[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$12 USD on PSN. Worth the buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
$12 USD on PSN.

Worth the buy?
>>
>>342824016
Yeah. I got it on PC a while back for $30 and I thought it was a lot of fun. It's kind of half sequel to Arkham City, half army tank game, but fortunately the army tank game is actually pretty good.
>>
>>342824016

Yes. But that's one of my favorite games, so i'm biased in my opinion.
>>
>>342825290
>>342825674
What about the combat?

I got pretty bored after the first 2 Bamhams.The fighting felt stale, so i skipped Origins.
Did they make it fresh?
>>
>>342825868
there's some neat little things like gadgets while gliding. but like anyone will tell you the main problem the game is forcing the tank on you at every turn. even fistfights are just set ups to use the remote control for the tank.

arkham knight with the tank is like max payne 3 is with cutscenes.
>>
>>342825868
>What about the combat?
There are some tiny alterations like counter throws, "batmobile assisted takedowns", enemies being able to restrain you etc. but it really still feels the same. Don't let the game blind you with all the content and challenges, most of that stuff is pretty boring. If you like open world collectathons and tank combat, buy it now.
>>
>>342824016
Buy Mad Max instead. Its a much better arkham style game.
>>
>>342826350
The challenges are arguably the best parts of the games, because going for the high scores forces you to learn to integrate all your techniques and gadgets into combat for the most points. In the main games, you can get by almost entirely with normal attacks, counter attacks, beatdowns and batarangs.
>>
It's the worst Batman game by far, even Origins is better

The shitposting about the PC version subverted actual discussion about the game
>>
>>342825868

I'll describe it, you judge (sorry if my english is bad, is not my first language and i'm sleepy):
>fear takedowns: if you catch people off guard, you can instantly defeat up to 5 of them
>you literally can't win with just one button, because now all the normal goons can make a tackle move, you can't punch nor counter that charge, you have to dodge it or throw a batarang to insta beat; they can also hold you for someone else to punch you
>now you can manually do throw counterattacks
>you can give a quick punch to people which is in the floor but not yet defeated, you can choose this objectives manually by holding the crouch button while you press the attack button
>the combat animations are more context sensitive (for example, if you try to punch someone too far while you are close to a wall, batman will use the wall to jump to the objective; that kind of stuff)
>they fused the big guy (no meme intended) and the guys with armor from City and Origins in one type of enemy, i mean, you can't simply punch the tall guys in Knight, you have to use your cape or use a special combo move to eliminate them, they kill you with three or so punches in hard
>there's a new type of enemy, the doctors, they can wake up the enemies you already have defeated and charge their allies suits with electricity, so you can't punch them normally; they are somewhat strategic (they avoid you until they have no choice but fight you, so they can keep waking up their fellas)
>there's fights where you play as two characters at the same time, and on the streets, the batmobile can assist you in fights, with it's rubber bullets and electricity
>now you have a more powerful version of each one of the five combat gadgets, that you can use with a big enough combo
>you can use your five combat gadgets while gliding
>now you shoot the explosive gel like a bullet instead of plant it during combats

There's more shit, but my autism isn't working well because of the lack of sleep.
>>
>>342826809

Nah. Origins is the worst. But in my book:

A not so good Arkham game > any other game

Next Arkham not VR bullshit when, WB?.
>>
the series peaked with god-tier City, so no
>>
Yes, I bought it and all the DLC, i'm having a blast with it.
>>
8Gb of RAM and a GTX 670 on W10, playable at 30fps on medium/high ?

I suppose I can wait for a GOTY version that'll be 4,99 in a Steam-sale in two years (like I did for AA and AC) but I'd like to finish the series.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.