[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I've been away for a few years (don't ask) and haven't yet played any of the games in the Dark Souls series. Recently returned home to a bunch of new (to me) games. I have Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 sitting here.

I know the series is famous for it's difficulty, but is there any other reason to play these games besides the challenge and huge brag factor that comes with being able to say you completed it?

>I need reasons to play these games.
>>
They're unique and have a great feeling of exploration.
>>
The gameplay, music, atmosphere, architecture, levels and bosses (mostly) are great. Demon's Souls and the games after it instantly sprang to my favourite games ever.
>>
They're like La-Mulana without the puzzles.
>>
>>342823130
Your ass was in a coma, weren't you?
>>
>>342823130
Were you in jail?
>>
File: VegetaPeace.jpg (57 KB, 459x431) Image search: [Google]
VegetaPeace.jpg
57 KB, 459x431
>Last question...

Should I actually attempt completion of each title before moving on to the next? Will that even be realistically possible without some serious time investment?

>Thanks again!
>>
>>342823904
Each game takes between 30-50 hours to complete.
Depending on how good you are.
>>
>>342823664
>>342823857

I was playing Call of Duty on "real life" difficulty... glad to be back and don't really want to play any FPS for a while. kek
>>
>>342823904
Yeah
>>
>>342824057
Glad you came back safe OP.
Play Journey and Ori.
>>
>>342823130
Yeah, both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 were great, both with a unique atmosphere and feel to them. I played Dark Souls first, so I liked it more than Demon's. I recommend you skip 2, since it is a mixed bag, and go for 3, because that's where the hot pvp action is nowdays. If you're playing on pc, get Wulf's commectivity mod. Oh, and try staying off the wikis for your 1st playthroughs. Part of what made the Dark Souls experience for me was that I went in completely oblivious. I was lost and confused 70% of the time an that made the atmosphere stick. The stories are also great, being more puzzle-like, You'll in for a great ride, good luck and don't give up.
>>
File: what_are_you_doing.png (274 KB, 702x1260) Image search: [Google]
what_are_you_doing.png
274 KB, 702x1260
>>342823130
They're fun

Who the fuck plays video games for something other than fun
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.