[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what the fuck, am I supposed to be selling all those demon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: thewitcher3pc1jpg-4dfaf8.jpg (483 KB, 1043x1343) Image search: [Google]
thewitcher3pc1jpg-4dfaf8.jpg
483 KB, 1043x1343
So what the fuck, am I supposed to be selling all those demon tongues and wolf dicks and shit for money or do I keep them all? I have a fuckton of random shit in my inventory and all of it says "for crafting" I haven't crafted a single thing though I've only been playing for like 6 hours or something, but still. I'm poor as shit and my silver sword is broken
>>
>>342819526
>Demon tongues
You know what you're supposed to do with these
>>
If you can't figure out simple shit like this then you should stick to simple games. Not that this game is hard but you're obviously a retard.
>>
>>342819985
>complexity instantly means it's good
You're more of a retard than this guy
>>
Broken doesn't mean shit, it's like a 10% damage reduction
>>
>>342820083
He didn't even imply that, tho
>>
>>342820450
Right, what he said makes even less sense
>if you can't do simple things, play simple games

wot f a m
>>
>>342820083

It's not even complex, you get formulas and make potions with the ingredients it tells you that you need
>>
>>342820551
It's not complex in and of itself, it's more complex than it should be.

Comparative adjectives, people.
>>
>>342819526
Dont bother looting mats I got through the game easily without ever crafting a single thing. You will just fill up your inventory with an entire markets worth of shit that you will never use.
>>
>>342819526

>man, my inventory is full of nekker eyeballs and tufts of pubic hair, what am I going to do with them?
>I could sell them, but it says they're alchemy ingredients, maybe I can concoct some mad OP invincibility potions and philosopher's stones in the end game?
>better save everything
>60 hours later
>credits roll
>never needed ANY of that shit
>>
You break down those bits into component crafting ingredients which you use for useful gear. Nekker eyeballs can be broken down into monster eyeballs for example, which are used in some high-end armours for some reason.
>>
sell the runes and keep everything else. You can sell the most expensive crafting materials to get out of a bind but they can be rare and buying them back is a waste of money
>>
also if you play above easy mode crafting is quite useful and necessary
>>
Gonna rant here cause you made a witcher thread.

After dozens of hours I'm gonna restart.
The patches didn't work on saves that were older. I've had so many glitches fuck up quests and buildings are even unfinished, there's even a house with a card I can't pick up because the entire fucking interior won't load, also you fall through the floor into some unfinished sewer. This game is fucking broken but I've played too much of it already to not finish it, yet I need to restart because who knows what else is broken in my version.
>>
>Hard mode remove the out-of-combat regen
There's a way to mod that in?
It's tedious.
>>
>>342819526
sell them. you can also have smiths break them down into materials for crafting. if you want some of the superior potions you will need to refine some materials and craft secondary ingredients. sucks that only the superior level potions/bombs are the only decent crafting in the game.
>>
>>342821368
you could probably find a mod for it. but you can also just take the talent that makes food last 20 minutes and have basically infinite regen.
>>
>>342821481
Didn't saw this one, I'll take a look and grab it then.
>>
>>342821368
>>342821481
I played through the whole game and the DLCs without that talent on hard.
It just makes it so you actually need to manage resources and restock on cheese and chicken wings every so often.
>>
>can't pay for a room in inns to recover your HP
>inns are just shops that sell cards and food items

why?

why?
>>
>>342819526

Sell most of them. I usually keep myself with a handful of the items, depending how plentiful they are. I don't need 50 Drowner Tongues, so I'll sell 20-30 of them. However, if I've only got say 6 Wyvern Hearts I'd probably only sell 1-2 at most.

For junk items like ladders, cups, etc, just sell all of them. You can break them down into components, but it's generally not worth much.

Silver dust and shit, same deal as monster picksup, sell a reasonable amount and keep a few so you can use them when you want to craft things.

You should be crafting too, if not items then at least potions (later on you'll wanna craft Witcher armour of your choice)
>>
>>342821669
Because you can just recover your HP from meditating, which you can do everywhere.
>>
>>342821368

Just carry food with you ffs. Kill a pack of wolves and you get 10+ Beast Livers, that'll keep you topped off without an issue.
>>
File: 20160619052704_1.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160619052704_1.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
>>342821481
>>342821368

if you're combat, use the talent that restores vitality if you run out by using adrenaline points, if you max it out with 3 adrenaline points it heals you up to full. pretty useful on death march when all the bosses just one shot you anyways.
>>
>>342819526
If it doesn't have weight, keep it, you can probably craft shit with it.

If it has weight... go to some blacksmith and deconstruct it into materials that don't have weight so you can use it to craft shit.

That's basically the gist of it. Oh and sell every single book/page you have after reading it once. Shit's useless as fuck.
>>
>>342820609

Nope. They don't even take up weight so they can sit there
>>
>>342820181
more like 30%
>>
>>342821669
Get the ability that restores health in daytime.
>>
>>342821669
There's a talent that makes food recover hp for 20 minutes.
>>
>>342819526
I usually sell half of anything that has more than 10 of each.
>>
>>342821791
playing deathmarch. Meditating doesn't heal you.
>>
>>342821362
I've noticed my game glitching and acting odd, I guess it was the updates after blood and wine even though I haven't downloaded it yet. but yeah my map will act weird, saying my current objective is 37m in the opposite way when it's right in front of me, actual framrate drops, some sound effects drop in and out, and I've actually had it freeze on me 2 serperate times. before all this the fps never dropped below 25, now it seems to dip to 20 on a regular basis. this is all after I started a NG+.
>>
Speaking of which, I run this game at a constant 60 FPS with everything on high, but I have some strange stuttering regularly, like one frame or two is dropping, and yet it's marked as constant FPS.

It's a known issue, or.. ?
>>
quick and easy way to make a lot of money:

>sell unique armor and gear to merhant
>kill merchant and take back stuff for free as loot
>fast travel out and then back, repeat
>no reprocussions
>>
>>342819526

I hated the crafting shit so much.

CRAFTING IS NOT FUN. IT IS TEDIOUS AND DULL.

Just let me pick items up instead of having to trudge through menus and ingredients lists and then spend 90% of the game picking flowers instead of doing the shit I purchased the game for.
>>
>>342819526
you are poor until go to novigrad. then you will change orens and florens to coins and voila! you are filthy rich
>>
>>342822573
it was patched
>>
>>342822540
doesn't sound like anything I would bitch about, but yeah people have been complaining of performance issues lately
>>
>>342822404
That doesn't bode well at all, seems redownloading won't fix my game then. I have too much OCD in gaming to deal with broken quests and missables. I'll skip it entirely maybe, this sucks.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.