[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just ordered this game, what can I expect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10
File: 422360_front[1].jpg (95 KB, 640x736) Image search: [Google]
422360_front[1].jpg
95 KB, 640x736
Just ordered this game, what can I expect?
>>
A game.
>>
Be mindful of your item burden ahead
>>
File: Vanguard.png (459 KB, 549x501) Image search: [Google]
Vanguard.png
459 KB, 549x501
Dark souls: old fantasy edition

Those brown things in the smelter hub, the vanguard demon, and the Maneaters look like they're animated with claymation.

Weird ass graphics
>>
>After all these demons, you've finally become... Slayer of Demons™
>demons still exist in Dark Souls

BRAVO DUDE
>>
>>342805871
touch the demon inside me
>>
Try sticky white stuck

Try using both hands
>>
Best souls game.
>>
Nothing. That's how you get the most out of these games.
>>
>>342805871
>what can I expect?
The best game of the Souls series, the best PS3 game, and conversely the best RPG you will have ever played.

Play it with an assortment of snacks and fine beverages in front of you.

You may choose to be alone or not, either way, devote some time and try to play it in one sitting.

It's a glorious game.
>>
>>342805871
Is this your first Souls game? I hope so. Demon's Souls is the best of them to start with.

play it as blind as you can and just have fun with it.
>>
It's much easier than the other Souls games but it is a blast.
>>
>>342805871
Shit, it's a shit game and doesn't hold a candle to Bloodborne.
You're better off saving the money you spent instead of buying this shit game. You could have let interest accumalate over the years until your pcuck ass finally could afford a ps4
get bloodborne and experience the greatest game of this generation, nay of all generations. I doubt next gen will offer anything that tops bloodborne. Unless we get bloodborne 2
but the game is so good that it doesnt NEED a sequel story closes nicely and there is closure

best combat
best weapon
best aesthetics
best theme
best lore
best character design
best level design
best controls
best weapon viabillity
best weapon variety
best buidl viabillity
best build variety

why settle for anything less than bloodborne
>>
>>342805871
Its fun. The last boss fight is great.
>>
>>342806550
Nice falseflag kiddo

>best combat
dodges are not combat
>best weapon
looks ok
>best aesthetics
maybe
>best theme
hmm maybe
>best lore
no
>best character design
nope
>best level design
mmm no
>best controls
lolno
>best weapon viability
maybe
>best weapon variety
ahahaha no
>best build viability
AHAHAHA FUCKING STOP
>best build variety
STOP DUDE AHAHA
>>
>>342806372
>>342806448
These it's tied for best with Bloodborne
>>342806550
What a blatant attempt at false flagging. This isn't funny if it's legitimate nor is it funny if you were trying to be ironic or whatever.
>>
>>342805871
A great game with an emphasis on carefully picking what you need and traveling light. Also, be more cautious going through levels than you would in Dark Souls; there are no checkpoints, just shortcuts you usually open late into a level.
>>
>>342806760
Kill yourself.
>>
The first entry in a franchise.
>>
The real Demon's Souls starts here
>>
>>342806852
You first, kid
>>
>>342806778
yet you replied. which is exactly what he wanted. You cant hear it but im clapping for you right now. Great job!
>>
>>342805871
its difficulty is like the opposite of dark souls, the areas are actually hard and the bosses are usually easy as fuck.

also that spell that reduces physical damage taken pretty much breaks the game
>>
>>342805871
More imagination and variation than every Dark Souls games.
>>
>>342806550
Don't listen to this faggot.

DeS is one of the best Souls games, and due to its slightly older nature it's best to start with it. Playing it after Bloodborne, for example, would spoil you and you'd have a harder time enjoying it.

Don't get me wrong, Bloodborne is an amazing game, and in my opinion the best souls game, but you should play it later down the line. Honestly just playing them in the order they were released is the best idea:

DeS -> DaS+dlc -> DaSII+dlc -> Bloodborne -> DaSIII
>>
>>342806921
You're just as autistic, and that's assuming you're not samefagging
>>
File: 1452851552483.png (540 KB, 500x574) Image search: [Google]
1452851552483.png
540 KB, 500x574
That box is ugly as sin
>>
>>342806904
>2016
>kids calling kids kid

Jesus.
>>
>>342806127
I find it amazing that people complain about this. You have storage NPC from the get-go. It's a mechanic that makes sense as opposed to the rest of the series allowing you to carry an armory on your back.
>>
>>342806760
>>best combat
>dodges are not combat
you dodge in all souls games, lets not pretend having to dodge is not-bb exclusive
dashes and rolls have the same exact iframes so i dont understand your bitching
>>best weapon
>looks ok
>>best aesthetics
>maybe
>>best theme
>hmm maybe
>>best lore
>no
Lovecraftian > Generic overused medieval fantasy
>>best character design
>nope
Yeah actuallly
>>best level design
>mmm no
Tell of a better souls level design
>archstones
lmao
>izalith/Demon ruins
lmao
>dark souls 2
i shouldnt even have to list this
>dark souls 3
game literally locks you from a area unless you kill 3 bosses in which a corpse magically appears
>>best controls
>lolno
Same controls as other game, but more responsive, no shitty input queue that lasts a year like the other souls
>>best weapon viability
>maybe
>>best weapon variety
>ahahaha no
68 different weapons that are viable
16 guns, 26 trick weapons (52 since they have 2 modes
>>best build viability
>AHAHAHA FUCKING STOP
Quality, Dex, Str, Arc, BT, BT/Dex, Str/Arc are all viabie as opposed to DeS and DaS quality only
>>best build variety
>STOP DUDE AHAHA
See above
>>
>>342806760
Yeah barely any of that belongs to DeS, last 3 belong to DS2.
>>
>tfw have it digitally
>tfw have the autistic need to buy it physically to please the OCD monster in my brain
Help
>>
>>342806963
>DeS above BB
Take off the damn nostalgia goggles
>das2 above bb
nevermind, you're just a complete retard
nice double spacing, what are you a redditor?
>>
>>342807125
>Des and Das quality only
Not that guy, but you're an idiot. I played both as a strict dexfag.
>>
>>342806963
DS2 better than bloodborne and DS3? dafuq?
>>
>>342807193
>>342807435
Lmao neither of you know how to read?
>>
>>342807380
good job being suboptimal
least with bb, you're just as optimal
>>
I actually just started the game too. Funny that there have been so many threads about it lately.

It's my first Souls game. Rolled a mage. It was kind of difficult to get a hang of at first, and I probably spent more time in the early parts of Boletaria than I'd like to admit, but I feel like I'm slowly learning. I've handled most of the first parts of the game except the swamp, and it's really fun.

A guy a day or two on here recommended me equipping the Crescent Falchion, and that's really working out for me. Shrine of Storms actually powered me up a fuck ton. I got like, two regenerating items now, and it feels kind of cheap.
>>
>>342807506
lmao u got me good
it looked like greater sign arrows and iuts actaully just arrows
hhaha
>>
File: sudoku frog.png (175 KB, 539x612) Image search: [Google]
sudoku frog.png
175 KB, 539x612
>>342807143
i have 3 copies
>>
>>342807589
I'm not even that anon, I just think it's funny how retarded the average /v/ user (you) is. Jesus Christ you're insecure.
>>
>>342807506
Your retarded arrow tree at the bottom confused them because <=> symbols are used in comparisons a lot here.
>>
PS4 remaster with delicious 60 FPS when?
>>
>>342807743
Arrows are used on here constantly too, everytime anyone asks what order to play a game series in.
>>
>>342806550
This
>>
>>342807725
Get over yourself, lame-ass faggot
>>
>>342807743
You're a retard who couldn't read two sentences before jumping to a list which you arbitrarily assumed was of someone's favorites in the series, so you could shove your own opinion down someone's throat.
>>
>>342805871
Think hard.
>>
>>342808015
My only post other than this one was
>>342807743
Who shoving who's opinion down others throat?Thx for playing.
>>
>>342808203
prove it
>>
File: image.jpg (492 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
492 KB, 1800x1800
>>342806197
I like how you can tell which souls game you're playing by looking at the textures.

Demon's Souls has that ceramic/clay animation texture you mentioned.

Dark Souls has that metallic, shinny texture (the dumb people will call wet/greasy) to the armor sets and weapons.

Dark Souls 2 had that 100% pure hasbro plastic texture.

Bloodborne has the chromatic aberration/weird shiny blur going on which is my guilty pleasure.

And Dark Souls 3...actually, I don't even know. I don't think Dark Souls 3 has a distiguishable texture like the ither games.
>>
>>342806372
best post
>>
>>342808283
Quote what you think is me so I can screen cap.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1797x1449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1797x1449
>>342806265
>thinking Demon's Souls is a prequel to Dark Souls

Fool, Dark Souls is the prequel to Bloodborne.
>>
>>342808142
Sticky white stuff.
>>
>>342808395
DEEPEST LORE
>>
File: 1459977485346.png (67 KB, 331x304) Image search: [Google]
1459977485346.png
67 KB, 331x304
>>342808316
>people now think that the Great Sword of Moonlight is only a Souls thing
>>
>>342805871
The plague.
>>
>>342808715
>expecting people to know any other From game besides SoulsBorne
>>
>>342808715
Underageb& never played armored core anon, let it go.
>>
>>342806550
preach, brother
>>
>>342808948
>KANGZ field
>>
>>342809084
>otogi
>>
>>342808715
I like when people think they know what they are talking about and only list one of the many From games it is a recurring item in.
>>
File: 1362693525564.jpg (980 KB, 1196x1818) Image search: [Google]
1362693525564.jpg
980 KB, 1196x1818
If you have played Dark Souls or any of the more recent Souls games, expect a somewhat clunkier version in terms of gameplay. Magic is horrendously broken. If you haven't played any of the Souls games, this is a good jumping off point because every game builds upon each other in some fashion. This game has the simplest gameplay (barring weapon upgrade paths).

Demon's Souls was the first real foray into these kinds of games so gameplay is really the only thing that suffers. Graphics are a bit dated, but still do well to impress here and there. The story is serviceable. If you've played ANY of the other Souls games, you'll feel right at home here.

Where Demon's Souls really shines is in atmosphere and music. Lacking an open world, immense care was placed into every inch on screen and this allows the atmosphere to shine. In addition to this, due to a smaller budget, the composer had to work with what he was given. As a result, the music in Demon's Souls is incredibly varied and unique. Although I would hesitate to call the music in the more recent iterations of the series "bad," a lot of the tracks are just heavily bombastic orchestral pieces. All still good, but tiresome after a while.

The game is cryptic like the other entries and it's not as hard as people make the game out to be. In fact, no Souls game is that hard.

This game, despite being comparable to pretty much every Souls games, draws a lot of ire due to its exclusivity on PS3. Take what you read here with a grain of salt because I played this game fire before Dark Souls ever came out. I have a soft spot for this game because of that, but I can honestly say that it is a fantastic game although it feels a little old.

Have fun, don't pick Royalty if you want to experience a modicum of difficulty.
>>
>>342805871

mediocre action game (7.5 at best)
was literally released during the lowest point of the games industry

basically neogaf saw this opportunity to spam this game into a meme, and it worked
rest of souls and bloodborne never quite break free from the chinese souls mediocrity, some games even get worse

souls is a monster of a forced meme
>>
File: 9bJ8Kc7.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9bJ8Kc7.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Best Souls games DeS = BB > DaS3
Most challenging Souls games BB > DeS > DaS
Best lore in Souls games BB > DaS > DeS

DeS has great lore though, don't get me wrong. The fact that there are no bonfires makes the game much more challenging to complete and the atmosphere and level design are leagues ahead of dark 1. They're all great games though, but definitely play Demon's Souls first. As long as you stay patient and persevere, you'll have a hugely immersive and deeply rewarding experience.
>>
>>342809353
Are you this retarded all the time?
>>
>>342809409
I feel the series has had an upward climb in difficulty with each new game. Demon's Dark and Dark Souls II feel ridiculously slow and easy now when I compare them to BB and III.
>>
>>342809308
I agree that DE has the best atmosphere of any Souls game. I never really thought about it before but it really does.
The tower with the squid guards and the cliff area with the manta ray boss are both very well done. (it's been so long since I've played this game)
>>
>>342809710
I played the games in this order:
DeS, DaS (only played a bit but thought it wasn't anywhere near DeS in quality), BB, went back to DaS and finished Anor Londo, got bored and still thought the game wasn't as great as everyone thinks it is, especially compared to DeS and BB (though the lore and world building are incredible), DaS3

For me, DeS has always been the hardest and that's not only because it was my first Souls game. I went back to play 5-1 after not having played it for almost a year and I had forgotten just how much of a slog it can be. BB is the hardest to me simply because of the insane aggression/damage of the enemies and the fact that bosses have huge health pools. DaS2 was mostly fair and slightly more difficult in some places (blue fucking smelter demon) but otherwise it wasn't that hard. DaS3 gave me almost no trouble, even Aldritch and the Dancer were pretty easy to me. The fucking alligator monster on the Ithryll bridge gave me more trouble than almost any boss did. DaS however is odd to really evaluate. I've only played up to the end of Anor Londo (yes I beat O&S), but I still think it's harder than 2 or 3. In terms of difficulty, I'd rank them BB > DeS > DaS > DaS2 > DaS3
>>
>>342810229
>DaS (only played a bit but thought it wasn't anywhere near DeS in quality),

Dark grew on me. I liked Demon's more, but Dark is really solid. It does drop in quality for the last 25% of the game though.
>>
>>342810229
just realized my post is contradictory; meant to say that Demon's is the hardest sans-Bloodborne for me
>>
>>342805871
Best girl
>>
>>342809710
DaS2 can kill you with way more bullshit than DaS3. DaS3 is almost too predictable.
>>
>>342811154
DaSII's Adaptability can both curse you or completely break the game. You can literally have more iframes than the flip ring in Dark 1 gave you, Not to mention you can be way more tanky in it. Speed is king in these games and your enemies in Dark II don't have it. Bullshit trap encounters are common in all and most prevalent in II and III, but I haven't felt much aggression in most of the series bar a few bosses in each until Bloodborne and III.
>>
>>342807125

>52 since they have 2 modes
oh fuck lol
>>
>>342812389
yeah, he is completely forgetting how many forms of these "52" are dupes. Less forgetting and more like omitting to buffer his case. But its a false flag anyways.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.