[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help this is my first time playing a Ys game How do I kill this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160626014837_1.jpg (199 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
20160626014837_1.jpg
199 KB, 1366x768
Help this is my first time playing a Ys game
How do I kill this fucking thing
>>
Get good
>>
Get good
>>
Get good
>>
Get good
>>
Follow him around the room, avoid the bats. Learn the pattern, same for every boss.
>>
>>342803715
if you suck too much you could always go grind anon
>>
>>342804714

I've just realised he's not that far. You really should get gud, OP.
>>
>>342803715
You might have to grind some levels, I'm playing my first Ys game too (oath in feglhana) and I've noticed that a couple levels make a massive difference in boss difficulty. It's really too bad since I think the game would work better without the level system. Having to grind really detracts from my enjoyment.

I haven't played the game you're playing, though, so maybe you already are an appropriate level. In that case you just need to git gud.
>>
>>342804714
>same for every boss
Minus that one where you need to equip the right armor to even stand a chance against
>>
>Went back and got the better sword
>Killed him in like 4 hits
Well fuck you guys I didn't need to get good at all
>>
>>342807530
Sadly this is the case for most bosses in Ys 1 up till Vagullion. If you're having problems the answer is usually to grind so to avoid going back and grinding make sure you never skip clearing every room of monsters. Ys 2 is a bit better, the magic helps tons and it's overall a better game but don't quit on Ys 1 man.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.