[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth a play through? Vanilla or mods for a first time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Is this worth a play through? Vanilla or mods for a first time?

Any mod guides? Recommendations?
>>
Yes it is. Also try the hardcore mode for more challenge.
>>
I can't think go a single game that you shouldn't play vanilla first. Well, minus unofficial bug fixes and such. Hardcore isn't so hard that it makes the game a chire, so you might as well turn it on.

Once you're done, Project Nevada is a good place to start modding. It changes a lot of things and allows you to tweak most of the details to how you like it.
>>
>>342773986
I prefer JSawyer to PNV
>>
>>342773412
>Vanilla or mods for a first time?

As always, you'll want stability/bug fixing patches + UI mods.
>>
>>342773986
If there was a mod to replace the main questline in fallout 3 I'd take that. And reccomend it to anyone if it was done well.

Not tried new Vegas tho. I'll just get some bug fixes and texture packs for my first run
>>
big iron
>>
>>342774272
JSawyer is less of an overhaul than PNV, though. If vanilla is too easy for you, then you can slap on JSawyer since that's probably the most "official" mod there is.
>>
>>342773412
doesn't make any difference if you play it with mods or not. Also enable Hardcore mode.
>>
>>342773412
>Vanilla or mods for a first time?
Get the bug fixes for the love of God.
>>
>>342773412
here are the mods that i use as well as instructions

http://pastebin.com/nBaNgySn
>>
Ive had this game for over a year and stop playing it right after the starting area everytime because im a fucking casual that needs to be told where to go

send help
>>
>>342775203
head north from goodsprings
>>
>>342775203
Head towards the south. You'll run into Primm and, under that, your first NCR outpost.
>>
>>342775203
head to the east towards powder gangbangers
>>
>>342773412
play fallout 3 instead
the whole thing people obsess about in this game is the story and dialogue options, but the game was so rushed that a lot of it was cut out (legion, etc.) and the structure of the world really railroads you
>>
>>342775203
Head west because it's the only way nobody has told you to go yet
>>
>>342775845
Fallout New Vegas is a rushed, yet good game.

Fallout 3 is a bad game from the ground up.

Don't listen to this guy.
>>
It's fun, get the ultimate edition and play through all that shit with DLC's and all.

It's a wild ride, mods not mandatory.
>>
>>342776524
Pray tell, which game sold more?

Yeah, that's what I thought.
>>
File: 1466615734880.jpg (40 KB, 500x461) Image search: [Google]
1466615734880.jpg
40 KB, 500x461
>>342775187
Most of them are garbage mate.

Jsawyer
MTUI
NVSE
NVSR
NVAC
YUP
FNV4GB

That's pretty much all you need.

>>342775203
But the vestigial "pinpoint accurate location quest marker" is there for 99% of the quests. How can you possibly be told where to go more than that?

>>342775845
>play an inferior game purely because it wasn't rushed and still turned out to be embarrassingly bad over a game made by a ragtag group of autists in 12 days that's still objectively better in every way
>>
>>342775845
Fallout 3 is a themepark. You're riding a roller coaster while watching a story unfold that you take no part in.
>>
>>342776781
Cool, I had all those but Jsawyer? Worth for the first go?

Got a few gfx mods too.
>>
>>342777557
JSawyer basically turns hardcore mode into actually hardcore mode rather than slightly different vanilla version. Probably skip it for your first playthrough unless things really are too easy for you.
>>
>>342776748
>selling more copies = a good game
Ok, I see you're baiting. Cool, now I know not to respond to you anymore.
>>
>>342777557
The changes to karma, levelling, and not dumping tonnes of pre-order DLC items onto you from the offset are essential.

The only thing anyone is likely to take issue with is the drastically lower carry weight. If you want to be able to lug ridiculous amounts of stuff with you at all times, then you're probably not going to like it. I'm sure you can change it pretty simply, though.

Also, I wouldn't recommend installing any graphics mods. Especially not ENB or whatever injecting trash is popular these days.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.