[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your current opinion on the call of duty series ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: black ops 3.jpg (32 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
black ops 3.jpg
32 KB, 620x400
What is your current opinion on the call of duty series ?
>>
Futuristic >modern > world war

Overall it's an OK series, but nowhere near the best
>>
>>342768587
its like overwatch
its popular
riddled with millions of flaws and no content
but it makes scrubs feel good so its got that crowd, at least cod has a campaign i guess
>>
>>342768587
better than csgo but still shit.
>>
>>342768587
Best games of all time
>>
>>342768587
BO3 is fun and I hope that its success influences other games to incorporate more interesting movement abilities/ unrealistic yet fun things
>>
>>342769084
This.

At least COD has a few other game modes to offer for variety unlike trash games such as overwatch that have no content.
>>
It was heading back in the right direction with Black Ops 3, but Infinite Warfare will probably send it backwards again.
>>
>>342768587
Black Ops 2 was okay
Ghost was boring garbage

Honestly interested in Black Ops 3 though
>>
>>342769237
I personally think it looks phenomenal
The campaign teasers so far were amazing
it looks like it is going to take a mass effect type campaign
I personally am hyped for it
>>
>>342769326
Get Black Ops 3. It's better than the second, and almost on par with the first
>>
>>342769326
you should really play it
it is tons of fun and is one of my favorite entries to the series
>>
I hate the haters more than anything.

Alright series of games
>>
If I wanted an arcade shooter with fun gameplay I'd play DOOM, Shadow Warrior or Wolfenstein: The New Order.

If I wanted a muh realistic military game I'd play Arma 3 or Battlefield.

If I wanted a multiplayer FPS I'd play CS:GO, Overwatch or Team Fortress 2.

I don't care about CoD anymore.
>>
>>342769523
I never got where the hate on the call of duty series came from
It is overall a great series of arcade shooters with amazing campaigns ... a very fast paced and mostly balanced mp , everyone can do whatever they want and a third coop mode that is usually lots of fun
>>
>>342769417
>>342769520
Don't have the hardware, unfortunately

Only a shit laptop that has no memory left, can't run Advanced Warfare and no current gen console
>>
>>342769631
personally I think that DOOM lacks the depth of the campaign cod has and the mp is less than sub par
Arma 3 is a more realistic military shooter but in the last few years battlefield has been trying to capture the cod audience which really fucked it over because at the end of the day it is a totally different game
c.s go is more of a tactical shooter and overwatch and team fortress 2 are team based arcade shooters
Personally I don't get your argument
You are comparing totally different games
Cod can be all of that actually it all depends on how you want to play it
>>
>>342769793
I know that feel bro ... well knew until very recently
>>
Am I the only person who wasn't that into BO2, but really likes BO3? The only reason I can think of is because BO2 tried to merge future with modern, while BO3 was just full-blown futurey.

That, and BO3 zombies is lightyears better than BO2.
>>
>>342768587
As more time goes by, it tries to make different weapon types less feasible. Generally speaking for BO3, if you aren't using a sub machine gun, and you are similar in skill to someone who is, you will die. They need to balance maps more, not just having these close quarters maps.
>>
>>342769913
>tactical shooter
That's Rainbow Six and SWAT
>>
>>342769417
>better than the second
>almost on par with the first
Funny memes.
>>
>>342769913
My argument is that CoD doesn't really appeal to me anymore. MP is shallow as fuck, campaign is bland if compared to both Wolfenstein games and Battlefield is a better CoD than CoD.

Oh, and if I wanted a good MP mode I'd play Destiny.
>>
>>342768587
observation:
>too much of the same
people complain
>too much different
people complain

The newest one looks pretty cool if the space fighting is real, I have never owned a COD game
>>
>>342770035
I wish I can get a PC by the end of this year, but I guess waiting for lower prices on older VGAs or cheaper new VGAs is more price efficient
>>
>>342769084
it's the same as any shooter, shoot first and win.
all shooters are garbage competitively since it's entirely dependent on reaction time.
>>
>>342770663
>all shooters are garbage competitively since it's entirely dependent on reaction time.
really cod is less about reaction time and more about map control and weapons
If you are in a good spot and you have an AR you are definitely going to outclass someone with an SMG in the open
>>
It's kiddies first shooter and a trend follower.
>>
>>342771264
>It's kiddies first shooter
nah that's cs.
>>
>>342770368
>too much different
>people complain
AKA the people that truly enjoyed the game. They would like to continue playing it, but with updates that reset how repetitive it has gotten by playing new maps, and maxing out new weapons.

>too much of the same
>people complain
AKA the people that didn't truly enjoy the game and think it should be remade into a game designed for them.

It's not ALWAYS as black and white as that, but usually it should be spot on.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.