[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sims 3 Expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Literallyhelp.jpg (50 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Literallyhelp.jpg
50 KB, 460x215
So I own Sims 3 on steam from a while ago.

I noticed the expansions are on sale during the steam sale. Which expansions are objectively the best?

I have PETS and AMBITIONS but wasn't sure if the Paranormal one or the Generations was worth it?

Or if any of them are.
>>
>>342762681
>>>/tsg/

Get Late Night, and Seasons for general sims gameplay. Generations if you like to play through multiple life states and lineages.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMYeBRTsHs

Seasons is your go to one
>>
It runs like shit the more expansions you have. Just not worth buying it.
>>
pirate them. there is just no excuse for how bad this game runs without putting tons of effort into fixing it.

set mem in sims3/game/bin/sims3.ini to 4gb
>[ResourceSystem]
>MemoryUsageLimit = 40000000

get fixed routing worlds for any you'll play
>http://modthesims.info/m/1515002

get nrass stuff, at least master controller, error trap and overwatch
>http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

use s3pe to repack your mods (i'd extract .package files from .sims3pack files too)
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/sims3tools/files/s3pe/
>>
>>342762681
Honestly, I bought the base game during some sale and just torrented all the expansions.

I liked the Supernatural expansion.
I think Pets fucked up my game. It ran fine until my sims adopted a cat. I couldn't load that family anymore. Could have been something else, Idk.
>>
File: Untitled.png (13 KB, 321x355) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13 KB, 321x355
>>342766876
i've got all the expansions installed, didn't bother with the stuff packs. runs fine except for isla paradiso. the map is just to big to both play and travel from at the same time.
>>
File: Screenshot-4.jpg (833 KB, 1680x1048) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-4.jpg
833 KB, 1680x1048
Late Night, Seasons and University Life are mandatory, as they add the most "improvements" to the core mechanics and basic feel of the game. I am a bit conflicted in Generations, it adds improvements to the core game mechanics but it feels kind of filler to me.

I do enjoy Into The Future and Supernatural, though. Working in the lab or library at home on a full moon in your lonely mansion is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>342767132
I also have problems with Isla Paradiso.
I have everything installed. I just don't adopt Pets anymore.

Also in my most recent game, it started lagging pretty badly. The only thing I remember doing was throwing a Cloning potion at some chick. It's probably something else. It might be time to clear my cache again.
>>
>>342768418
>>342767132
>>342766876
>torrented
>game is fucked up
Found the problem.
>>
>>342768580
isla is the biggest map in the game and one of the most densely populated. with all expansions it uses more than 2gb of ram which is something you have to change in the ini or you'll get issues with that map either way.

playing the map is fine. however traveling and then trying to travel home from a vacation or the future, the game will go near almost 4gb usage and just hang, never finishing loading. so you have to either play isla and not travel or just not play that map.

my game is stable as fuck but you can't make up for every short coming. this is about the best you'll get it >>342765684
>>
File: Screenshot-102.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-102.jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
>>
I love seasons the best
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.