[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any indie shootemups that are as good or better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ms3.jpg (58 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
ms3.jpg
58 KB, 460x215
are there any indie shootemups that are as good or better than Metal Slug 3? I imagine there are a lot of indie games similar to MS3.
>>
>MS3
>not metal slug x
c'mon step it up
>>
>>342756769
slug 3 is the best in the series; most ppl agree
>>
>>342756967
I guess most ppl are wrong
>>
>Metal Slug
>shoot 'em up
>>
>>342756769

It's surprising to see someone that prefers X. Most contrarians prefer 2, possibly even 1.
>>
>>342757058

what makes X better than 3? The final level in 3 can be its own game its so good
>>
>>342757120
While 2 will always have a special place in my heart, x fixed a lot of problems 2 had.
>>
>>342757149
I just like x more because I played it the most when I was young and never got to play 3 all that much
>>
When the fuck is X

is X a remake of 2 or 1

shit
>>
>>342756660
Broforce, I suppose. I never played it but by the trailers it looked somewhat similar.
>>
>>342757420
X is the redux of 2
>>
>>342757120
>Most contrarians prefer 2
i remember playing X at home and 2 at arcades a couple of times, only differences i remember are some bosses. what else was there?
>>
>>342757806
I'm too lazy to type this all out, so
>Much of the music has been remixed or altered.
>Many stages have the time of day changed. Instead of individual levels being set at either day or night, the stages can take place at dusk, twilight, or sunset.
>It is now possible for the player character to become fat by collecting food items in every stage after Mission 2; in the original game, the obese transformation was only possible in Mission 4.
>All levels contain an increased enemy count and new enemy placements, as well as different enemy characters, and new boss placements.
>Vehicle types and locations are different.
>There are more power-ups, POWs, and items (particularly food) in each mission. These items are often hidden.
>Many environmental elements have different reactions when shot, such as exploding with unexpected results or randomly spewing out items or enemies.
>Stronger versions like the heavy machine gun, flameshot, shotgun, laser rifle, and rocket launcher are available. Each deals more damage than their normal counterpart, has a different appearance and a wider (or longer) area of impact. If the player happens to be fat while using these heavier weapons, they appear differently and can cause even more damage.
>Several new weapons are included: Stones, Iron Lizard, Enemy Chaser, Super Grenade, Drop Shot, and a new Golden Metal Slug, which is available in Mission 3.
>Added Fio's death sound (In Metal Slug 2, she uses Eri's)
>The original art for Metal Slug is shown at the end of the game while the credits are rolling, instead of the black screen used in Metal Slug 2.
>>
>>342758035
>Golden Metal Slug, which is available in Mission 3
i never found this
>>
>>342758035
Golden Metal SLug shows up in X?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.