[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
star citizen just changed their TOS to prohibit refunds htt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1466879236001.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466879236001.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1080
star citizen just changed their TOS to prohibit refunds

http://gameranx.com/updates/id/60710/article/star-citizen-terms-of-service-changes-makes-it-difficult-to-refund/

>Regardless of stance, the official Star Citizen terms of service recently updated once more to reflect this shift in development. The rules that allowed refund requests after an 18 month delay have been removed from the terms of service for the game altogether. This means the clause to provide financial accountability has no deadline whatsoever to let the backer community know where their money went:

>For the avoidance of doubt, following the Cancellation Period, in consideration of RSI’s good faith efforts to develop, produce, and deliver the Game with the funds raised, you agree that any Pledge amounts applied against the Pledge Item Cost and the Game Cost shall be non-refundable regardless of whether or not RSI is able to complete and deliver the Game and/or the pledge items. In the unlikely event that RSI is not able to deliver the Game and/or the pledge items, RSI agrees to refund any unearned portion of your Pledge, and to post an audited cost accounting on the Website to fully explain the use of the amounts paid for Pledge Item Cost and the Game Cost. In consideration of the promises by RSI hereunder, you agree that, following the Cancellation Period, you shall irrevocably waive any claim for refund of any Pledge that has been used for the Game Cost and Pledge Item Cost in accordance with the above.
>>
What's the problem?
>>
>>342752307

none, I wasn't implying there was one

that said, those that donated money to the original 2014 kickstarter cannot reverse that decision
>>
File: 1406749320982.gif (941 KB, 300x221) Image search: [Google]
1406749320982.gif
941 KB, 300x221
I'm so surprised
>>
who cares elite is way better
>>
>>342752178
To be fair, they've had literal years to do so.
>>
>>342752178
Doesn't matter to Europeans.

But people who buy this game are too dumb to try and get refunds in the first place.
>>
If you didn't get a refund by now you are a cuck
>>
>>342753196
This.

They were pretty lenient with refunding for a much longer time than most companies.
>>
>>342753059
that game is so shallow, how do you not get bored playing it for more then a day?
its like swimming in a huge, gorgeous looking lake but the water only goes up to my ankles
>>
>>342754312
a shallow pool is a lot better than a sign saying "THE WORLD'S DEEPEST POOL" in the middle of a desert
>>
File: 1465920670153.jpg (29 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1465920670153.jpg
29 KB, 400x300
>yfw you didn't donate to Star Shitizen
>>
>>342752178
>game is obviously a known scam for many years
>surprised when they start making the steps to end the scam

wow amazing
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.