[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ says game is shit >it's actually great IT KEEPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13
File: jj.jpg (132 KB, 640x569) Image search: [Google]
jj.jpg
132 KB, 640x569
>/v/ says game is shit
>it's actually great
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
You're using /v/ wrong.
/v/ is a place to express your own opinions, not to listen to someone else's ones.
>>
Will the faggot toon link shit ever die?
>>
>>342742757
just remember /v/ hates fun
>>
I'm a huge Zelda fan but I wouldn't call Spirit Tracks great.

It's an ok game however that definitely has its moments & at the very least it's a much better game than Phantom Hourglass
>>
>>342742904
This is the board where anything that doesn't subscribe to /pol/ ideologies is absolutely shit on
>>
File: zelda ice climbers1.gif (1 MB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
zelda ice climbers1.gif
1 MB, 240x320
The DS Zelda games get too much shit. I enjoyed them by their control scheme alone, even if they have other flaws (temple of the ocean king or whatever that stealth shit was called for example).
Aiming and firing bow, boomerang, etc. by touchscreen is fun by itself.
>>
>>342743205
>refusing to fellate the rainbow colored acceptance cock = /pol/ philosophy
>>
I enjoyed it, but It could've been better with regular controls. So many Nintendo games you can say that about now.

Ghost Zelda is a top 3 Zelda.
>>
>>342742757
Spirit tracks was amazing
Phantom hourglass was lackluster
>>
>>342743360
Here we go.
I love how you use the videogame board to try to spread your beliefs: adults don't eat it so you try your hand with impressionable teenagers.
>>
>>342743649
PH overworld and sailing was better, but yeah ST had better gameplay
>>
Spirit Tracks had the best music and was overall more fun than PH, debate me.
>>
>>342742757
Is it? I guess I'll never know because there's no chance in hell I would pay for a sequel to a game as disgustingly bad as Phantom Hourglass. I mean, I fucking hated Wind Waker and its boring blue emptiness, but at least it controls like a dream. The DS Zeldas don't even have that.
>>
It keeps happening? Thats a side effect of having lower standards. Congratulations on having a higher tolerance for eating shit.
>>
>>342742757
Its ok to have shit tastes.
>>
Let's be honest: with the exception of ALttP and LA (and even those two have some flaws), none of the 2D Zelda games are that good.
>>
>>342743657
Don't you have some refugees to let into your country?
>>
>>342742757

Spirit Tracks wasn't great, but it was good, especially after the failure that was PH.
>>
You have zero standards.
>>
>>342744592

Capcom's entries weren't bad, though Minish cap was the start of shit going downhill.
>>
File: Dark_Train.png (204 KB, 374x521) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Train.png
204 KB, 374x521
>yfw it turns around
>>
After PH being so shit, playing ST afterwards felt like I was playing a masterpiece.
>>
>>342745234
genuine question, what was so bad about PH besides the back tracking main dungeon?
>>
>Nintendo controller contrarians
>and shit-gobbling Neo LoZ babies
>>
>>342744592
Lets be honest, your opinions are shit.
>>
It doesn't even have to be /v/. You can find enjoyment wherever you want. Try the same with life.
>>
>>342742757
I really don't understand why people listen to /v/ at all. Suspiciously, /v/ hates all of my favorite non-Nintendo games.
>>
>>342742757
Everyone agrees that Spirit Tracks was better than Phantom Hourglass though. And PH wasn't very good
>>
>>342744592
Nah fuck off matey-o

Oracles are great, minish is good, ALBW is awesome
>>
>>342743009
I hope not, I vastly prefer Toon Link to Edgy Link and Trans Link.
>>
>>342742757
Agreed, despite the shitty controls, this game was fun
>best zelda
>train is comfy as hell
>fun dungeons
>one of the more interesting stories for a zelda game
>>
>>342747072
one piece of shit stinks slightly less than the other
>>
I wish stylus controls werent complete ass
>>
>>342742757
Has it's moments, but the train gimmick runs out of it's charm pretty early.
>>
Spirit Tracks would have been great if there wasn't a basic item that is activated by blowing into the mic,

That almost ruins the whole game for me
>>
>>342742757
>anon claims a game is good
>he actually has shit taste
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

No really, the game was fucking dogbarf. What are you, 12?
>>
>>342742757
somehow worse than hourglass
impressive for that reason
>>
I would play a whole game based on driving the train from ST and avoiding other trains
>>
>>342743009
will the faggot grimdark link ever die?
>>
File: sadfsdf.png (130 KB, 320x326) Image search: [Google]
sadfsdf.png
130 KB, 320x326
>>342748908
>dogbarf
>>
File: a-link-between-worlds-4.jpg (65 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
a-link-between-worlds-4.jpg
65 KB, 400x240
>>342742757
I like it better than the newer 3DS game personally, a link between worlds? A link between worlds feels really lazy and too easy, it might be because I am comparing it more to a link to the past because it feels like a lazy rehash to me, like worse than a ROM hack.
>>
>>342743491
I bet you enjoy playing sticks in Splatoon, faggot.
>>
File: 1465009598706.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465009598706.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>342748729
*runs out of STEAM. eyyyyyy
>>
>>342742757
It was good but it wasn't phantom hourglass good.
>>
>>342745839
>yfw 2 of them pincer you
>>
>>342748818
>being so unhealthy you can't even blow breath without getting tired
>>
>>342753083
>going all "Pfffffffft" to proceed
Great fucking gameplay.
>>
I actually fucking enjoyed Phanton Hourglass
>>
>>342742757
I enjoyed both of the DS games and I wasn't sure if anyone else did.

I mean you'll hear people say they liked Spirit Tracks but I hardly hear anyone say they liked Phantom Hourglass outside of liking Linebeck.
>>
>>342754826
You can't blow normally? You don't need to "Pffft" to procced.
>>
>>342743657
lol you brought it up faggot
>>
>>342754919
Me too I thought it made a good go of chaning shit while keeping the same general zelda vibe
>>
>>342754919
Me too. I actually preferred the boat to the train because you weren't limited to tracks and didn't have to worry about overshooting the goddamned station.
>>
>>342743657
I'm super liberal and don't agree with pol on most things. That said, shut up retard
>>
>>342742757
no that game is shit. All DS games are shit.
>>
Spirit Tracks Zelda>>>> all other Zeldas
>>
>>342754826
>Blowing a raspberry when all it requires is a soft, silent puff
Are you a retard
>>
>>342755363
>Linebeck will never appear in any Zelda game ever again
Drat
>>
>people hate PHourglass

The controls were silly and it had other problems, but the legit temples were tight and the bosses were all legit. ST improved every department although I wish it had as many dungeons.
>>
>>342742757
Spirit Tracks gets the hate that should instead go to Phantom Hourglass, it's a shame
>>
>>342742757
>spirit tracks
>anything other than a massive chore

Explain yourself you contrarian
>>
>ds zelda music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUzpYaxNIc
>>
>>342762003
But it sounds fine? I like how they remaked ALTTP's cave song.
>>
>>342762003
DELETE THIS
>>
>>342746086
Everything that was wrong with ST.

>touch only controls. You can hold L to quick equip and that's about it
>every dungeon feels like 2-3 giant rooms, one per floor
>nearly zero exploration, you might have a hidden island or two but that's it. ST is even worse since you're literally railroaded
>heart containers instead of pieces
>nearly every puzzle is "write this on a map and use it later"
>combat with the sword involves tapping on enemies over and over, and maybe drawing circles around Link
>bland, forgettable music. Each game's overworld theme while traveling is nice, but everything else is really repetitive

>>342747072
PH is a piece of shit that smells slightly less worse than ST.
>>
>>342762261
>5 second loop
>every dungeon in the game has it
>>
I'm playing Link's Awakening DX right now.

Is it just an ALttP-light or what?
>>
File: a fucking demon train.png (426 KB, 773x589) Image search: [Google]
a fucking demon train.png
426 KB, 773x589
>a fucking demon train

Look how unthreatening this thing looks.
>>
>>342762690
Most Zelda games are just lesser remakes of aLttP.
>>
File: the job.jpg (138 KB, 1500x1106) Image search: [Google]
the job.jpg
138 KB, 1500x1106
>>342762698
>>
>>342762542
Zelda 1 and Link's Awakening had the dungeon music being very short and used in every dungeon. There's also others Zelda games that had long dungeon music, but still being used in every dungeon.

I don't get your point.
>>
>>342743657
This person is correct.

>>342744882
>>342757603
>>342758297
These are teenagers.
>>
>>342763532
Zelda 1's music was at least good, PH's is barely even music, it's more just a quiet repetitive beat.

Also Link's Awakening had different music in each dungeon
>>
>>342742757
Game is okay, train parts are not.
>>
I literally couldn't finish it because the game refused to give me correct inputs in one of the pan flute blowing parts.
>>
>>342763715
>PH's is barely even music
NES's soundfont was literally just bits noises put together. How can you say PH's music was barely music?

>it's more just a quiet repetitive beat.
And Zelda 1 music isn't?
>>
>>342764421
Did you even listen to that video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUzpYaxNIc here it is again

It's so quiet and faint that it's basically not even there.
>>
>>342743657
>>342763646
Samefag
>>
>>342764912
Yeah, right. It's so quiet and faint, that it perfectly fits in a silent peacefulness full of danger dungeon or cave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsRw8SAn1J8
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mnPPOgf000

This justifies Spirit Tracks' existence easily.
>>
>>342765405
Even that theme is more varied than

>do....do-dodo...do...doDODO

for about half the fucking game. Not to mention you're in caves are less than the dungeons.
>>
>>342766206
you're in the caves less than the dungeons in LttP, i mean
>>
>>342742757
I liked both Zeldas on the DS a lot but never finished them because it was horrible to play on the emulator.
Cant beat that shit outta a stylus.
>>
>>342767054
The ds zeldas are the worst but there's some mod for the roms that lets you use buttons.

They're still very basic Zeldas, however. The time between TP and LBW was a dark time for the series.
>>
I'll defend the touch controls by saying that 3D, non grid top view movement with a D-Pad would feel like garbage. Playing the PH D-Pad hack basically supports this.
>>
>>342767191
>there's some mod for the roms that lets you use buttons

Thats the first I hear about that. Gonna check that out then.
Honestly I cant say why I liked those games, I just remember having a really comfy time playing them even if it was harder without a stylus.
>>
>>342767191
>stylus controls were bad

Way to see someone who never played on a DS. A traditional scheme would have worked fine but the stylus controls also worked.
>>
File: frisk laughing.jpg (46 KB, 680x452) Image search: [Google]
frisk laughing.jpg
46 KB, 680x452
>mfw the same thing happened to me with mighty no 9
>>
>>342742757
>Game has a few good aspects, in an otherwise boring game.
>Those few good aspect just happen to pander directly to a particular player's peculiar tastes.
>"IT'S GREAT, I SWEAR. MUH GHOST PRINCESS WAIFU HOLDING HANDS"
>>
>>342765468
Spirit Tracks had fucking excellent music.
>>
>>342747072
I don't. PH was a tad slight on the content, but what it had was well enough. At least you could sail any direction you wanted.
>>
>>342768075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk_xjIFlfZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N21htq8lXQ
>>
>>342767623
I will admit that PH was passable, but that was only because it was a new control scheme. Trying to play it again after so many years isn't fun. They should have went in a different direction with the next game, and spirit tracks would have been better without the spirit flute

>>342767704
I didn't say it was bad in that post. I just said there was a button mod.

Also, tapping on an enemy until they die isn't fun
>>
>>342743205
Fuck off you nigger loving faggot
>>
>>342768209
Yeah, yeah that's the good shit right there. I have replayed the final boss battle multiple times just to get to the final panflute segment.

Try this one on for size, bad boy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyafoDger5k
>>
How were you supposed to know that blowing the whistle sped you up at the final area?
>>
>>342768826
it did?
>>
File: Linebeck.png (668 KB, 936x1536) Image search: [Google]
Linebeck.png
668 KB, 936x1536
>>342762003
>DS Zelda Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N21htq8lXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewWTyCvJh9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnXJjyLcwN8
>>
>>342769461
When you grabbed some light tear that is.
>>
>>342768826
Because your fucking whistle sparkles whenever you get one of those things.
>>
File: Mario_&_Luigi_Dream_Team_Bros.jpg (319 KB, 733x658) Image search: [Google]
Mario_&_Luigi_Dream_Team_Bros.jpg
319 KB, 733x658
>>342742757
The best M&L game DESU.
>>
Killer is Dead
>>
>>342744592
Oracels are the best zeldas period, scrublord
>>
>>342770885
>ages
>one of the best zeldas
>>
>>342771602
Ages comes 2nd in my list of Zeldas, right behind LA. I think it has the best dungeons out of any game in the series.
>>
>>342771771
I have a couple reasons as to why i think seasons is a far better game

>Crown dungeon sucks
>everything after it sucks until you get to the Ancient Tomb

Jabu-Jabu Ages is the worst dungeon in the series. I'd take the Great Palace anyday.
>>
>>342770653
Mein nigger
>>
>>342772034
I like Seasons more because the overworld feels more organic and tons of areas aren't a chore to explore like Ages. And yeah Ages has a few downright shitty dungeons but all of Seasons are rock solid.
>>
>>342772034
I actually think Jabu Jabu Ages was fucking awesome and the best dungeon in the series. I liked how it wasn't just a hallway of puzzles; navigation was an issue as well as the actual puzzles themselves.
>>
>>342771771
>Actually enjoying the dungeon with the spinners that makes you backtrack through the dungeon two or three times.
>Actually enjoying or even remotely finding Jabu Jabu's Belly tolerable when the Mermaid's Tail requires you to spam the D-Pad to move at all and the dungeon itself takes ages to get through due to water switching, backtracking, and the stupid keys are a pain in the ass to find.
>The one puzzle to get the dungeon item right near the end of the game that is like 50 floor tiles you have to press in the correct order and there's only one or two proper solutions to the thing.
I don't get it. The only thing I really liked in Ages was the scavenger hunt for your stolen items since you had to plan it all out and could unlock shortcuts.
>>
>>342772252
>pretty much all the keys used in one hall
>tap to move thanks to the mermaid suit
>forced to put sword on A despite being used to B the whole game
>water level shit was never fun
>terrible music
>>
>>342772297
Yeah, I liked all of those things. The one thing I hated about Ages was the fucking minigame section with the Gorons; that sucked a lot. I also didn't like how the gates between dungeons had a lot to do with how far you were in the plot rather than how many items you had in comparison to LA; made progression feel a lot less organic. Besides that, though, OoA dungeons epitomize exactly what I think Zelda should be like.
>>
>>342742757
>stuck at the final pan pipes section
>mic is so shit I cannot pass it and finish the game
i-its not like I wanted to finish that dumb game or anything...
>>
>>342742757
ST is really good, but it's understandable that people won't play it after how awful Phantom Hourglass was.
>>
>>342772835
Which is a shame because it has a better control scheme and improved on the "central dungeon" concept.
>>
Off topic but did GookMoot raise the post cooldown to 2 minutes? It's usually 60 seconds but I'm getting more than that now.
>>
>>342772038
I find it surreal that /v/ always sucks BIS' cock despite the game being full of problems and often unpolished, but DT is literally Hitler for some more tutorials than usual and a couple istances of motion controls, when the rest is top notch.
>>
>>342762416
>>every dungeon feels like 2-3 giant rooms, one per floor
explain how this is a bad thing. all it means is there's fewer loading zones between areas.

>nearly zero exploration, you might have a hidden island or two but that's it. ST is even worse since you're literally railroaded
wrong. ST had more than a few optional side areas and even a whole extra dungeon that is completely optional. you have to explore all of the junctions on the railroad in order to find all these extra areas. and there's also the rabbit hunting sidequest which is another reason to explore.

>heart containers instead of pieces
and there's a ton of other collectables to make up for it. there's certainly no shortage of things to collect in the game.

>nearly every puzzle is "write this on a map and use it later"
the fact that you have a thing to draw on right there in the game if you want to isn't a bad thing. it's an optional feature and you can always just not use it and rely on your memory instead if you want.

there's no need to make up blatantly false bullshit in order to add justification for your hating the game. those other valid points you made are enough. why do you need to add lies ontop of it?
>>
>>342772959
For what it's worth, I think the idea of an area you return to over the course of the game several times that gradually unfolds differently and with greater speed as you get more abilities is pretty neat, and ST didn't really have you going to the "same area", since the different portions of the Tower of Spirits were completely separated from each other. I just think PH executed it pretty poorly.
>>
>>342742757
Wouldn't call it great but it is underrated. Emulated I reckon it would reach great provided button hacks are out and you bind the mic to a physical input.

Fun and light-hearted. And the dungeons are pretty excellent.

ALBW is the best Zelda in years though, so handheld Zelda still works.

Triforce Heroes is also brilliant local multiplayer. Never even tried online.
>>
>>342773423
I'm not going to say LBW was bad, or even that it wasn't the best Zelda in years (it was 4 and a half years between ST and it, and 4 and a half is definitely years), but I think the item shop was a really, really bad idea. All of the dungeons in the game felt really simple since all of the puzzles only needed one item, and the game felt like it was getting easier and easier as time went on since you were getting more heart containers but the enemies and puzzles weren't getting the harder. I think completely unrestricted non-linearity is a bad idea for Zelda dungeons. LBW was still good because of the engine and lack of handholding, but we can't forget its problems.
>>
>>342773068
>explain how this is a bad thing
All the other games you have floors with a ton of different rooms. It makes the dungeon feel bigger.

>rabbit hunting sidequest
>someone thought it was a good idea to litter the rails with bomb trains that just make it more of a pain to get around

>drawing on the map is optional
And also what the game is built around. It gets old fast.

>ton of collectables
Like what? I honestly can't remember outside of maybe a different shield and an outfit, in ST
>>
File: 91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg (394 KB, 1500x1372) Image search: [Google]
91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg
394 KB, 1500x1372
>>342742757
>/v/ says game is the best in the franchise
>It actually just an expansion pack
Fuck you /v/
>>
>>342773860
I didn't have any problems with MM reusing the OOT engine and assets; I did have problems with it only having 4 dungeons and the whole concept of a time limit in an action adventure, even if it was ridiculously loose and not even too problematic if it ran out on you. I also think the "sidequests" really weren't that great.
>>
>>342744592

>insulting the Oracles games

yeah fuck you and your onion too mate
>>
Zelda 2 is the best zelda
>>
File: GOTY 1988.jpg (3 MB, 1534x2100) Image search: [Google]
GOTY 1988.jpg
3 MB, 1534x2100
I agree with the op, /v/ has no taste in good games!
>>
>>342774145
I think Z2 is pretty good; it introduced linearity to the Zelda series and combat was pretty fun. With that said, I'm glad they went with the Z1/LTTP style as the core of the series instead of Z2's system.
>>
>>342773693

The collectables in the game include the materials needed for all the different train designs you could get in the game. There's a lot you need to get if you want to 100% clear it. The materials were hidden all over the place, there was even a whole optional dungeon where you could get some very rare materials needed for the gold train.
>>
>>342774820
I honestly completely forgot about that part. Honestly by that point i just wanted the game over with asap
>>
>>342774820
The problem is that there's no reason to touch that. Just date change with Beedle, it's faster, the materials cost next to nothing, and you can farm Regal Rings for rupees. Since they expected you to use the WFC for material trading each game has its own annoying item to get, and that's the point where there's no reason to farm for them outside of Beedle.

Not to mention this is only viable endgame, I had like two pieces during the entire course of the game and had to farm the rest of the trains in postgame, it was insane how much worse it was to get train parts in comparison to ship parts, and you could buy ship parts directly from Beedle in PH.
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.