[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never played a CoD (yes, that happens). Which one is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 51GoMXLtSPL[1].jpg (60 KB, 411x500) Image search: [Google]
51GoMXLtSPL[1].jpg
60 KB, 411x500
I have never played a CoD (yes, that happens). Which one is the best to start with the franchise (Singleplayer, no Multiplayer)? Which ones are to avoid?
>>
>>342736293
everything after world at war is shit. everything before is good.
>>
>>342736293
3 and MW
>>
>>342736689

and World at War is good?
>>
>>342736792
It was the first game with zombies it was pretty fun.
>>
>>342736293
Start with the first
>>342736783
there is nothing wrong with 3
>>
>>342736293
COD4 is praised by many to be the best game of the series and after finishing many old shooters of my backlog I find it shit and boring.

Take that as you will.
>>
none of them. if you want a WW2 shooter then just go play allied assault for SP and RO or RO2 for multiplayer
>>
>>342736918
the people that praise CoD4 praise it for the abortion that was its MP
>>
Cod2 is the only good one desu, 1 is decent too and the expansion.
>>
>>342736293
1 & 2 then you are good senpai
>>
>>342736792
i like it but 2 is way better
>>
>>342736293
anything that came out after modern warfare 2

people on here will shit on the modern warfare series but its just mindless action fun that doesnt take itself too seriously
>>
To be honest the singleplayer is crap. If you're not gonna play MP then you might as well spend your time doing something more interesting.
>>
>>342736293
Play 2, mw1, waw and the blops games
>>
they're all basically the same, the only one with any real difference from the rest is CoD1.
>>
Why the fuck would you play this ourdated shit instead of Red Orchestra 2
>>
File: 1411861147693.png (82 KB, 277x260) Image search: [Google]
1411861147693.png
82 KB, 277x260
>>342738148
>>
>>342736293
1 and 2 are pretty good, as are their expansions.
3 is alright.
World at war is good, but not good like the first ones.

If you to choose one and only one I'd say 2 is your best bet.
>>
1 and 2 are great. CoD is one of my favorite shooters of all time.

After that, CoD 4 is cool for what it brought to the table in terms of gameplay, then World at War is nice for being CoD 4 in WW2 setting, but that's it.
Black Ops has a somewhat nice story, but all the CoD games after WaW were pretty generic action shit.
Not that the first few weren't, but they were novel at the time of release and had a more serious tone, not being marketed for the highschool xbox live crowd.
>>
2, WaW, and BO1 are the best campaigns.

1 is pretty dated never played UO but everyone gushes over it, 3 is skippable if you played 2 but not its bad, 4 is okay but very overrated, MW2 is fun if you look at it in as much as dumb over-the-top action movie as possible, BO2 was decent but the campaign structure was fantastic (choices in a COD game for one thing) MW3 and Ghosts should be avoided at all costs, AW was just passable, and BO3 is barely has anything to do with COD or the BO series at this point.
>>
>>342736293
Play
>pic related
>modern warfare
>black ops 1

Avoid all the rest
>>
Play 1, 2, and 4.

If you want more after that:

For a more brutal WW2: Play World At War
To continue 4's story: Play MW2 and 3 (warning 3 is shit)
To continue WaW's story: Play Black ops 1 and 2
If you want something more generic: Play Ghosts
If you want to start getting futuristic: Play Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 3
>>
Just buy the WW2 bundle, all the games in it are worth playing. I can't speak for any of the games set in modern times or beyond.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.