[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best early party?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: etrian1_1.jpg (160 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
etrian1_1.jpg
160 KB, 640x360
I always have trouble completing these games. Mostly because I fuck around with every single class and measure them against each other.

Right now I'm having the most success with Landsharks and their basic melee attacks or sonic blows 20+ damage. I'm not sure if this is because of Town swords being pretty strong or just their passives. But my Archers are doing like 13 damage to cutters by comparison.
>>
>>342734138
Why do you need the 'best' party? Game is easy peasy.
Tank, healer, dps1, dps2, dps3. Don't fight shit that's too far out of your level range.
>>
>>342735727
Because DPS 1 2 and 3 are doing 1, 2, and 3 damage.
>>
>>342735727
Also since you seem to suck, once you can multi-class make a fortress sub-classed dancer, equip them with a bow and put them in the back row. You win the game.
>>
Early on, Landsharks are your damage dealers, they are great with dancers with sambas for linking, and attack tangos cause damage. Archers kind of suck early but they are source of binds till arcanist. btw, arcanist is a must on your team, they can be status, binder, healer, damage aoe damage sweeper in the form of poison circle or dismiss blasts. They are great. Overall though, the game is easy on team builds so you can go in with sub-optimal teams and still come out on top. Balance your team: survivalabilty, then damage output.
>>
>>342736036

>back row fort
>having tp

how do you manage this?
>>
EO4 is shit. Play EOU2 instead.
>>
>>342734138
just ordered Untold 2 anons.

Story or classic?

in case of classic, any party recommendations?
>>
>>342736347
My initial team was 2 Fortress, Runemaster, Medic, Landshark.

One Fortress would level up taunts, Other would max Ally shield and use regular attacks. Landshark was maxing power break, and Runemaster was Fireball rune. The problem I had was they'd run out of mana and the only source of damage would really be landshark.

Also I hate how the unlockable classes always seem to be 100 times better than defaults. I always try to be a purist and stick to the originals but they're just so much stronger, like androids in 3.
>>
File: 1466653586666.png (116 KB, 388x399) Image search: [Google]
1466653586666.png
116 KB, 388x399
>>342736957
EO2 is the only one I've beaten, the original, not the untold Yuri Lowenthal edition.
>>
>>342736467
Do you not know how taunt works?
>>
How do I beat the true final ultimate secret boss? I weakened it but my party doesnt have the aoe to deal with all the tentacles before the holy chest. Do I have to just remake my party for the first time to beat this guy?
fort, imperial, dancer, medic, arcanist
most of the bosses is stacking damage and defense weakening debuffs and having the imperial go to town with double accel drives with the nightseeker double casts
>>
>>342737295
The main character of the story mode is literal Edgy McEdgemaster, everyone else is the party is alright though.
>>
>>342737737
Taunt won't actually give you 100% aggro. Row actually matters as far as target priority goes. Front row is a big chunk of that
>>
>>342734138
Most cookie cutter party, and what I used first, in my opinion is:
Landshark + Fortress
Medic + Sniper + Runemaster
But most combinations will work if you put a little thought in their skills though.
>>
>>342737458

you dont need two forts really. they suck in damage output even with the attack skills and vengeance bash. They dont have the tp pool to split between attack skills and line and party gaurds either. Get one fort with points into defense skills like the gaurds. You can reset points by resting at the guild shop but you lose 2 levels. Nightseeker and dancer are there to be secondary dps so think about those. I suspect the unlockable classes are better because they want players to mix up their parties once in a while.
>>
File: 20160625_152735.jpg (61 KB, 664x374) Image search: [Google]
20160625_152735.jpg
61 KB, 664x374
FUUUUUUCK!
>>
>>342737737

Not that, doesnt fortress tp recovery proc only at the front lines?
>>
>>342738663

thats what you get for naming them like robots
>>
>>342738858
I usually give them vidya names, but when I'm swapping members often it gets confusing remembering who's doing what, this was an attempt to fix that.
>>
>>342738976

considering one of the landsharks is just Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story, I guess
>>
File: figure-00682308-jpg.jpg (104 KB, 654x800) Image search: [Google]
figure-00682308-jpg.jpg
104 KB, 654x800
best sub for imperial?
>>
>>342740106
Oh shit, this game had figures? That's god tier.
>>
>>342740106

I went nightseeker for the double skill chance. Works good with accel drives getting maybe a 25-50% increase in damage output if it procs but where it really shines is the double cool, impulse, etc edges to super cool your heated weapon. There are better subs I know, but I enjoyed this one
>>
>>342738645
Those elf things are junk support mages but subclass well with medic or hexer. Beast guys are a rubbish shitty version of landshark/highlander. Imperials are ULTRA OP and can kill bosses in one or two hits all on their own.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.