[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought the Stalker trio. Any recommendations? Should I play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (759 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
759 KB, 1920x1200
Just bought the Stalker trio. Any recommendations? Should I play through them vanilla, or are there any necessary mods?
>>
Play vanilla (maybe with patches that fix a few things) then play with mods.

SoC has best atmosphere while CoP is more polished overall. Clear Sky has more problems than SoC or CoP. Play that with patches unless you want laser guided grenades landing at your foot.
>>
File: stalker guide.png (1 MB, 1536x1250) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide.png
1 MB, 1536x1250
>>342727880
i got you familia
>>
File: stalker amk.jpg (635 KB, 1200x1816) Image search: [Google]
stalker amk.jpg
635 KB, 1200x1816
>>342727880
>>342728256
>>
>>342728359
>>342728256

>Stalker is the best!
>You just need a shitton of fucking mods to make it fun! But it's good! I swear!
>>
>>342728454
Vanilla game IS fun. The mods are still there as an option to improve your first playthrough - or freshen up the next ones.
>>
>>342728256
>>342728359
>>342728157
Much appreciated guys. This is my first foray into PC gaming, so I wanted to get some advice. I'd ask /k/, but things have been a little hectic over there.

Thanks again
>>
>>342728756
>>Thanks again

Why would you ask /k/ about stalker?
>>
>>342727880
I just installed Complete mod when first playing it, improves a few things about the game and doesn't change the models that much while improving how it looks, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>342729041
DON'T LISTEN TO THIS GUY
>>
>>342729041
>Complete mod

If this is not balant bait you dun goofd.
>>
>>342729149
I'm that guy, honestly asking, what's wrong with the complete mod in your opinion?
>>
>>342728915
Comfy Stalker threads pop up there occasionally. People talk about experiences, things they've seen, feels they've had. Sorta like innawoods campfire talk.

They're fans. Been awhile since I've seen one though, and with all the crazy stuff going on, it wouldn't feel right to start up a Stalker thread out of nowhere.
>>
>>342729350
makes the game way too easy
>>
>>342729239
Not trolling, what's wrong with it and what would you recommend? I might replay the game.
>>
>>342729527
see
>>342728256
>>342728359
>>
>>342728454
>said no one
>>
File: shitpostingcat.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
shitpostingcat.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>342728454
It all depends on YOU. IF you don't find Vanilla fun, go for the mods. IF you are having a blast in Vanilla, might want to spice things up next playthrough with mods.
No need to be sucking cocks all of the sudden, friend.
>>
>>342727880
Don't listen to the cucks that say Clear Sky isn't any good.

It's the best in the whole series. Shit, it's actually a prequel to Shadow of Chernobyl so you can even play it first.

The Hunting Shotgun is very satisfying for a first gun and try to get a Beretta as a pistol and upgrade it ASAP for smooth as butter pistol shooting.
>>
>>342729527
It is an outdated piece of junk which breaks AI and makes the whole game a walk in the park.
I recommend you try OGSE for a replay, there's a standalone version on moddb which doesn't even require the base game, just install and play.
>>
>>342727880
Play with nothing but community fixes (you dont even really need em except for CS) and then search the /vg/ general for mods that appeal to you

And Clear Sky IS good just really buggy
>>
>>342727880
Nah, there fine as they are. I guess Steam versions come with the latest patches so each one should be playable on a get go.

You should play them in release order, I think. Not that they are story related much (though you get some nods and references here and there) but both games after SoC have some mechanics\improvements added and thus it'll be more fun to follow the series progression.

THere are plenty of cool mods for each game. Maybe you can find most of them on Steam Workshop but I'm not sure - I've used to get these from gaming magazines' CD\DVDs back in the day and not following any PC gaming community for, like, 7 or so years.

Now, you can also find some interesting shit on the net, like alpha builds of the original game or an old footage. I don't know if most people outside of Russia and other CIS shitholes know it but the original Stalker game had a pretty rough development history. There were a shit ton of features developers talked about back in 2002, 2003 and 2004, and even showed some of 'em to the public. Alas, it was more than they could handle. Seemless world was cut into fragments, vehicles were removed completely and then there is something like a world simulation with monsters and NPCs living their lives, fighting and dying without you noticing.

Too bad my DVD drive is busted. I have alot of CDs and DVDs that came bundled with Russian gaming magazines dating back to 2002. I'm sure there's something Stalker-related out there.
>>
>>342730278
>Steam versions come with the latest patches
So are GOG. Just saying.
>>
Install only graphical mods, sound overhaul and maybe some retextured weapons, don't bother with complete or misery, both are shit, misery is no fun allowed: the game while complete adds a lot of pointless bullshit that the author considers "essential" to the game, like upping your weight limit to 200, removing the knife's instakill-EVERYTHING secondary attack, giving the AI perfect aim and grenades that home in on you and a more frustrating hunger/radiation/bleed system.
>>
>>342729937
>Don't listen to the cucks that say Clear Sky isn't any good.

I never got this. STALKER always had great combat and clear sky is full of combat. Maybe it's the horrible bugs and crashes.
>>
>>342729941
Alright thanks, thing is I don't know how bad the AI is in the vanilla game and the mod changes it completely from what I read, also, something about using vehicles? - Mini game with quest characters.

I might just install graphicall and bug fixing mods.
>>
>>342730025
>>342730278
Ah, so the community fixes are already installed if I bought them through Steam? That's solid, thanks. I'm a bit shaky on installing things manually, but the guides posted look really helpful.

Knowing how and why things develop makes me feel closer to whatever I'm playing/reading/watching, so I appreciate that extra info.
>>
File: 1460845298232.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1460845298232.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>342730880
people were upset about weapon accuracy. To be fair it sucks ass in vanilla. I just installed an accuracy mod along with atmosfear and AO and went on my way.

It's a comfy game and people should definitely play it.
>>
>>342731075
No Steam versions only have the official patches installed which are fine for SoC and CoP. For CS you will need something like Sky Reclamation Project
>>
>>342731279
I never understood the accuracy complaints tbqh, sure the starting pistol and aku suck dick but you quickly can upgrade
>>
>>342728256
this.
>>
>>342731430
Because they never played it beyond the overpass.
>>
>>342731430
I got really fed up in Yantar when you had to cover the teams starting up the coolers. I didn't understand crouching made you more accurate then but I was still able to get through it. Just ended up wasting all of my ammo on zombies too so I was fucked with that ambush in the red forest.
>>
>tfw loot the entire starter zone to sell everything and buy the tunder from sid plus some military medkits
>weapon gets outclassed by at least 3 hidden weapons and one that soldiers carry in the next zone

At least the ammo is common
>>
>>342731302
Will do, thanks.

>>342731279
>It's a comfy game and people should definitely play it

That's what I'm looking for. Went through 2033 again recently, and got a comfy craving. When I saw the Stalker trio on sale, I knew what had to be done
>>
File: back to Sidorovich.jpg (76 KB, 531x419) Image search: [Google]
back to Sidorovich.jpg
76 KB, 531x419
>>342731430
>mfw babbys didn't bumrush the military at the bridge and took their AK74

That's always the first thing I do once I get out of the bunker
>>
Why does stalker give me a better feeling of progression than most rpgs these days?
>>
What does /v/ think of Bandit Radio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU
>>
>>342730880
It's TOO full of combat. You have massive firefights all over the place - and monolith help you if you get involved in the faction wars. Also, that fucking ending and everything leading up to it. Goddamn.
That said, it's still worth playing.
>>
how many endings are there to SoC? i got the greed one
>>
PC """"gamers"""" are truly pathetic. If a game doesn't have good GRAPHIXX or has a few glitches = it's unplayable. Thank god I'm not a pitiful closed minded elitist.
>>
>>342731976
Give ZRP a try too, I played SoC completely vanilla on last patch with not a single problem but having bug fixes is never bad. Not sure about CoP but again it was completely fine vanilla for me
>>342732071
Kek that's what I always do, took 20 trues when I just picked up the game and was used to babyshit shooters
>>
>>342732293
Except these glitches can potentially corrupt your save or just leave you with an empty inventory.
>>
>>342732272
A couple at the wish granter, another 2 past it and one of those 2 is the canon one
>>
>>342732293
honestly I work with the games even they're a buggy mess and running the games on medium graphics.I honestly don't see why a game needs to look perfect as long as you're having fun. You're also contributing to the problem of these shitty console superiority threads.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.