[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong? I couldn't even finish the main quest,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17
File: fallout-4.png (628 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4.png
628 KB, 765x497
what went wrong?

I couldn't even finish the main quest, it was fucking terribly boring
>>
>>342727376

Waaaaaaaay too much hype
>>
>>342727376

Same thing here, man. Current quest is to get into the Institute, but I just cba. Bought Far Harbor, played it for 3 hours then deleted it. Loot Simulator 2016.
>>
Story sucks

Combats fun
>>
I didn't finish any of the faction questlines either except the Minutemen which was 3 quests long. It's garbage in every way, and it would take too long for me to point out every single issue I had with it. I even played Skyrim extensively despite all its flaws but this is just unplayable trash.
>>
waited until most the DLC was out, got it on PC, added some quality of life/enhancement mods like darker nights

Really enjoying it, mostly avoiding the main storyline. Palling around with Ada my robo-bff and #1 girl right now building settlements and killing synths
>>
>>342727376
Bethesda cannot into Post Apocalyptic Survival
>>
>>342727826
>>342727931
>>342727985
I dunno about you guys but it just got shitty and boring after a while. Everything seemed just like go here, kill this, talk to him, take this over there. I don't even give a fuck about the factions, it's just standard Androids are Humans/Not Humans garbage.

Literally just felt like a cash in expansion, could have easily been Fallout 3: New Boston
>>
>>342727376
>Bethesda

What did you expect, they literally give you late game armor and weapons, make you face a late game enemy at the very beginning of the game to look all Kewl and FUN xDD
>>
File: Screen Shot8.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screen Shot8.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>342728153
I played it at release on console and that's how I felt but I'm enjoying myself on pc

If it's not to your tastes then whatever I guess, I'm not going to try and convert you.
>>
>little brother gave me F4 for christmas
>still rotting on my shelf, never been opened

Should I do it /v/?
>>
They are trying too hard to make game everyone likes. Streamlined garbage. Skyrim was made for stupid people, but F4 is just full retard mode game
>>
>>342728240
>late game this late game that

the designer decides what is late game, not you

>t-things must follow a certain structure!! they can't go outside the normal structure!!

yes, I understand you are not neuronormative.
>>
>>342728289
Don't, you'll feel even worse
>>
>>342728289
if it's the console version I wouldn't bother
>>
The dialogue wheel along pushed it over the edge.
Everything else about Fallout 4 is shitty and bland, but add to that a gimped dialogue system and it's a lost cause.
>>
nothing. aside from all the bugs which you can mod out in 2 seconds, i loved every minute of this game. call me shill if you want but i liked fallout 4 as much as the others.
>>
>>342728289
What's the other option, if you're not gonna play it?
>>
>>342728348
>the designer decides what is late game, not you

Power armor and heavy weaponry like Miniguns are stable end game fallout weaponry

>>t-things must follow a certain structure!! they can't go outside the normal structure!!

If you're going to have a game to appeal to 12 years old with ADHD then make the whole game a fuckfest, not just the beginning
>>
>>342728483
>i loved every minute of this game

I don't wanna shit on your taste, but what's fun about forced fetch quests ? I'm genuinely asking, not Obsidroning nor being a sarcastic fuck
>>
>>342728591
*staple
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15 KB, 253x117) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15 KB, 253x117
Got to the point where I was supposed to pick a faction to side with and just completely lost interest. Haven't felt like playing since. I figure I'll get some mods and play it again eventually.
>>
>>342728805
you can just not do those quests

I loved the whole automata quest line

>hear distress signal from a caravan
>go check it out
>bunch of robots fighting each other
>only survivor is a qtbot
>says she wants to go revengeance on someone's ass for killing her friends
>asks if I want to come on a robot killing spree with her

Fuck yes I've never wanted to do anything more than that.
>>
>>342728289
Let it collect dust and leave the contents to your imagination. It's better that way.
>>
>>342728805
was interested enough in the story to not care, needed scrap for weapon upgrades, needed caps, wanted more xp. i guess i was immersed enough to not mind them
>>
File: fallout3 redux reply counter.png (214 KB, 1544x856) Image search: [Google]
fallout3 redux reply counter.png
214 KB, 1544x856
>>342727376
If it were Skyrim with guns, it probably would have turned out better.

Instead you had Bethesda's technical and literary incompetence going full blast with nobody to talk sense into them.
>>
>exploring the boston wasteland with french cutie robot gf
only redeeming thing about the game.
>>
>>342727376
>the casual market doesn' t need effort put in it' s video games. As long as the game is "new", they' ll buy every shit
>>
>>342729028
>you can just not do those quests
Last time I checked you can't say no
>I loved the whole automata quest line
I agree, it's pretty fun

>was interested enough in the story to not care
The story is garbage though
>needed scrap for weapon upgrades, needed caps, wanted more xp. i guess i was immersed enough to not mind them

Oh, so the appeal of 4 is the scavenge to craft to scavenge to craft to scavenge to craft
cool, still don't know how is that considered fun
>>
>>342728153
Its the mass effect 3 endings turned into factions. They all go to the same place in the end.
>>
>>342729486
I thought so too, at least until her three combat related lines became unbearable to listen to

"Though dangerous, combat is quite vigorous exercise."

Every. Fucking. Time.
I hate her now.
>>
File: 379ch.gif (721 KB, 446x251) Image search: [Google]
379ch.gif
721 KB, 446x251
why do people like skyrim and fallout, games are boring af. BOTH games I installed for a full day, play it the next day for 2-4 hours then fall asleep. Shit is literally runescape in first person, I can't play these shit games
>>
>>342729938
I'll skip this b8
>>
>>342727376

The entire plot and dialogue forcing you to be a "good" guy in conversation. You're a jerk at best and can't be the unrepentant monster you could in previous games.
>>
I find it bizarre that Beth decided to use not-Replicants and Bladerunner for the basis of FO4 while at the same time enforcing a strict 50's only rule to the setting. It just doesn't fit.

Beth absolutely hates any Fallout elements from the 80's and 90's and yet bases their entire plot and setting on these elements while erasing all other influences from these time periods because they aren't the 50's.
>>
>>342727376
They made modding harder than it needs to be.

Oh and the guy who came up with infinite radiant quests can die in a fire.
>>
>>342729486
>posted on /tesg/ , /fog/ , and now /v/

fuck off with that shit character
>>
Bethesda doesn't understand what people liked about Fallout
>>
>>342730271
i don't go to /vg/
curie is the best female companion though.
>>
>>342727376
I have yet to beat the main quests in Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout3/4, as well as NV.
>>
>>342729028

The best thing about Automatron is objectively the robot workshop. Building an unstoppable metal companion is an amazing experience.
>>
>>342729938
you need creativity and the ability to roleplay.
you have to take it all in and enjoy the journey.
if you just do dungeon after dungeon for better loot and EXP then yes... they are kinda meh.
also it's nothing like runescape.
>>
>SARCASTIC
>>
>>342730609
I'm just happy I got a robo buddy that doesn't judge me like all the other companions
>>
>>342730667
HATE NEWSPAPER
>>
>>342730814

Me too. I can rip someone's head off and feast on their entrails and my assaultron with buzzsaw arms will just be standing there watching my back.
>>
>>342730103
The weird thing is that Fallout 4 doesn't even feel 50s any more. They through in a whole bunch of random things that don't really fit together thematically (like the prohibition era gangsters and synths)
>>
I keep trying to relay this game and I keep getting bored and quitting. It's so linear up until about halfway through and then you get faction quests which are just "kill the other faction." Far Harbor was fun though because it let me kill 2 out of the 3 factions and I got a weapon that does over 1000 damage. Also I got to nuke the childeren of atom
>>
>>342727376

Are there mods like Defeat yet?
>>
>>342728240
>t-45 power armor with limited fusion core
>unmodified minigun with limited ammo
>"late game armor and weapons"

Holy shit the casual in this thread.
>>
>>342730991
I've never played 4, how central are synths to the story? I only remember that one quest in 3 that mentioned them and the institute.
>>
>>342727376

The weak point of every Bethesda RPG is the main story. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim all suffer from this. In each of them you have more fun completely disregarding the story and just doing whatever.
>>
File: 1466007943832.png (143 KB, 398x384) Image search: [Google]
1466007943832.png
143 KB, 398x384
>>342728483
Me too
>>
>>342727376
Dialogue was awful I never knew how he would respond and leveling is pure shit give me FNv skills and perks and dialogue
>>
Thing that got me through was roleplaying. Game was a thousand times more enjoyable when i
could make my own stories, seeing as the ones already in the game were rather bland.
>>
>>342731375
>F4IDF claiming others are casual

OH THE IRONY

>"late game armor and weapons"
By previous fallout standards and lore, I don't care about your WaaaAAaAAaAAaCKY lore breaking DUDE POWER TRIP LMAO bullshit
>>
DUDE

YOU GOTTA NUKE BOSTON TO SAVE IT

CAUSE NUKES LMAO
>>
>>342730991

Post apocalyptic gangsters makes about as much sense as post apocalyptic Roman legionaires. Actually it makes more sense than post apocalyptic legionaires.
>>
>>342731707
no you don't
>>
>>342731876
Tell me which ending I need to get in order to avoid nuking Boston.
>>
>>342731969
just don't do it
>>
>>342731969

Institute Ending. The evil guys are the only ones who don't bomb the city.
>>
>>342730991
Yes but prohibition gangsters is still enforcing the 50's or before rules they set out.

I mean fuck, the "assault rifle" is a WW1 machine gun. Again, enforcing the 50's or before rule.
>>
>>342732105
I'm pretty sure blowing the up the airship resulting in a fucking gigantic explosion while using a nuke-tossing robot counts as nuking Boston.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>>342731625
>i know nothing about the game but spew shit constantly while hoping no one corrects me

Okay faggot. You got one set of T-45 Power Armor on a limited use Fusion Core. When the core is empty your Power Armor is done, so it's not like you're in that thing for the rest of the game anyhow.

Next, that T-45 is important to note. It's the absolute weakest of all the Power Armors (of which there are several, and that's not exclusive to FO4). Hell, even for T-45 there's the T-45b, T-45c, et cetera all the way down to f. But yours? Barely even Power Armor. You're the asshole using a copper sword while everyone else has steel. But hey, "late game armor" huh?

After the T-45 is the T-51, then the T-60 then the X-01, all with their own a-f upgrades. And even beyond that is the Legendary pieces you can find, AND upgrades on top of that. Jet Packs, Recon Sensors, Reactive Plates, Tesla Bracers, Overdrive Servos, and so on.

But you have a rusted suit of T-45a Power Armor and a half of a fusion core. "Late game armor." Ring a fucking ding ding you casual piece of shit.
>>
>>342729486
>says it named the pic "ScreenShot0.png"
>it's actually named "377160_screenshots_201606"

When did video games become so shit?
>>
>>342732310

Yeah, but the only affected area was the Airport. The Institute being blown up in Boston's center is a fair bit worse.
>>
>>342729486
>player creates a Synth girl to fuck
>dresses her in Brotherhood of Steel uniform

Sacrilege. You need some ad victoriam in your life, brother.
>>
File: Alex 1.jpg (1 MB, 1201x1800) Image search: [Google]
Alex 1.jpg
1 MB, 1201x1800
>>342727376
Load screens for everything.

Not a single interesting quest.

Fighting the same small group of enemy types the entire game.

Zero role-playing or real consequences for any of your actions.

Terrible dialogue system that further hinders the already extremely shallow role-playing and story.
>>
>>342733097
>being a consolefag
>>
>>342732312
>When the core is empty your Power Armor is done
The armor should run on that core for 200 years, not 200 seconds
>so it's not like you're in that thing for the rest of the game
That's exactly what I said, make the whole game an ADHD sim, not just the beginning and late

>of which there are several, and that's not exclusive to FO4
T-45 is the third strongest one in NV and 3, unlike F4 in which it's bottom tier
> Hell, even for T-45 there's the T-45b, T-45c, et cetera all the way down to f. But yours? Barely even Power Armor. You're the asshole using a copper sword while everyone else has steel. But hey, "late game armor" huh?

Again, for people that played the previous games it's iconic late-game armor, and it's not my fault bethesda decided to create a trillion unnecessary tacticool variant for each armor

And it being late game or not is not my point, my point is that like very player that is gonna play this game they're gonna think that they were given endgame tools, which is gonna burn out the original Fallout fans, and attract pre-pubescent edgelord kids with a 2 second attention span

Prime example of shitty game design
>>
>>342727376
exactly this. i dont even get to thinking of the game's flaws, it's just boring as fuck. feels so shallow
>>
WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS
>>
>>342727376
Wow its not like we had this thread 3 times a day since the game came out or something ....

FO4 is New Vegas but targeted to 9 years olds and with better graphics
>>
The game is really just not that good.
The story sucks and your choices are even worse. It gets a little better in far harbor but its still not great. The rest of the game just feels shallow to me. From the leveling system to the world design. Weapons customizations are pretty much one path and there is almost no real choice of "builds". It shows many areas of just laziness like the settlement building being broken and very limited and problems with lore.
Really the saving grace of this game is mods. People love their fucking mods and will keep playing for that reason. they were "smart" with bringing mods to consoles. The problem is that the community around console mods is absolutely terrible. But the actual of bringing mods to this series of games that people will play for years on end with mods. to consoles is a good idea and would work with better community. Now they just need to make a good game
>>
>>342728460
I don't know, I look at it this way. Dialogue in Bethesda games hasn't been worth the trouble of listening to it at all since after Oblivion. This way you can just mash X through everything instead of paying attention.
>>
>>342733425
>The armor should run on that core for 200 years, not 200 seconds
Given the core is 200 years old, those 200 seconds are the end of its cycle.

>T-45 is the third strongest one in NV and 3, unlike F4 in which it's bottom tier
Which doesn't change the fact that you classified the absolute weakest unmodified piece of shit armor as "late-game." The error is yours.

>Again, for people that blah blah blah "I refuse to play the game and learn what different things mean, I just assume that the universe has not grown or changed over the decades!"
Again, that's on you.
>>
I like the settlement aspect and with survival mode it makes it very key.

I hate the fucking stories. Many of the quests are just go here, kill this, take that which is very unrewarded.

Feels like fo3 had more overlapping quests that effected each other.

I hate how broken settlements were at release and Bethesda just released shit that makes it work and charges for it
>>
>>342734186
>Given the core is 200 years old, those 200 seconds are the end of its cycle.

If it was used, but they're all factory new looking :^)

Which doesn't change the fact that you classified the absolute weakest unmodified piece of shit armor as "late-game." The error is yours.
But i'm just a random guy that bought F4 after liking NV and 3, am I supposed to be an omniscient creature that knows the fulls list of everything this game is gonna offer ?

>Again, for people that blah blah blah "I refuse to play the game and learn what different things mean, I just assume that the universe has not grown or changed over the decades!"
That's not my point, my point is if you gonna completely change the old formula, then make it subtle and dynamic, not just throwing shit right into your face at the very beginning
>>
>>342734668
>If it was used, but they're all factory new looking :^)
And coming straight from 200 year old generators that depower when you take them, suggesting they were running continuously since then.

>But i'm just a random guy that bought F4 after liking NV and 3, am I supposed to be an omniscient creature that knows the fulls list of everything this game is gonna offer ?
Yes, you're supposed to play the game before denouncing it in ignorance. Honestly, who else's fault is it that not only did you not play beyond the bare minimum to find out you were wrong, you didn't even bother checking before spouting off? In what world is it Bethesda's fault that you're a faggot with no impulse control?

>That's not my point, my point is if you gonna completely change the old formula, then make it subtle and dynamic, not just throwing shit right into your face at the very beginning
So... changing the T-45 from the third weakest to the fourth is "completely changing the formula?"

The real question is why does every argument with you anti-FO4 people always end up with you spouting non-problems and stupid shit like this? "I didn't play the game so I didn't know my claims were wrong, but I see no reason to stop complaining wrongly."
>>
>>342734668
>if it was used
Not him, but the one you're talking about you find in a fucking active generator behind a locked door.

How the fuck is that not used.
>>
>>342734186
Not the guy you're talking to, but I think what he's trying to express has nothing to do with whether the power armour is late game or not, the point is, is that to the player who recognizes the armour as a late game item from the other fallout games will feel ridiculously over powered withen the first hour of playing F4 when they should feel weak and powerless, scrounging to survive in the wake of the post apocalypse.
Instead it feels like they give you one of the best gear sets in the game right from the get go.
It doesn't matter that you have 10 other sets after that that get even better, the point is that the game makes you feel powerful too early and because of that the player is left with little incentive to press forward.
>>
>>342727376
I really liked it but I seem to be the only one. Found it extremely comfy.
>>
>>342735546
How does it leave no incentive? You've gotten a small taste of the power you could have in a fully functioning power armor suit instead of the rusty piece of shit you're in.

Shouldn't that logically make you want to find the better ones?
>>
>>342735546
It might initially feel that way, yes. You suddenly have Power Armor, a minigun and you just took down a Deathclaw!

But reality sets in almost immediately afterward as you should've intuitively realized your limitations. That fight left chunks of your gear damaged and non-functioning (almost always the leg, since it was near broken at the outset). Further, your Fusion Core was barely charged before the fight and now you've only got a couple minutes left. You can't keep using the Power Armor even if you wanted to. Your minigun is virtually out of ammo and there's not anywhere nearby giving 5mm ammo in enough abundance to keep using it.

No, you got a taste of mid game. That's it. You can't sustain it, and it didn't trivialize the content going forward.
>>
>>342735565
>Comfy
Get out
>>
>>342736174
Literally what this guy said. The autist bitching is a huge faggot.
>>
>>342735565
You're not alone. A good rule of thumb is that the more hate threads a game gets, the larger the silent majority on /v/ enjoys a game.

Most just don't speak up because they get drawn into stupid as fuck arguments like in this thread. "T-45 is too powerful, it broke the game!"
>>
>>342736370
That's a pretty stupid way of thinking. Did someone shit on your favorite game?
>>
>>342735820
Not for me, because that rusty piece of shit was one of the best sets of gear in literally every other fallout, and you never got it without playing for several hours.
Getting that power armour with a minigun to fight a deathclaw just felt too soon. That was stuff I was hoping to actually work for. I wanted the experience of doing everything I could to just not die for at least 10 hours, that way, when i finally get my first suit of power armour, it felt like an actual reward i worked hard for, instead of a pallet swap for 20 other sets of armour.
It just ruined the feel of power armour that I got in the other games. Feels like i should put it on and never take it off when It shoulda been one of the last things I ever saw in f4.
>>
>>342735565
>Comfy
>had no song radio stations, just a classical one and some junky talking
>walking through cities, constantly getting attacked by super mutants, raiders, or mutated animals
How
>>
>>342736538
The city was cool, but that's it for me
>>
File: SUMMER.png (3 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
SUMMER.png
3 MB, 1600x1200
>>342736490
>/v/ doesn't shit on the popular!
>>
>>342736747
>summer meme
>ur just a bunch of contrarians
Kill yourself Newfag
>>
>>342728289
It's a gift from your lil bro. What kind of an ungrateful fuck are you?
>>
>>342728289
Play it so he's not sad
>>
>>342727376
Not being made by any of the original Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 developers.
>>
>>342736515
>in literally every other fallout, and you never got it without playing for several hours
In every other game you kept using that armor after you got it, even in the ones where it was still pretty shitty. Hell, the T-45 in FO4 is MUCH stronger than it was in New Vegas. But in New Vegas you never had to take it off.

In Fallout 4, you shouldn't even think of Power Armor as armor. They're not built or intended to be used as such in this game. They're used in small bursts for overcoming challenges.

>Feels like i should put it on and never take it off when It shoulda been one of the last things I ever saw in f4.

See? Exactly what I'm talking about. You have this mistaken notion that you get to equip it and never remove it, and that's just not how the game works.
>>
>>342736174
I dont know, to be honest this thread kinda makes me wanna go back and try it again, but im worried ill just return to the feeling that theres no point to doing anything.
I know my character will end up as jack of all trades eventually, and the only way i can stop that is by not expierencing content which will probably break the game balance in some manner.
Knowing theres 20 different power armour types makes them seem less important or special. Makes me not care about getting them.
I don't know /v/, F4 just felt so boring.
>>
>>342727376
It's an okay game. I play it when I am bored. I prefer the elder scrolls games honestly. I am enjoying cleansing the waste land though as the brotherhood of steel.
>>
>>342737089
>In every other game you kept using that armor after you got it, even in the ones where it was still pretty shitty. Hell, the T-45 in FO4 is MUCH stronger than it was in New Vegas. But in New Vegas you never had to take it off.
>In Fallout 4, you shouldn't even think of Power Armor as armor. They're not built or intended to be used as such in this game. They're used in small bursts for overcoming challenges.

It was balanced, not just a final tool before ragequitting and actually felt like a suit of armor, not a vehicle
>>
T-60 Power Armor is the worst cover armor, followed by T-45
>>
>>342737089
Fuck it, i think ill pop it in again.
If the threads still up when i get back Ill post again.
>>
>>342737331
In the other Fallouts? Yeah. But I don't blame Fallout 4 for the new direction. Turning Power Armor into a limited use vehicle is the sort of new direction and fresh take that you want your developers to be willing to try. Hit or miss, at least it was fresh.

And ultimately, I like it more this way. I like how distinct Power Armor, even the T-45 is from just heavy Combat Armor. I also like modifying it with different upgrades and paint jobs.

It's stupid, but there's something really charming about painting a Vault Blue Power Armor.
>>
File: Vault 111 representin.jpg (769 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vault 111 representin.jpg
769 KB, 1920x1080
>>342737630
>>
I want to go to the Fallout universe's Memphis, Tennessee! Mostly to see if the Kings get upgraded to a major faction.
>>
>>342738347
Would be more interesting than all the places we have been so far with the series.
>>
>>342737802
The armour feels like shit.
>>
>>342738957
In what way?
>>
shit quests
lack of dialogue options
small map

i had some fun pretending to live at red rocket with piper but holy fuck why did everything tie in with the main quest
just wanted to fuck around and do my own thing dammit
>>
>>342738957
That's your own shit, you big baby.
>>
i was kind of bummed at how little america v china war quests there were...it was almost close to nothing where fallout 3 atleast gave you a factory full of ghoul soldiers
>>
>>342738823
>Tennessee is SO much more interesting than Massachusetts, Nevada, California or Maryland!

Feels a bit arbitrary to claim any one more "interesting" than the other.
>>
>>342739063
>why did everything tie in with the main quest

...well, that's a new complaint.
>>
>>342739040
Too slow. It is the worst kind of mecha.

>>342739073
Stay salty.
>>
>>342727376
>story and writing is ass
>dialogue is ass
>gameplay is slightly better but nothing special
>gimmicks settlements that are poorly implemented with not much detail
>things like building robots which should have been in the game to boot

A lot went wrong and very little went right. It is a travesty at every angle.
>>
>>342739631
It's the same speed as you are though. Faster even with modifications like the Jetpack or Overdrive Servos installed.
>>
>>342740025
It makes you significantly slower and more sluggish. Each to their own. I suppose.
>>
>>342740237
No it doesn't. You literally move at the same speed in and out of Power Armor. You also sprint at the same speed.
>>
I'm just waiting for the Skyrim Remastered to be released, so modders can get around to merging the games, like with Tale of Two Wastelands.

Hunting dragons with a Fat Man is gonna be fun.
>>
>>342740320
Okay so no reason to wear it then.
>>
>>342740783
yeah if you don't count the bonus armor, stat bonuses, and abilities it grants then sure no reason at all
>>
>>342740906
Okay then.
>>
>>342730638
The games are dungeon after dungeon. There exists nothing else to do.
>>
>>342739248
not him but I really, really wanna see more Elvis goofiness

it'd also be neat to see how the poorer end of America handled the radiation
>>
had the urge to play something
picked this shitfest
>story is pretty fucking bland
>got alternative start
>no quests
>no huds
>survival mode
>a few mods for outfits/weapons
>survive in the wasteland
this is a nice timekill
>>
>>342740237
>>342740025
>>342740320
Your speed is fixed from the moment you start the game.

There is no method of increasing it.
>>
>>342742754
>There is no method of increasing it.
Incorrect. You even quoted a post that explained how to do it.

>>342740025
>>
>>342741703
Ghouls.
>>
>>342727376
I am saving for a new GPU, I will wait this to go on sale with the DLC on $20 or less because higher than that is a Rip off, especially the vanilla game on its own.

So Bethesda took a look at New Vegas, and decided to go in the opposite direction, they stripped down the game off features and added crafting, and some other crap Early Access games like Rust were doing...and it paid off given the number of people who play this garbage.

That blade runner quest in FO3 was terrible, and they decided to make a full game based on it? Wew lad.
>>
File: 1459638494758.jpg (631 KB, 1840x2670) Image search: [Google]
1459638494758.jpg
631 KB, 1840x2670
best character coming through
>>
>>342743343
his companion quest has the most contrived writing i have ever seen in an "rpg"
>>
>>342730638
>you need creativity and the ability to roleplay.
>you have to take it all in and enjoy the journey.

That is the thing that bothers me the most.
New Vegas was immersive.
FO3 was somewhat immersive, it did feel like exploring a vast wasteland.

FO4 it is a poolry scripted story where the player is just a passenger.
>>
>>342732312
Just wearing the power armor frame gives you enough strength to kill people with a tea cup, Riddick style.
>>
>>342743498
wow rude
>>
>>342743498
What about it struck you as contrived?
>>
>>342743585
No it doesn't. Melee / Unarmed damage is DM = 1 + (STR x .1). Which means that each point of Strength is +10% damage.

Power Armor is 11 Strength. That teacup will hit for TWO teacup and 10% damage.

Nah, the real damage is taking the melee and unarmed perks, both of which are in the Strength tree. And if you're using those, you probably had a good Strength anyhow. So, the upgrade in the frame is likely negligible.
>>
>>342743853
Track down the code to the criminal mastermind's shelter

He states a number to the combination in each of his logs for some reason

Go to each police station and look for the evidence logs

Every police station is fully intact, all the evidence logs are available, all the evidence computers are operational, all the evidence logs are perfectly accurate

All evidence tapes have been intact for 210 years and have not budged for 210 years

Said criminal mastermind is still alive after 210 years because he is now the canon first ghoul to ever exist and became a ghoul before the Great War even occurred

Said criminal mastermind's bunker is 20 feet from where he killed not-Valentines fiance over 210 years ago

Said criminal mastermind hasn't left his bunker for 210 years

Said criminal mastermind hasn't gone feral after being isolated in a bunker for 210 years
>>
I put about 60-65 hours into it, the last 10-15 I was kind of just roaming looking for stuff to do. It was fun at first, but after awhile it got a little bit stale. There weren't that many memorable or neat quests, all the "dungeons" feel like the same thing after you've done a few, you either get ghouls, bandits, or super mutants 99% of the time with mostly randomized loot. The writing was horrible, I ended up rushing through the main quest just to get it done with, settlement building could have been neat, but the interface was clunky and there was no real incentives. I did have fun with my melee build, though I was OP.
>>
File: pete.jpg (283 KB, 1242x1716) Image search: [Google]
pete.jpg
283 KB, 1242x1716
>>342744426
Worst dumbest quest is still kid in a fridge
>>
File: 1465538408132.jpg (32 KB, 557x612) Image search: [Google]
1465538408132.jpg
32 KB, 557x612
>>342727826
Woa same here i quit at that same mission. Maybe thats the point were it has just been too much
>>
File: image.jpg (420 KB, 944x1341) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
420 KB, 944x1341
>>342745120
What a dick
>>
>>342744426
I guess I can see some of that, especially about Eddie Winter. I didn't really mind the tracking down the code. Doing some old fashioned sleuthing with Nick Valentine was pretty damn fun. And most of those old police stations weren't intact. The majority were husks or smoking ruins that didn't even have doors. Also, I don't mind Eddie Winter being one of the first ghouls. If anything, I was curious who his contacts were. Vault Tec? A young Richard Moreau? Either way, he wasn't the first. They already had the process down when they did it to him.

The thing as a whole was pretty good, I thought. Nick Valentine the man's unfinished business carried out by Nick Valentine the Synth and giving the latter some sense of closure and accomplishment to distinguish himself as a unique person separate from his programming. That Eddie didn't go feral seemed... inconsequential to me at the time. Hell, maybe he did go out since the bombs and he just didn't turn into the big shot he thought he was.
>>
File: 1418132237398.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1418132237398.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>>342745618
>Nick Valentine the man's unfinished business carried out by Nick Valentine the Synth and giving the latter some sense of closure and accomplishment to distinguish himself as a unique person separate from his programming.
>>
>>342732312
>defending f4
kill yourself now todd
>>
File: 1423142574736.gif (453 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1423142574736.gif
453 KB, 400x400
>>342746040
>anyone who doesn't hate fo4 is todd meme
>>
>Can go after Benny at any time in the game
>Can handle Benny in a bunch of different ways
>Can only go after Kellogg when on the appropriate main quest because the door to his hideout literally does not exist otherwise
>Can handle Kellogg in exactly one way
>>
>>342744426

This the fridge boy ghoul and little lamplight are the dumbest things so far.
>>
>>342747706
Vault 87/Little Lamplight is the equivalent of narrative suicide.

Goddamn FO3 had fucking awful writing.
>>
>>342727376
They were too busy retconning events from the first game and throwing together the shitty settlement building system to do anything good
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.