[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started this game and its not as bad as ttyd fags make it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: super-paper-mario-wii.jpg (397 KB, 1280x1795) Image search: [Google]
super-paper-mario-wii.jpg
397 KB, 1280x1795
Just started this game and its not as bad as ttyd fags make it out to be
I think i'm having fun time
aside from change to the battle system whats to hate?
Paper Mario General i guess
>>
>>342721276
>aside from change to the battle system whats to hate?
"IT'S NOT MUH THOUSAND-YEAR DOOR!"
>>
>>342721276
this game's ridiculously dark story by mario standards, which includes a fairly multi-layered anti-villain and truly psychopathic monster as the real villain, was what caused Miyamoto to take Paper Mario in a kiddy direction.

SPM killed Paper Mario.
>>
>>342721713
Exactly this, as a plataformer with some rpg elements the game is fantastic.

Its puzzles, characters, story and levels are good.
>>
>>342721932
I liked this game alot, although i dont remember finishing it...
>>
>>342721276
Actually I still think TTYD is the best in the series but Super Paper Mario kicks ass. I don't see many complain desu
>>
File: Dimentio_SPM.png (190 KB, 1000x985) Image search: [Google]
Dimentio_SPM.png
190 KB, 1000x985
posting best character
>>
There's nothing bad with the game itself, everyone is just said that this isn't what we expected the next paper mario would be like.

The mario & luigi series became the staple mario RPG series and Paper Mario became their creative outlet for ideas which continue to disappoint us
>>
>>342721276

How's the writing in SPM? Paper mario is one of the few games I actually play for characters, story etc.
>>
>>342721276
I think the concept itself is not inherently bad, but I dislike the design direction they took with making the inhabitants of Flipside consist of arbitrary geometric shapes. I guess it's just the way things looked over there, but it's a bit of a let down after seeing they are able to create unique and interesting characteer designs like the X-Nauts, Cortez and others in the previous games.
>>
File: 1451196727233.jpg (7 KB, 131x165) Image search: [Google]
1451196727233.jpg
7 KB, 131x165
Fuck the Overthere and fuck Luvbi
>>
>>342722582
honestly its IMO the best in the series because it keeps you thinking
>>
I both miss and don't miss the turn based battles at the same time. I enjoyed them in small doses, but they just really dragged on after a while in TTYD.
>>
>>342721276
Only nostalgiafags and people that havent played more than 5 minutes hate this game. I was hesistant to buy it because of the gameplay but in the end i liked it more
>>
>>342722974
We still have mario and luigi series. Its basically paper mario for handheld
>>
>>342723170
Are any of them actually as good as the Paper Mario games though? Not counting Sticker Shit.
>>
>>342722582
The story is interesting, but it goes a bit too deep into details and some bits you hear from some (optional) parts sound like fan fiction.
Not saying that it was bad, I liked the story but if the gameplay was more like the originals, it would be better.
>>
>>342723254
Played superstar saga, bowsers inside story and dream team. I got the same feeling as a paper mario game + luigi being dumb and winning by accident
>>
>>342721276
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much shitty dialogue to be enjoyable.

Also, first time I played this I continuously refused to accept the quest to close the vortex or whatever, which resulted in a game over. Had to restart as I hadn't saved. Fuck sake!
>>
>>342723591
That's one of the issues I see with the game.
Paper Mario was already a stabilished franchise with 2 RPGs, then they make a platformer spin off. The people that play platformers don't want to read a lot of dialogue and probably just mashed 2 all the way through. Dialogue heavy and platformer doesn't work unless it was only in the overworld and still had turn based battles otherwise, but even so it's a weak platforming game.
In the end, this idea was what caused the decline of the franchise and into the experimental pet of Nintendo.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.