[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kamiya thinks the Resident Evil 2 remake will 'knock it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
Will based Kamiya save us?

https://www.destructoid.com/kamiya-thinks-the-resident-evil-2-remake-will-knock-it-out-of-the-park--370087.phtml
>>
File: eaxr7u3ffq9isrr220y8.jpg (161 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
eaxr7u3ffq9isrr220y8.jpg
161 KB, 1600x900
>>342713270
will dead zimbas turn into lickers now?
>>
>born too late to explore Earth
>born too early to explore Space
>bonr just in time to see the second greatest horror game frachise return to its glory
>>
Is this gonna be like REmake or some awful reboot thing?
>>
>>342713270
Do we have a development studio? A director? Anything on this game.

Its going to be a trainwreck.
>>
It's gonna be re4 in re2 setting
>>
>>342714026
As long as there's limited ammo I'll be fine with that desu fampai
>>
>>342714142

>PREORDER FOR THE S.T.A.R.S AMMO PACK AND BARRY'S REVOLVER UPGRADE
>>
2 is the best one
>>
>>342713980
Kamiya is no longer with Capcom so he probably won't be on the table. SAD!
>>
>>342713891
>boner just in time
>>
>>342714304
all I have to do is preorder a game I want and I get barry's revolver? sign me up
>>
Why does Kamiya seem so nice in person but awful on Twitter?

Is it because he's addicted to Twitter and secretly hates himself for it?
>>
>>342713980
Developed internally at Capcom Japan. Producer is the guy who put together the HD remasters of REmake and Zero. Director is the guy who directed Mega Man Legends 1-2 and also as a designer on the original RE.
>>
>>342713270
Is he even affiliated wit the project? I mean we know nothing about it. No screenshots, no gameplay discussion, not even any details about anything except that it's happening. There are million different ways this could do wrong and only one this would work paired with how extremely tight lipped Capcom are doesn't really fill me with hope.
>>
>>342714779

To survive on twitter, you have to become twitter
>>
>>342714779
Being a huge cunt to people is fun.
>>
>Kamema
>>
>>342714779
all those people deserve it
>>
File: Colt_S.A.A..jpg (511 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Colt_S.A.A..jpg
511 KB, 1920x1080
>>342714304

More like

>PREORDER FOR SUPER KAWAII COSTUMES

>>342714668
Only weapon I can imagine them trying to sell is that shitty cowboy gun.
>>
>>342714779
He is replying to everything. He is autistic.
>>
REmake > 3 > Outbreak 1 = Outbreak 2 > 1 > 2 > 0

This is the official canon ranking officially released by capcom. Don't bother arguing, it's official.
>>
>>342717714
Mikami doesn't even see 3 as important.
>>
>>342717714
is this a joke? RE3 is probably the worst mainline RE game

its stale garbage, you can fucking make bullets, the puzzles are jarringly out of place in the setting, it reuses areas from 2 and in general doesnt add anything to the series

the only decent thing is nemesis and thats basically just a more annoying MR.X
>>
>>342717714
Speaking of Outbreak, both remastered would be great especially that Capcom now understands online infrastructure
>>
>>342713270
Well, that instills some confidence.

Kind of hard to imagine how they could possibly fuck up RE2 though. If REmake didn't exist, RE2 would be my favorite classic RE.
>>
>>342717972
>hard to imagine
refer to every RE after and including 4
>>
>>342717714
original REmake was alright but the PC version is absolute garbage with all of the upscaled renders given terrible looking photoshop filters. it feels like I'm playing someones deviant art gallery
>>
>>342717413
>shitty
It had a great RoF and was perfect for regular zombies and doggers.
>>
>>342717871
lol
3 is the best game, cuck
>>
>>342718424
>3 is the only RE ive played/ 3 is the first RE i played :)
>>
>>342713270
I will play it just to get the dog ending in HD
>>
File: bhd_2016_03_05_11_40_03_136.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bhd_2016_03_05_11_40_03_136.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>342717871
>in general doesnt add anything to the series

It serves to explain what happens to Racoon City.

>>342718213
>upscaled renders given terrible looking photoshop filters

They only "upgraded" the polygons and animations (running water, foliage and grass blown by wind).

It looks like shit, but it's easier than fucking around with Dolphin.
>>
>>342718635
damn! i confused the games
>>
>>342713939
this is the one for the fans.
the one that started because of the success of the rereleased of REmake on PS4/Xbone/Steam
RE7 is going into a new direction, they try to appeal to a more mainstream audience with the mainline games.
REmake 2 is supposed to be a love letter to fans, so it should be assumed that it will be somewhat similar to REmake.
i wish they made a new revelations game though.
Rev2 was awesome.
>>
>>342718998
oh also, poor kamiya.
fucking scalebound will crash and burn. it will probably sell less than fucking Nier automata, and that game has like 0 marketing.
>>
>>342717871
>in general doesnt add anything to the series
I'd say that tying up story threads(the events in raccoon city) is what the series in general is terrible at with 3 being the exception.

Every single mainline RE game since 3 has basically been a reboot of the story. RE4 shit on everything, 5 only continued the story in the sense that plagas where a thing again and 6 was nothing a incoherent, jumbled mess that went nowhere.

I just want to follow a cast of 3-5 characters from game to game in one long story, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>342717871
Most of the puzzles were problems that needed solving that made sense. Like needing to put out the fire to get into that one alley. Or fucking with the electrical output to open the locked doors and fry the zombies.
The only traditional RE puzzles for the most part were in the clock tower, which made sense within the series universe, honestly.

The area reused from RE2 lasts for 10 minutes MAX, and has less than zero impact on the game as a whole. It's literally fan service for RE2 fans to obsess over and nothing more.

Also, try beating the game without using any ammo you made yourself. Literally just use weapons and ammo you find. That makes it into a totally different game. It's even harder than REmake.

Lastly, I like RE3 because it's so ducking open to challenge runs. Knife only, timed runs, no mixed ammo, kill Nemesis at all encounters, weapon specific runs, combinations of the above, etc. You can also basically just play the game however you want by making ammo. Use whatever weapons you want, whenever you want to.

From a gameplay and replay value perspective, it's the best classic RE.
>>
>>342719703
>kill Nemesis at all encounters

Only worth it in hard mode since he drops bonus items (that get better).
>>
Capcom better gives Leon a fedora hat like RE4
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.