[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAYS GONE: SONY EXCLUSIVE LOOKS AMAZING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1136x640
http://youtu.be/jtWW8DEbEXI

>LOOKS AMAZING
>TEXHNICAL MARBEL
>ACHIEVES LEVEL OF FIDELITY NEVER SEEN BEFORE
>MATURE
>RE INVENTS THE ZOMBIE GENRE
>MOVE OVER ZOMBIE GENRE A NEW KING WILL BE CROWNED
>AMAZING

Gamespots verdict is in

Days gone will be zombie game of the decade. A real technical marble. Are you ready /v/ ?

Thoughts on days gone ?
>>
>>342703584
>A real technical marble.
Really?

But as for Gamespot, they're literal shills, never take anything they say seriously.
>>
When in doubt, add more zombies.
>>
>No bullet impact
>No blood
It doesn't look too good.
>>
It's just Unreal Engine 4 anon. At least it explains why it was so blurry.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
Shoot we'll sounds great !

Gamespot is totally credible !
>>
>>342703584
Is this the greatest game to come out of the developers of Bubsy 3D?
>>
>>342703671
Shills for what ? Good games ?
>>
You spelled 'marble' wrong once and still don't get that it's "technical marvel".
>>
>>342703584
TloU on steroids. Meh.
>>
>>342703740
You forgot
>hold 1 button to keep watching the movie
>>
>>342703584

My dubs will confirm that this is another The Order 1886
>>
>>342703836
My dubs will confirm that not only this but last guardian will be shit.

They'll still get paid reviews though
>>
>>342703802
The quality of the game doesn't matter to Gamespot, it's the quality of the American Pesos that matter.

Not to say they've never shilled good games, I'm sure they have at least once.
>>
>>342703823
TLoU wasn't about zombies, the zombies were irrelevant
>>
>>342703803
I could care less.
>>
>>342703836
>>342703897

Welcome newfriends
>>
>>342703762
Isn't giant bomb owned by gamespot now ?
>>
>>342703965
hook line and sinker
>>
>>342703584
looks like last of us without the feels and the annoying kid

have potentital
>>
>>342703929
I always hear this but is there actual proof ?

Seems to me like it's just but hurt Nintendo and xbutt fans
>>
>Cuckie O'Dwyer
>>
I hope once this game bombs people will declare the zombie genre dead and move on.
>>
>>342704053
I'm sure they've shilled Nintendo and Xbox games too, don't be so defensive, I never said your exclusive was bad, just that it's being shilled for.
>>
>>342703584
its alright.
it sounds like it gonna be narrative driven that shit isnt my jam but whatever.
this is coming from somebody who actually likes zombies.
>>
>>342703584
>from the makers of handheld shovelware trash
wow
>>
>>342704364
All the YouTube comments say it looks GOTY and it did get all these awards
>>
>>342704693
All these E3 awards and still a shit sounding submachine gun.
wew
>>
Looks just like last of us only they're calling their zombies zombies instead of pretending they're anything but.
>>
>>342705038
Jelly
>>
> left 4 dead: tps version
> technical marbles

so tis is the power of money....
>>
File: 1463773452923.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463773452923.gif
3 MB, 640x266
I watched the video and I thought it was stupid how in some parts the character just walks/sneaks right past all the zombies.

Braindead zombies desu
>>
>>342703584
The hoard is very strange in its movements. If they follow you in queue, it's going to be boring quickly.

Also zombie games are better when they are focused on people, saving a fucker encircled by rotten heads, or humans using the zombies to shit on each other. Shooting on an endless flow of zombies is pointless. I just didn't understand why they kept shooting during the E3 presentation when the only logical move is fleeing.
>>
>>342705874
>If they follow you in queue

it's certainly one of these games where everything is scripted to death and you have to follow the corridor to surive

they probably kept shooting because it appeals to kids, also show how it runs, pretty explosions etc.

don't forget: they know the average IQ of their clients is rather low: if they show just a fleeing section, everyone will assume it's an "infiltration" game
>>
>>342703969
They're both owned by CBSi
>>
>muh graphics
>mature
>"zombie genre"
ok kid
>>
This will elevate us into the upper echelon of gaming. Not like smell rising, resentment evil, etc
>>
>>342704693
>it did get all these awards
so did Evolve
>>
>>342703584
So is this yet another epic cinematic expierence with shit gameplay?
>>
File: Sony Just.jpg (76 KB, 580x670) Image search: [Google]
Sony Just.jpg
76 KB, 580x670
>>342703836
>>342703584

They said this is an open world game though and you go around doing tasks for people.
>>
>>342705382
>>342705382
>only they're calling their zombies zombies

They aren't though, they called them something else can' remember what they said.
>>
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
>>342704693
>all these people are saying its going to be game of the year better agree with them and fit in.
Look where you are.
Now tell me in your own words what this game is doing differently from any zombie game today ?
that if it were to ever cross your mind that anyone from here will take your opinion and the countless opinions of people we don't know about a game they haven't played seriously.

Stop spouting your drivel and form your own opinion.
>>342705449
>Jelly
You're either incredibly young or a shill simply because the fact of the matter is the game is being scoffed at by doing nothing differently. weighing heavily on story and doing nothing sort of astounding for gameplay and then we have the technical aspects of the game which seems to suffer from severe slowdowns in the video from the amount of zombies on screen or if there is TOO much action

Awards E3 awards DONT mean a damn thing and this game Is a good example that even an award winning game can be the worst entry in a long running francise.
>>
>>342703584
>Zombie Game
What zombies? All I see are a bunch of spazzed out assholes who die in one hit to any part of their body running at the player character.

Seriously, when is a developer going to make a genuine survival horror game that properly utilizes slow zombies and uses the suspenseful tension and atmosphere that comes from being a completely normal person (as opposed to a bad ass with seemingly unlimited ammo and/or superhuman athletic abilities) who is being relentlessly pursued by a horde of mindless but slow cannibals?

I want a game where you play as an average person, where trying to fight more than 1 zombie at a time is an extremely risky proposition and where getting bit just once is the end. A game where you spend most of your time sneaking around hiding in buildings scrounging for food and water while desperately hoping that you won't run into any zombies instead of slaughtering them wholesale with ridiculous ease.

I want a game that highlights what truly makes traditional zombies a threat, their tirelessness and lack of fatigue, where you have to sleep but they don't so you better make sure the door of whatever place you're spending the night in is damn well barricaded or you could be in for a fatal surprise while you sleep.

I want zombies that move only slightly faster than a walk, slow enough that you can outrun them, but fast and relentless enough that when you get tired and can't run anymore and you haven't lost them yet you're in some serious fucking trouble. I want zombies that only die to a shot to the head powerful enough to crack their skull.

I want a fucking real zombie horror game for fuck's sake. A terrifying struggle for survival against a faceless, relentless, shambling mass of flesh hungry things that were once human.

Why can't any developer ever seem to make this type of zombie game?
>>
File: 1463413782646.png (179 KB, 278x296) Image search: [Google]
1463413782646.png
179 KB, 278x296
>mfw Starkiller is the protag
>>
File: 439287423978923.jpg (20 KB, 323x294) Image search: [Google]
439287423978923.jpg
20 KB, 323x294
The massive stampede of hundreds of zombies chasing you is impressive and I like how you can halt their movement with objects but god damn does it look shitty seeing zombies disappear seconds after being shot down and the gun sounding so weak
>>
>>342703584
>>342703584
le sigh... posting this for 122th times
>>
>>342707081
Freakers that was it.
>>
>>342707081
Either way they're not using spores and fungus to try and pretend they're not functionally zombies
>>
>>342707132
Because proper horror games are a niche. There is far more money in action shooters stuffed full of "epic" cutscenes for that cinematic expierence. Zombies are also very popular so throw some in to appeal to even more people.
AAA games aren't made by people with passion and ideas, but tailored by heartless, greedy suits reading marketing charts for maximum profits. When will you learn?
>>
>>342707287
every.fucking.time

I swear yellow fever weebs are the most delusional faggots on the planet
>>
>The cuck thinks the oil filter is a car muffler
>>
File: jill.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
jill.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>>342707337
No they explained in an interview they were faster than zombies and had different types, I'll find it.

Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH5bFYBEHeo
>>
>>342703584
>Generic zombie game #346758
>Just what we needed

Literally no one asked for this.
>>
>>342707415
I know, it's just that I've wanted a proper zombie game since I was 13 and I still haven't gotten one. All I've gotten is 9 years of disappointment and shitty action games (and a couple of admittedly half decent action games).

I'm tired of zombies as action game fodder, I want the horror zombies back.
>>
It looks like every other zombie game I've seen before. It has the same "realistic" graphics every other Sony "exclusive" has. It looks about as mature as every other tryhard zombie game with a cigarette smoking idiot as the MC.
>>
File: Big grin.jpg (28 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
Big grin.jpg
28 KB, 390x310
>>342703584
>LOOKS AMAZING
nice shill faggot
>>
At the start of the video, he literally asks 3 people same thing...

<name 1> what did you think?

<name 2> what did you think?

<name 3> what did you think?

Is this comedy?
>>
File: CerOo41WQAA8Al1.jpg (73 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
CerOo41WQAA8Al1.jpg
73 KB, 600x709
>>
>xfags triggered by another ps4 exclusive yet again

like pottery
>>
>>342712712

>Ruggarell's ass in ruins because of a shitty PS4 exclusive being made fun of

Pottery
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.