[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quake - DOPA (Episode 5: Dimension of the Past)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: spasm0001.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
spasm0001.png
1 MB, 1024x768
https://youtu.be/mkw0bssjVd0

The new single player episode for Quake "Episode 5: Dimension of the Past" by Machinegames.

http://cdn.bethsoft.com/quake/dopa.rar
>>
>>342698636
Is it a single level or several? Looking for proper version of Quake take some time, I'm not sure it's worth.
>>
>>342698762
It has all this levels:
START - Dimension of the Past - (Introduction level)

E5M1 - The Military Base - (Easy: 34, Normal: 43, Hard: 51) (Secrets: 6)

E5M2 - The Power Supply - (Easy: 54, Normal: 69, Hard: 78) (Secrets: 5)

E5M3 - The Dark Days - (Easy: 43, Normal: 53, Hard: 59) (Secrets: 5)

E5M4 - The Catacombs - (Easy: 58, Normal: 75, Hard: 86) (Secrets: 7)

E5M5 - The Stronghold - (Easy: 42, Normal: 54, Hard: 59) (Secrets: 5)

E5M6 - The Underworld - (Easy: 49, Normal: 61, Hard: 69) (Secrets: 4)

E5M7 - The Otherworld - (Easy: 48, Normal: 63, Hard: 68) (Secrets: 5)

E5M8 - The House of Doom (Secret level) - (Easy: 32, Normal: 39, Hard: 45) (Secrets: 1)

E5END - The Year Zero - (Easy: 15, Normal: 20, Hard: 25) (Secrets: 2)

E5DM - The Theater of Doom (Deathmatch level (2-6 players))
>>
It's very repetitious and forgettable. Most enemy encounters just spam a lot of one enemy, there are rarely encounters where you fight two or more enemy types at once. It feels very amateurish if you look past the aesthetics of the maps. They're a far cry from the quality of the official maps made two decades ago.
>>
>>342698847
Cool. I think it's worth checking.
>>
How good is DOPA compared to the fan maps?
>>
>>342700217
https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/dopa.html#comments
>>
>>342698636
I wonder if they're aware just how utterly boring their level design is
>>
>>342700515
It really is incredibly linear.
At least the first map is.
>switch puzzle where the switches are right next to each other
It has neat sound design though.
>>
Didnt Tim Willits used to make Quake levels, why didnt they get him instead?
>>
>>342702886
Why didn't Romero?
>>
>>342703327
He doesn't work at ID anymore, not surprised MG fucked this up
>>
>>342703389
But DOPA isn't official, just fan stuff. And probably a viral marketing, like Romero releasing a new Doom map before the Blackroom announce.
>>
>>342703625
At least it was free, still a bit shit though.
>>
>>342702072
There's nothing wrong with linearity. Why are people obsessed with having multiple paths?

Also, its not even. It's more like doom, you hit a point were you can't progress and need to figure out why.
>>
They could at least add a new enemie type or weapon but i don't know how they could even balance things out.
>>
Haven't tried it yet but that first level looks really poor compared to other fan levels I've played. Does it get better?
>>
>>342705135
Yes, in the next levels there are some interesting designs. Is short, no more one hour to complete all this new episode.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.