[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zero Escape > Dangan Ronpa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: top tier.jpg (12 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
top tier.jpg
12 KB, 180x180
Zero Escape > Dangan Ronpa
>>
I disagree
>>
They're both on the same level. If you forced me to pick a superior series, I'd go with ZE, but only because DR has a cancerous fandom
>>
>>342694951

the new ZE is going to be on PC so more than 12 people will play it so have fun with that
>>
>>342694463
The hipster opinion
>>
>>342695205
it's kind of like Lisa and Undertale, they're not really directly comparable games other than they're both in a nice genre and they have similar influences if you go far back enough

In ZE's defense however, it is an actually good game unlike Lisa
>>
>>342695392
lisa is far better than undermeme, they shouldn't even be compared desu. Lisa is the good game and undermeme is legit garbage.
>>
>>342695392
You're allowed to be a cancerous undermeme shill on here, but calling Lisa, a legitimately inspiring, interesting game bad is crossing the line.
>>
>>342695469
>>342695758
ah you lisafags are so easy and predictable
>>
I always thought Zero Escape was more of a puzzle game like Professor Layton. I played the first DR and you just get dragged around by other characters who explain the whole mystery for you. That's okay in a dating game like Sweet Fuse, but if I'm in a detective game I want to do detective stuff.
>>
>>342694463

I like both but Zero Escape is clearly the better of the 2. Danganronpa goes out of its way to water down the horror aspects at every opportunity to the point where it just gets silly and whimsical. Zero escape's narrative is much more engrossing because the world stays grounded (even though it has scifi elements)
>>
File: 1466770067447.png (16 KB, 300x310) Image search: [Google]
1466770067447.png
16 KB, 300x310
>>342697095
>because the world stays grounded
>>
>>342697350

In Danganronpa, monokuma pops up all of the time out of literally nowhere with no explanation because 'lol it's just a game fourth wall breaking shenanigans who cares'
All of the punishment deaths - especially in DR2 - take place in random locations that have zero connection to the location where the game takes place, with no explanation as to how anyone is transported there

Zero Escape has none of that. There are logic based explanations for why and how everything happens (the fact some explanations involve scifi fantasy doesn't negate this fact). Everything stays grounded to an extent where you can take the world seriously without needing to disregarding logical fallacies because of a cartoony tone.
>>
File: quattro raise.jpg (49 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
quattro raise.jpg
49 KB, 1024x768
>>342697956
>blatant time travel and meta gameplay is grounded
>>
>>342698069

>scifi can't be grounded because time travel doesn't exist in real life
Literal retard
>>
>>342698278

ZE is fucking goofy, I don't care which game you like but don't lie and make ZE out to be something it isn't.
>>
>>342698498

ZE has comedic elements, you can't seriously call it goofy relative to danganronpa
>>
>>342697956
>A chick in a stereotypical Egyptian costume appears coincidentally when the characters are talking about an immortal Egyptian priestess for absolutely not good reason or payoff
>>
>>342698695

>is then elaborately explained in the next game
>>
>>342698867
>and is in no way a good reason or payoff and was completely pointless as all of that entire subplot
>>
>>342694463
if DR wasn't cursed with shitty endings then i'd say you're wrong.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.