[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this on steam. What am I in for senpai? I have played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: header.jpg (44 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
44 KB, 460x215
Just bought this on steam. What am I in for senpai? I have played RE5 and a little of 6.
>>
Better gameplay, less action, possibly frustrating controls unless you're a fan of tank controls, tons of secrets.
>>
>>342686013
Will I actually get scared ?
>>
>>342686185
I don't really get scared in vidya too much, but there were 2 or 3 parts that genuinely had me panicking when playing.
>>
>>342685878
best atmosphere of any game
if RE5 is a 3/10, REmake is a 10/10
>>
File: 1354070761809.gif (3 MB, 167x190) Image search: [Google]
1354070761809.gif
3 MB, 167x190
If i had to choose between REmake or RE4, which? And I've never touched a game in the series before so.....help a poor guy out
>>
>>342685878

Everything my that isn't 5 and 6.
>>
As far as survival horror goes its one of if not the greatest

If you're brand new to the genre its pretty hard as a starting point

Don't try to kill shit run past whatever you can. Play Jill first.
>>
Shit game with shit controls and bullshit puzzles, nothing like the real Resident Evil
>>
>>342686985
REmake

And then move on to RE2 then RE4 then RE5 and 6 if you want
>>
>>342686985
You're comparing the best survival horror ever to one of the best games ever period, its not an easy choice at all pick the one you think youll enjoy more
>>
My personal favorite RE game is what you've got there. It's a world of difference from RE5.

>>342686985
Both are great games but it depends what you're more in the mood for. REmake is more slow paced and more about scares by having scare ammo and a creepy tone and atmopshere, RE4 is much more action based. But you really can't go wrong with either.
>>
>>342686985
Depends on if you like shooters or prefer the horror aspect. If you like shooters, re4. Otherwise, REmake.
>>
>>342685878
Play with original controls unless you want camera angle shifts to fuck your shit up. Also play as Jill and normal difficulty is actually the third option because the re-release added a very easy difficulty
>>
>>342685878
Turn on classic controls and manual use of self-defense items.

The first difficulties you see are extremely dumbed down. Take the hardest because that is basically normal, the real hard difficulties get unlocked after.
>>
File: this is why he has a lighter.png (34 KB, 320x241) Image search: [Google]
this is why he has a lighter.png
34 KB, 320x241
>>342685878
>playing the inferior censored version
>>
>>342685878
Good shit, I'd recommend starting with Jill and not being too afraid of saving when you have ink ribbons

>>342686985
Both are really great, I'd recommend starting with REmake and going REmake>RE2>RE3>RE:Code Veronica>RE4 for the full impact of the series.

RE4 itself tho is fucking amazing even if it barely qualifies as survival horror.
You'll miss out on a good bit of character interactions, but the gameplay in RE4 is some of the tightest shit ever made if you decide to start with it
>>
File: 1433373282783.png (95 KB, 218x220) Image search: [Google]
1433373282783.png
95 KB, 218x220
Actual survival horror.

And yes you will get spooked.
>>
>>342685878
Play as Jill on the normal difficulty and turn off the new, modern controls (they're garbage) and switch to the classic ones. The classic ones might feel weird at first but I promise you, you'll get the hang of them.
>>
I bought zero, did I make a mistake?
>>
>>342687716
Yeah, REmake is one of the best in the series. Zero is... not so much. I mean, it's okay, but I can think of a lot more about Zero I dislike than I like.
>>
File: BECCA.jpg (60 KB, 560x1069) Image search: [Google]
BECCA.jpg
60 KB, 560x1069
>>342687716
Only if you hate cute medics!
>>
>>342687450
>>342687128
>>342687678
>>342687617
Original controls and starts with Jill. Thanks Anons.
>>
best RE.
>>
Fuck it, Ill ask, RE5 isnt on sale because fuck me right? Anyone have a an extra key from the Capcom bundle I could take?
>>
Avoiding zombies > Killing and then burning/Killing w/ Headshot > Killing zombies

Remember that, OP
>>
>>342688761
Reporting in after 10 minutes. Didn't realize zombies are bullet sponges. Will never kill again.
>>
>>342689307
Kill them if you're pretty sure you're going to be going back there a few times. I always kill the three in the first saferoom by the stairwell because it's a pretty popular hub area and there's not a lot of room to maneuver.

But for the love of god if you kill them BURN THOSE BODIES.
>>
>>342689307
A lot of classic RE is about strategizing how you want to kill zombies. If there are 2 paths to a location, maybe you only clear one. Then of course killing the ones that are harder to avoid until you learn how to juke them properly. They also have a really hard time on stairs (they will mostly just try to puke on you and it is slow)
>>
>>342687923
>>342688004
Fug
>>
>>342690479
If you've never played a classic style RE before Zero might not be as bad because you won't have the better games to compare it to lol

But the story is really stupid, even by RE standards, and even though it's meant to be a prequel to RE1 a lot of stuff that happens in it makes no sense
>>
>>342690946
>a lot of stuff that happens in it makes no sense
Like?
>>
>>342691017
Like mostly of the location of the settings and how they don't really make sense with RE1. Like, RE1 establishes that Bravo team's helicopter went down just outside the mansion from RE1 but in Zero it goes down by a train, which takes Rebecca to another mansion, which takes her to an underground lab from RE2 that Enrico somehow ended up at, and then she went up back by the mansion from RE1. The placement of all the areas just feels so wacky.
>>
>>342686013
>mfw I actually think the game plays better on the keyboard instead of controller
Dunno but REmake feels better, Jill/Chris turns around really quick so I almost hit a wall when running around the mansion specially when the camera changes unlike Outbreak.
>>
You know, for some weird reason, I skipped out on the remake of this game and never bothered with it, and still haven't to this day. For someone who played the original when I was young, how is it? I do hear that it's very good a lot.
>>
I wonder, if its on PC can i mod in infinite ammo?
How would this change the game apart from obviously ruining it. Would there be anything to gain from doing it?
>>
>>342694212
Probably one of the best REs. Updated graphics, voice acting, and new things. The original didn't have crimson heads, right? I never actually played the ps1 version.
>>
>>342694212
If you ACTUALLY played the original RE then it's an extreme improvement to the experience, not even alike.
>>
>>342693346
>RE1 establishes that Bravo team's helicopter went down just outside the mansion from RE1 but in Zero it goes down by a train
As far as I remember, Rebecca and the rest of the team separate and then wander around the mountains, Rebecca finds the train by herself between the woods. I would assume she walked for a moderate distance so she could still maybe have gotten to the RE1 mansion had she walked somwhere else, Im not sure.

Im not exactly sure about the distance between each mansion but remember this happens in the Arklay Mountains, during the opening and ending cutscenes you can see the general landscape of the mountains, Umbrella might have chosen the mountains because they knew it wasnt easy to navigate the woods and mountains easily.

>a train, which takes Rebecca to another mansion, which takes her to an underground lab
The train was exclusively for Umbrella employees, the Eclipse Express would take them to the mansion (underground lab) either way, the train just happened to crash because of the leeches and shit. Whether all of Umbrella's employees that used the train knew about the undergound lab, that I doubt.

>an underground lab from RE2 that Enrico somehow ended up at
Woah woah woah, if memory doesnt fail me, the undeground level layout from RE2's just happens to be similar to RE0 lab, it isnt the same underground lab, been some time since I played but im almost sure about this. Maybe Umbrella just wanted to be consistent or they were connected to each other, but you never got to actually navigate between the mountain's lab and the city's lab. Raccoon City and the Arklay Mountains where relatively close so them being connected sounds plausible.

>Enrico somehow ended up at the lab
The lab was what joined both mansions together. Enrico shows up at both labs in both games. Even Rebecca can easily get to RE1 manion (after 0's mansion) after looking the mountains layout from above.
>>
WTF He doesn't say Jill sandwich?
>>
>>342695252
>>342693346
>The placement of all the areas just feels so wacky.
As far as I remember, that was Umbrella's goal, to make a maze-like, almost impossible to navigate, yet interconnected undercover laboratory.

Shit, after all that writing I feel like wanting to play both 0 and 1 again but my wii got fugged some time ago and now I crave some HD RE but the pack is a bit too expensive for me right now
>>
>>342695441
Yeah.... He says something like if he'd have been a moment later, she'd have fit nicely into a sandwich. It's just not the same.
>>
File: Muhfuggin Shark.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Muhfuggin Shark.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
Why must these be so terrifying in vidya? These bastards are the reason I couldn't get past Ecco the Dolphin.
>>
>>342695252
>>342695565
Yeah, you do make some good points. Admittedly, it's been years since I've played RE0 so my memory is a little foggy on how the events exactly take place. I was pretty sure the lab you go to in RE0 and the lab from RE2 were one in the same though (though that could have just been Capcom doing it for pure fanservice).
>>
File: Hero.jpg (2 MB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
Hero.jpg
2 MB, 1440x1920
>>342685878

One of the most heroic characters in all of vidya history.
>>
>>342685878
Don't kill the Zombies.
If you do burn them or they'll come back as crimson heads and you'll have a bad time.
>>
File: Steve_Burnside.jpg (24 KB, 329x500) Image search: [Google]
Steve_Burnside.jpg
24 KB, 329x500
>>342698124
Whoa, he ain't no knight in shining armor
>>
Hold on, So I'm done for the night and was reading up. None of the endings are cannon?
>>
>>342685878

Why can't the guys with the video cameras mounted on their shoulders shoot for shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT1JB3uv0ms
>>
>>342698515
Multiple endings but the canon one is

Jill, Chris, Brad, Barry and Rebecca manage to survive. Also, Wesker.
>>
>>342698494

Fuck that nigger and his original Leonardo Dicaprio haircut.

He was a throw away character at best.
>>
File: Original Hair.jpg (50 KB, 280x367) Image search: [Google]
Original Hair.jpg
50 KB, 280x367
>>342698494
>>342698840
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.