[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it any good /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Odin-Sphere-Leifdrasir.jpg (673 KB, 1920x2713) Image search: [Google]
Odin-Sphere-Leifdrasir.jpg
673 KB, 1920x2713
Is it any good /v/?
>>
>>342673908
>muh soap opera
>muh melodramatic story
>muh overexaggerate voice actors
>muh strong female leads
>muh smash square to win
Game is shit.
>>
>>342674951
>talking shit about Odin Sphere

Sure is summer.
>>
>>342673908
They adjusted it. Easy mode is finally easy and requires far less grinding.

My thumbs were turning purple on the PS2 version due to all of the button mashing.
>>
Is this videokino?
>>
File: 1465140526437.jpg (255 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
1465140526437.jpg
255 KB, 708x1000
Yes
>>
File: 57288333_p0.jpg (328 KB, 661x950) Image search: [Google]
57288333_p0.jpg
328 KB, 661x950
Yeah.
>>
File: 1466650291860.jpg (32 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1466650291860.jpg
32 KB, 321x322
>>342676238
>>
I'm finding it pretty fun. It was an impulse buy after playing the demo. Only up to the second character so far, but I could see how people can call it repetitive seeing as you fight the same bosses and enemies 4 times through.

Did the game just not have the budget to have fully different campaigns when it was made?
>>
File: 54735895_p0.jpg (598 KB, 1400x1182) Image search: [Google]
54735895_p0.jpg
598 KB, 1400x1182
>>342677394
>Did the game just not have the budget to have fully different campaigns when it was made?
Not really. If anything Leifdrasir is how they've always wanted Odin Sphere to be.

Even it's art book had foreword at the beginning where it pretty much said. "We liked making Odin Sphere but we could have done better"

And so Leifdrasir exist.
>>
It's mediocre.

>game is painfully easy on normal you can just mash square and never dodge anything
>on hard everything just has a shit ton of health which makes it feel like a huge chore
>every character just has to go to the same six or seven areas
>reused enemies and bosses in every area for every character
>melee characters are all pretty much the same and can be played mostly the same way
>alchemy system, while neat, is nothing compared to the food exp system and therefore there is almost no incentive to use it when you can just sell shit to buy food ingredients

I love Vanillaware, but this game is pretty weak. It has a great narrative and atmosphere with some awesome music, but the novelty of playing it wears off basically after the first chapter of using each character.

There's also no ability to select what character to use from the getgo even though they don't really spoil each other's stories in any meaningful way. It means I'm forced to go through Oswald's story even though I hate him and it's making me want to drop the game completely.
>>
>Right stick brings up the map
>Even during battles for some reason

but why
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.