[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wizardpoker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: bow_down.png (188 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
bow_down.png
188 KB, 286x395
Why is this guy even viable /v/?
He's seeing tournament play and everything.
>>
>>342672896
Do you want to actually know why?
It's literally just a coin flip. If you think you're maybe not gonna win, just go "Fuck, let's see what happens, maybe it'll help me"
There's no way to counter it, and you don't need to build a deck around it. If you have a 29 card deck, just put it in as a scapegoat and you might get lucky.
>>
The meta apes tournaments and I don't see why a 50/50 10 mana turn even got a look in.
>>
Because it can take an utterly lost game and swing it to your favour. It's not even much of a risk in the end.

Just have to know when to play it. Then it's more of a 66.6/33.3 rather than 50/50
>>
>>342672896
Game is 90% random anyway. Might as well make it more random.
>>
File: 0029 - gUKzeUt.png (26 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
0029 - gUKzeUt.png
26 KB, 396x400
>>342672896
>playing tavern brawl
>have like 8 hp left or something
>probably turn 12 or so
>get him on a portal
>play him
>clears opponents entire board
>gives me lethal with minion summons from call of the wild
>>
>>342672896
Yes. If you will lose on the next turn, or really need a board clear when yours is empty, he can win you the game.
>>
>>342675187
Pretty much this. It does not require a deck built around it and can turn around a losing game entirely on luck.
>>
game is totally random, you lose or win based off luck in a tournament setting since everyone is pretty much on the same level. when you're losing there's no way to win except this card which can sometimes just fuck the opponent's shit up.
>>
>>342672896
Because its more fun than endless aggro decks.
>>
>>342676382
Trading card games in general end up coming down to luck no matter what you do. Card advantage aside its a reason draw power is as powerful as it is since it lets you try to get cards you really need.
>>
>>342676636
Aggro decks are boring as fuck to play. Its the main reason my hunter deck is not a flavor of the month face hunter. That style of play is just not fun to me.
>>
>>342672896
Ewww, get this cancer out from my /v/ blizz drone
>>
>>342676636
but its mostly failed aggro decks that utilize it because they have no response to lategame.
>>
>>342676716

netrunner
>>
>>342673072
I mean it might sound dumb but it makes perfect chance. You have a card that basically goes full Mario Party Chance Time that you can choose when to play as soon as you get it in your hand, and if you're a class that uses a shitload of spells (mostly mage, but I could see it working with rogue or even some kinds of paladin or some shit), it's basically just "fuck my shit up blood relative".

If you're backed into a corner and you're gonna lose anyway, there's literally no reason not to play this if you have it. Literally any spell in the game could happen and with some luck it just fucking wins you the game for no good reason.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.