[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whatever happened to this series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-Socom3box.jpg (35 KB, 250x359) Image search: [Google]
250px-Socom3box.jpg
35 KB, 250x359
They used to be Sony's flagship online shooter franchise.

Were they good?
>>
I remember my ps2 magazines used to shill this so hard
>>
The commercials were better than the games.
>>
they were alright, it was pretty much the only thing that was worth playing online for on the ps2 so im not surprised most people are nostalgic for them
>>
>>342660604
1 and 2 were amazing anything after 2 was garbage.
>>
I don't think they hold up as well now, but they're still fun enough (replayed them last year). The MP was what most people remember of them, though. Nothing ever really replaced it. 3 was a big drop from 2, since they put in vehicles, and it was all downhill from there.

Sony pretty much gutted Zipper for whatever reason, and what was left of Zip shit out Socom 4 on PS3, then tried to reinvent themselves with Unit 13, but were ultimately taken out back and put down.
>>
They detonated the series with 4. Then killed Zipper.
>>
>making a tactical third person shooter during 7th gen and releasing it when PSN was shut down

J U S T
>>
Confrontation, then 4
>>
A shame the series had to be killed, but atleast we have that Insurgency mod that almost recreates the socom feel
>>
File: 1425426418977.jpg (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
1425426418977.jpg
10 KB, 255x200
>>342660604
Dem missions in SOCOM 1
>That long-as-hell jungle mission with enemies hiding everywhere
>That mission where you need to rescue hostage while assault helicopter is roasting your ass
>>
>>342662018
I'll never understand the hate for Socom 4. The game was fun as fuck.
>>
>>342660604
2=1>Combined Assault>3>>>>Confrontation after a shitload of patches>>>>> Confrontation Cold Front>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4 (not Socom)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-iPVDWm1Q0

Game catered to a niche audience of older men and Sony wanted teens and kids. Community is great and will always be great, I still keep in contact with a few guys.

H-Hour is supposed to be a spiritual successor, but it looks fucking terrible. Everything the devs do is pure shit and it looks like the community is slowly trying to polish the turd.

Best bet to get some Socom goodness is to download the Socom Insurgency mod.
>>
File: 1461195905391.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1461195905391.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>342663017
>not shooting the helicopter out of the sky
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.