[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kirby thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 189
File: 3520.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3520.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Kirby thread
>>
First for Susie's a bitch
>>
File: kirby_robobot-1200x675.jpg (84 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
kirby_robobot-1200x675.jpg
84 KB, 1200x675
>>342656919
Get in the robot, Kirby.
>>
Soundtrack download where?
>>
File: 1462813151358.png (281 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1462813151358.png
281 KB, 800x800
So, what's everyone's first Kirby game? Is it your favorite? If not, then what is and why?
My first was 64, I ended up playing it at one of those McDonalds that demo'd gamecube games and such (yeah, remember those?) and ended up loving the series ever since.
>>
>>342658332
Super Star, played it at my cousin's house
>>
>>342658332
Kirby 64 was my first. I don't give a fuck what anyone says. It's my favorite. Runner-up is definitely PR.

KSS/SSU is overrated shit.
>>
>>342658332
My first was Amazing Mirror. My cousins had link cables and I think the most we got was three players at a time. It might still be my favorite, though I haven't hit all the games in the series.
>>
>>342658332
My first was Kirbys Dream Land for the Gameboy. Althought my favorite is Amazing Mirror.
>>
>>342658332
Super Star Ultra is my favorite
Every now and then I pick it up again and 100% it within 48 hours
>>
>>342658532
>KSS/SSU is overrated shit.
It really isn't. It deserves all the love and acclaim it gets. My favorite is K64 too though.
>>
File: 1423631517239.gif (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1423631517239.gif
21 KB, 320x240
bump
>>
>>342658332
Kirby Super Star and it's still my favorite (Super Star Ultra is a great remake)

I used to play co-op with my mom when I was a kid, it was really fun. I miss her.
>>
>>342656919
So, how about that puzzle room huh?
>>
>>342661090
I get that epic maymay reference, /v/rother!
>>
So is poison ability basically a reskinned water?
>>
Why are Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot some of the best Kirby games ever made? Did Nintendo finally do some right?
>>
>>342662787
Kirby is one of those franchises that they seem unable to seriously fuck up with.

While Nintendo's been weak in recent years, they still have some formulas down.
>>
>>342662787
The director seems to be a huge Kirby fan judging by the fan service.
>>
>Robobot kept the sound test thing from TD where red and blue notes tell you which composer did which song
Neat.
>>
>>342663397
>SM3DW
>YY
>Smash
>XCX
>Kirby
>Zelda BotW
>ALBW
>weak

fair play anon
>>
>tfw 100%
>>
>>342663397

Yeah. I mean, I think Kirby is probably the longest running series with no bad games. Even the worst Kirby games are "average", never bad. They're a tad easy, but they're always a joy to play through, even the drawing ones.
>>
>>342663906
Oh, they're definitely on the upswing this year. New Zelda looks amazing, and Robobot was great.
>>
>>342664095
I can't say I wholly agree. I do think there's never really been a "bad" game, but Nintendo rarely produces objectively bad games.
I don't think 64 was a joy to play through at all.
I honestly don't understand why people like it other than mixing abilities.
It's
>Sluggish as hell
>laggy as hell (input lag and ending lag)
>got boring level design
>most abilities are nerfed to shit for some reason, e.g spike has like 3 seconds end lag, burning actually gets weaker the more you use it
>most mix abilities are either clumsy or useless
>Anti-puzzles involving superficial solutions like picking up an ability from one level and using it in another or looking in the most unconventional places for crystal sharts
>>
I'm running through Triple Deluxe quickly to start Planet Robobot as soon as possible. Should I keep going or take my time with Triple Deluxe?
>>
>>342664626
>Playing Triple Trash

Just skip it and move on to Planet Robobot.
>>
>>342664694
>Triple Trash
nice meme lad
>>
File: Haltmann.gif (4 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
Haltmann.gif
4 MB, 450x253
>Haltmann's soul gets erased during the soul OS fight
>>
>>342664626
I preferred robobot, but they are both good. If you have both, I suggest moving on. Maybe come back to triple deluxe later.
>>
>>342664605
>Anti-puzzles involving superficial solutions like picking up an ability from one level and using it in another or looking in the most unconventional places for crystal sharts
that's every Kirby up to 64 though
>>
>>342665023
I want to finish these smaller games to open space on the sd card for Senran Kagura
>>
File: FUCK.gif (2 MB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.gif
2 MB, 400x265
>>342658332
>Had difficulty fighting whispy wood
>somehow fucking aced miracle matter.
>>
File: DL3_Batamon.png (25 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
DL3_Batamon.png
25 KB, 256x224
So why do Batamons look so similar to Kirby, and why do they only appear in inaccessible areas?
It's mysterious.
>>
File: Bouncy org.gif (1 MB, 438x459) Image search: [Google]
Bouncy org.gif
1 MB, 438x459
>yfw you got wheel in robot form
>>
>>342665058
No Kibry game before 64 abused that idea so shamelessly.
Look at Super Star.
All the Treasure Chests in GCO were hidden behind intelligent puzzles, or were just in hidden little rooms. They were hardly ever hidden in places which you'd never think to look, nor were they ever hidden in bullshit little fences which you needed abilities for. If you needed an ability for one, it involved something more interesting than
>green wall=use cutter you bint
Dreamland 3's Heartstar puzzles were nothing like 64's, not even in the slightest. They revolved around unique and in my opinion, fun and interesting gimmicks like figuring out what to do with the flowers, completing a midlevel minigame, returning an item to a character at the end of the level,playing through the level with a specific animal buddy, etc.
Dreamland and Adventure didn't really have significant hidden challenges or collectibles.
I can't speak for Dreamland 2, never played it.
>>
File: 1446018626285.png (126 KB, 498x499) Image search: [Google]
1446018626285.png
126 KB, 498x499
>>342665575
reanimated kirby corpses put into prisons for being unkillable retarded abominations
>>
>>342665882
>They revolved around unique and in my opinion, fun and interesting gimmicks like figuring out what to do with the flowers, completing a midlevel minigame, returning an item to a character at the end of the level,playing through the level with a specific animal buddy, etc.
They were the same, but you didn't like 64 overall so you're biased against it.
>>
>>342666128
>They were the same
Except they literally weren't.
When did you ever need to cater to flowers in a specific way in order to complete a puzzle?
When did you ever need to complete a level with an animal buddy in 64 to complete a puzzle?
When did you ever need to complete a minigame to complete a puzzle?
When did you ever need to return an item to someone to complete a puzzle?
Saying I'm biased isn't an argument, it's an irrelevant and cynical statement.
The fact of the matter is, very rarely did the puzzles in 64 go beyond ability walls and out-of- the-way niches.
>>
File: KDL3_Boxart.jpg (56 KB, 490x346) Image search: [Google]
KDL3_Boxart.jpg
56 KB, 490x346
>>342665882
>No Kibry game before 64 abused that idea so shamelessly.
>bring the right animal buddy or you have to do the whole level again
>bring the right animal buddy and don't lose it or you have to do the whole level again
>keep the right ability to use at a specific time or you have to do the whole level again
>take the right fork in the road to find the thing or you have to do the whole level again
>play the minigame and don't make a single mistake or you have to do the whole level over again
>the ROB level in general
DL3 levels are significantly longer than any in Superstar or 64.
>>
>>342665882
>They were hardly ever hidden in places which you'd never think to look, nor were they ever hidden in bullshit little fences which you needed abilities for
>Cut the ropes to drop a platform to enter a secret room
>Use stone or hammer to activate this switch
>Use stone to get past this water current and get a chest
>Use Burning Leo to activate this underwater fuse

Those hints have always existed in Kirby, 64 just used them most of the time because of all the ability combinations you get.
>>
>>342666445
none of those are "puzzles", though. all Kirby "puzzles" are immediately self-evident, so there's no thought involved aside from having the right ability.

This goes for every single kirby game, no exceptions. They're not complex games.
>>
>>342658332
One of the dream land games for the game boy. Also probably one of the first games I actually beat.
>>
>>342665802
HE'S
I really wish there would've been a race against another mecha like heavy lobster or something though. Shit would've been so hype.
>>
>>342658332
Super Star, and yes. I liked all of the inputs it gave you for different skills, and I liked the Helper system. And Marx was cool. So was NOVA.
>>
>>342666472
>bring the right animal buddy or you have to do the whole level again
>bring the right animal buddy and don't lose it or you have to do the whole level again
Except the level picture shows you which one you need to bring so it's not cumbersome or annoying.
>keep the right ability to use at a specific time or you have to do the whole level again
>take the right fork in the road to find the
thing or you have to do the whole level again
Very rarely is that the case for a puzzle.
Never in my playthroughs of 3 have I ever come into a level and come across something which I was totally unprepared for because of some kind of cheap level design.
>play the minigame and don't make a single mistake or you have to do the whole level over again
Because minigames=ability walls and overly niche/out-of-the-way places
>the ROB level in general
See above
>>
File: 1400346524689.jpg (25 KB, 164x152) Image search: [Google]
1400346524689.jpg
25 KB, 164x152
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28618122
Can anyone tell me how the fuck he's doing that Parasol shit

Like, what the fuck
>>
Anyone else's thumb really hurt after that multi part final boss?
>>
Kirby swallows Doomguy
What changes?
>>
>>342665882
>All the Treasure Chests in GCO were hidden behind intelligent puzzles
>cut the rope, cutter and sword are in this same room
>pound the stake or break the rocks underwater that only rock can get to, don't have it go get it and walk all the way back
>here's three abilities that can get you past the wind, just pick whatever

>Dreamland 3's Heartstar puzzles were nothing like 64's
Yeah, they were actually worse since the vast majority of the "puzzles" were literally walking into the NPC and getting to the end.
>>
>>342658332
My first Kirby game was Kirby's adventure
I got the game one day
>>
>>342667271
absolutely nothing
>>
>>342665802
alright, that HAS to be gashi gashi
>>
>>342667123
Damn, it's the same person who did that True Arena Circus Run
>>
>>342666868
Let's not get into the semantics of the word puzzle, you know what I mean.
The CHALLENGES (does that satisfy you) are definitely very different from game to game.
Great Cave Offensive really did contain actual puzzles. In one, you needed to create a helper in order to light a fuse underwater. Or sometimes, rather than a puzzle, it's a micro challenge, like avoiding all the Sleep ability stands, or getting through one of those "switch" puzzles, with all the little buttons.
>>342666731
I never said ability puzzles didn't exist but they were never as lazy as ability walls in 64, and you never needed to bakctrack that far in order to get the right ability. My point is, in 64 it's all very samey, unoriginal and simply doesn't feel fun to do, in my opinion anyway. There's nothing inherently wrong with generic ability walls but they're personally not my thing.
>>
>>342667357
See
>>342667567
>>
>>342656919
Since Dolphin 5 is out, does it run well?

I remember enjoying Kirby 64.
>>
>>342667667
No, fuck off. You're not dismissing every post pointing out your cherrypicking by going SEE THIS.
>>
File: adeleinesticker.png (14 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
adeleinesticker.png
14 KB, 128x128
Still waiting for a real appearance. And BOY am I sick of waiting.
>>
File: hi i'm the worst thing ever.png (17 KB, 145x109) Image search: [Google]
hi i'm the worst thing ever.png
17 KB, 145x109
>>342667567
>In one, you needed to create a helper in order to light a fuse underwater. Or sometimes, rather than a puzzle, it's a micro challenge, like avoiding all the Sleep ability stands, or getting through one of those "switch" puzzles, with all the little buttons.
The problem here is that those are the only ones that stand out. They were actually puzzles. Everything else was hit X with Y ability.
>but they were never as lazy as ability walls in 64
Get to spot, use ability, move on.
>and you never needed to bakctrack that far in order to get the right ability
You did if the level didn't have that ability and like 64, you sometimes couldn't return to a previous area. This actually gets more annoying since certain animal buddies affected your movement and it was easier to lose an ability or even your whole buddy. 64 is slow, but the level design accommodates Kirby's one speed.
>>
nyet
>>
>>342667715
Okay. The exact quote I wanted you to read is right here for you, princess.
>I never said ability puzzles didn't exist but they were never as lazy as ability walls in 64, and you never needed to bakctrack that far in order to get the right ability. My point is, in 64 it's all very samey, unoriginal and simply doesn't feel fun to do, in my opinion anyway. There's nothing inherently wrong with generic ability walls but they're personally not my thing.
And I don't think you know what cherry picking is. I honestly don't get why people are saying 64, 3 and ss' puzzles were all the same when they literally weren't. People are getting bent out of shape because I didn't like 64's. like fair enough have an opinion, I'm not being objective here.
>>
>>342667567
>The CHALLENGES (does that satisfy you) are definitely very different from game to game
Not really. Most are essentially ability walls, even in Robobot.
>>
File: A REAL MAN.png (212 KB, 459x480) Image search: [Google]
A REAL MAN.png
212 KB, 459x480
>>342667982
you think you know true pain

with a little painter baby

I didn't get a COOL FISTS ROBOT

WHY
>>
>>342658332
Superstar classic or Adventure.
RtDL deserves an honorable mention though. What a great game.
>>
>>342668350
Probably would've made a better boss than fucking Holo Defense API.
>>
>>342664095
I never see them as easy. Just comfy.
They really can be challenging when they want to be though that's for damn sure.
>>
>>342668260
>I honestly don't get why people are saying 64, 3 and ss' puzzles were all the same when they literally weren't
The puzzles aren't exactly the same, the execution is. It's a Kirby staple.
>go to spot
>use ability
>collect thing
>finish stage
I think the ROB stage someone mentioned earlier is actually a good example of how to make a puzzle, even if it was a little long. You swap through multiple partners and abilities, sometimes in one area.
>>
>>342668117
>The problem here is that those are the only ones that stand out. They were actually puzzles. Everything else was hit X with Y ability.
Sorry, did you want me to write out every single micro challenge and puzzle? Like fuck. Even with the large amount of ability challenges in ss, at least the ability needed was always right next to the blockade or near by, minus literally ONE puzzle in the castle involving the hammer an fire, one of the harder challenges.
>You did if the level didn't have that ability and like 64, you sometimes couldn't return to a previous area. This actually gets more annoying since certain animal buddies affected your movement and it was easier to lose an ability or even your whole buddy. 64 is slow, but the level design accommodates Kirby's one speed.
Again, ability walls are not even common in 3. And usually the ability WILL be in the level where it's needed, ex. in a level where you need to sweep the floor, the sweep ability is in the level.
>but they were never as lazy as ability walls in 64
>Get to spot, use ability, move on.
I don't know about you but a literal wall of a certain colour is a lot lazier than sweeping up dirt, cleaning flowers, or cutting rope. It may be largely cosmetic but it's still not the same thing, which was my point.
>>
>>342658332
dreamland 2 was my first. today its still solid like nes adventure.
superstar is my fav for the sheer amount of content offered, and helper multiplayer.
>>
Someone post that KSSU webm of the Waddle Doo going nuclear.
>>
>>342668680
But I've literally already explained this. I've acknowledged that "ability walls" still exist in most games, but they're still not the same thing. A literal wall is not the same as a rope, or a candle, and often in other games, the "wall" will involve more than simply using the ability.
My whole point was simply that the puzzles in 64 are not the same as in all other Kirby games, even if they're not radically different, the execution really does make them feel vastly different. 64's version of ability walls are way more cumbersome than any other Kirby game's.
And at least in other Kirby games there is MORE than just ability walls.
>>
File: p46810684_p19.png (149 KB, 700x798) Image search: [Google]
p46810684_p19.png
149 KB, 700x798
Not caught up with this talk of puzzles, but I think there's a key difference between a stationary block weak to a specific ability and something that requires a specific move execution to activate

They're both "use ability", but one of them takes advantage of the abilities properties , not just its existence.

Random RtDL example: having to time Spark up attacks properly in that egg engines stage. Spark is given to you basically, but you have to use it properly.
K64 example: the awesome electric ball and chain has to touch a stationary colored wall with nothing else in the way. Its about having the ability up to that point, but doesn't really care how you attack the wall or what the ability does.

Also sometimes you might find some alternate solutions are possible when things aren't restricted so much, I did a Poison puzzle with mirror while replaying a level.
>>
>>342657638
Anything?
>>
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 619x939) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 619x939
>>342666945
That's some Sonic CD stuff right there!
>>
>>342669680
Fucking finally, someone else gets it.
>>
>>342669820
Shit, Rhythm Route did look a lot like Stardust Speedway didn't it?
>>
>>342669681

I know someone dumped some links like a week ago, but the archives don't want to work for me right now.
>>
>>342669681
I sadly haven't seen a download ever posted, and I can't seem to find any either

Really sucks cause bastards have ripped it onto youtube already, so its not like its impossible to get and just make a good download for it
>>
is robobot pack with the amiibo worth 50 dollarydoos /v/?
>>
File: fgh6sogvh1odp0aum16h.jpg (60 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
fgh6sogvh1odp0aum16h.jpg
60 KB, 800x450
>>342665882
>>342666128
The majority of 64's crystal shards are actually just there to pick up after minibosses or in the open. Colored blocks aren't in every level and the maximum is one. It has very few legitimately tricky shards like the one involving transforming into Rick to scale the wall, which would confuse anyone who didn't play DL3, and the infamous red and brown rock in the volcano.

DL3 has 9 levels that simply require you to get to the end with the right ability or buddy. One requires obtaining Nago from another level. There are 4 multiple choice minigames and 4 "ability wall" sections.

Both are boring.
Just felt like sharing.
>>
>>342670884
>The maximum is one.
Wrong. Aqua Star 3 had two colored blocks, the 1st and 3rd shard.
>>
File: 20160624_230930.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160624_230930.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Someone yesterday asked to see my Kirby shrine, so here it is. Not pictured are most games, a Kirby plush, and a Waddle-Dee plush.

>>342658332
First was 64, it's my all-time favorite game

>>342668562
The Pix reference was nice but Holo Defense API has to be the laziest boss in a Kirby game yet, which is a shame because Robobot is otherwise fantastic in terms of bosses.
>>
File: mega kirby.jpg (171 KB, 1079x714) Image search: [Google]
mega kirby.jpg
171 KB, 1079x714
>>342658332
My first was Dreamland for the Gameboy, but never managed to finish it

Favorite is Robobot, full package was just fun to play. Only other Kirby game I recall playing and finishing is Tilt n Tumble.
>>
File: KatRC_Dark_Crafter.jpg (62 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
KatRC_Dark_Crafter.jpg
62 KB, 800x450
>>342671254
>Holo Defense API has to be the laziest boss in a Kirby game yet
I dunno, Dark Crafter's pretty high on the list. And it's a final boss.
>>
File: img000001.png (4 MB, 2934x1360) Image search: [Google]
img000001.png
4 MB, 2934x1360
I posted this in another more dead thread but I'll say it again here. The "Kirby of the Stars: The Legend of King Dedede in Dream Land"/"Hoshi no Kirby: Dedede de Pupupu na Monogatari" manga is finally getting translated.
http://goldenrozescans.com/2016/06/22/new-series-kirbys-adventure-v01-c001/

>>342658332
I played Super Star first. I actually had this weird old program that had a collection emulators & roms, I think it was called PlayNow or something? Anyways, I played Super Star in Japanese through it & that's how I got into the series, afterwards I got Kirby's Adventure and then Super Star legitimately & loved the series since. Now I have all the main series games, still a big goal to get them all though eventually.
>>
>>342671737
At least Dark Crafter isn't 75% reused assets
>>
>>342671737
Ah, Dark Crafter.
Had the potential to be an epic final boss, but his lack of a moveset killed it.
>>
>>342671890
True, but at least Holo Defense API provides 4 fights with varied moves, even if they are recycled.
And it's not a final boss.
>>
>>342670884
Coloured blocks were in the majority of the levels in 64. Others were as you said, from minibosses, or were in the open, though there are tons of ability walls in 64, more than I can actually remember without looking them all up.
Even if many were after minibosses or were in the open, that still doesn't really justify the claim that 64's ability walls were exactly the same as the ones found in the rest of the franchise or that they were any less abundant, there are still a shit load in 64.
In 3, never did the ability puzzles feel so aggravating, boring, or just generally as annoying as those in 64, though that's just my opinion. 3 had plenty of non generic ability wall puzzles, and even when it did have them they still weren't the literal same thing as a coloured wall. The point is they were different enough for people to prefer one over the other, e.g, me. I find 64's extremely boring and lazily done but I will quite happily do the ones in 3 because they don't feel as frustrating or drawn out.
>>
>>342658332
Nightmare in Dreamland for the GBA
>>
>>342671997
At least Dark Crafter had a 10/10 theme and was from the one WiiU Kirby game
>>
>>342671997
But the Holo Defense API isn't even an original fight. It's a rehash of Adeleine's battles, but they don't even bother to reference her in the fight.
>>
>>342672102
At least Holo Defense API is in a good game.
>>
>>342671254
>dreamland 3 in the box
Mad jealous
>>
>>342672273
Same. Shit. I only have the cart myself.
>>
>>342672208
>Implying Rainbow Curse is bad
That is highly debatable. It has issues but isn't terrible.
>>
Post covers/arranges/remixes

This is a pretty sick cover of Magolor's themes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGsF31iZqs
>>
File: Orbservor_artwork_2.png (60 KB, 170x171) Image search: [Google]
Orbservor_artwork_2.png
60 KB, 170x171
>>342671254
>>342671737
no i am
>>
>>342656919
What's with all the Vanilla games lately? Two vanilla games on 3DS is pretty fucking lame, when are we going to get something creative out of HAL?

Rainbow Curse was fun, but it was still just a sequel
>>
>>342672273
>>342672330
I got really lucky, I walked into a retro gamestore randomly without any intention to buy anything, and there it was. Even the store owner was shocked to find the game CIB, he said when it was brought in they suspected it was just the box!

For SNES I also have Dream Course CIB
>>
File: 1422939223050.png (275 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1422939223050.png
275 KB, 800x600
>>342671997
>>342672102
If anything Claycia was awesome (IMO) so he's not alone in the final boss gauntlet

>>342672180
>but they don't even bother to reference her in the fight
Oh ffs, it makes direct references to Pix and brings back Ice Dragon, no one says they HAVE to make a reference to Adeleine in any case
>>
File: Nostalgia.jpg (66 KB, 745x419) Image search: [Google]
Nostalgia.jpg
66 KB, 745x419
>>342658332
Kirby's Adventure was my first one. To this day, it is my favorite NES game and retro game in general. It makes me feel very nostalgic, to be honest.
>>
>>342672510
Mind me asking how much it cost ya?
>>
>>342672627
$180
I have no idea what it goes for these days, I got it two years ago
>>
>>342672510
Why such an issue with mainline titles? I can't get enough of the mainline games to be honest.
>>342672706
That's about half of what it costs now.
>>
>>342672557
He's just mad she's a sticker.
>>
>>342672756
think your first quote is wrong m8
But jesus christ it's really hit 300? highest i saw it when I was looking around was $250

Im scared to get Super Star Stacker
>>
>>342672557
Perhaps not, but IMO it would have let me tolerate the boss fight.
Though I guess it IS better than the Dream Land 3 fight. That battle was AWFUL.
>>
>>342672956
Oh it is wrong. was meant for >>342672483
But yes. I've seen them go as high as 400.
>>
>>342673120
DL3 that is. I have no idea how much a full copy of super star stacker would be.
>>
>>342672483
>when are we going to get something creative out of HAL?
Boxboy, also next year we're likely to get a spin-off
>>
>>342673243
DREAM COURSE 2 BABYYYYYYYY
>>
File: KDC_Mix_icon.png (4 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
KDC_Mix_icon.png
4 KB, 64x64
>>342671997
Honestly, I hate the Holo Defense API because it's all the things I've grown to dislike as one boss fight.
>Doomers that overstayed their welcome in their own game
>Ice Dragon, though nice to sort of see in 3D, has already been used twice as fodder for the equally lazy artist fights
>Coily Rattler moves too much, really sticks out from the selection
>based on Pix, the fight that has you playing obstacle course for two minutes before it even starts
I don't care for Kracko.
>>
File: 1466403595847.png (6 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1466403595847.png
6 KB, 100x100
>>
File: kirby_stamp13.gif (174 KB, 320x270) Image search: [Google]
kirby_stamp13.gif
174 KB, 320x270
>>342672405
Am I the only one who thinks the music's timing and rhythm, especially after 1:30, matches with Magolor's name syllables? Like, how the music is repeating "Magolor".

Ma-go-lor, Ma-go-lor, Ma, go, lor. Something like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 319x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 319x299
>>342673602
Absolute madman
>>
File: 472.png (101 KB, 451x505) Image search: [Google]
472.png
101 KB, 451x505
What makes Robobot so much better than Triple Deluxe? I just finished TD last night and I was unimpressed/spoiler].
>>
>>342673959
You don't have to watch a cutscene of Kirby's mouth every level followed by repeating glorified inhales to move big items out of the way until you get to the door and unmute your 3DS.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>342673959
What did you not like about TD?
>>
File: 1466472186489.gif (1 MB, 540x285) Image search: [Google]
1466472186489.gif
1 MB, 540x285
>>342673959
The robobot is a non-pace breaker compared to hypernova. Level design is also a little better and the stickers are more well hidden than keychains were, while also telling you what level rare stickers are located in. I'd argue the bosses are a lot better too, but that's subjective.

Also Meta Knightmare >>>>> Dedede Tour
>>
>>342673619
Ha, yes I can see that actually.
>>
>>342658332
First Kirby game for me was Dreamland which I played on a buddy's Gameboy Pocket during afterschool program. After that, I went out to buy it from a Babbage's but all they had in stock was Kirby pinball which I bought anyways and surprisingly liked a lot. Later on I got Crystal Shards for the 64 and fell in love with the games ever since. Nightmare in Dreamland, Air Ride, Squeak Squad and all of that much later. Been really into the franchise since Return to Dreamland and Epic Yarn
>>
>>342674330
I agree on the hypernova vs robobot power because the robobot power mixing was excellent and what I've been looking for. On the other hand, I enjoyed DeDeDe Tour much more than Meta Knightmare run since I didn't feel like there was much skill involved when you could one-shot all sub-bosses and spam spin attack on enemies without taking damage yourself.

I also enjoyed Triple Deluxe more because the areas were more varied than all being obviously robot themed and TD had better remixes and nostalgic levels.
>>
>>342658332
Kirby's DL2

Can't say. Was too shit at the time to get all the rainbow drops, and when I wanted to try again turns out my brother lost the game,

Best memories are prob with KSS. I think there are better games though.
>>
>>342671997
>>342673587
Personally I'd swap out Kracko and Coily Rattler, they already had recent battles, and Kracko especially has been fought enough times.

As for who I'd put in their place, I'd probably go with Dyna Blade and Acro.
>>
>>342674316
I think it was mostly how easy it was. I realize it's Kirby but still. The later levels and bosses weren't so bad I guess. Also fuck hypernova.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 750x548) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 750x548
Borb amiibo is nice, I like the metallic shine on his mask and shoes.
>>
File: Copy Abilities.png (4 MB, 1600x1680) Image search: [Google]
Copy Abilities.png
4 MB, 1600x1680
What a better for a Kirby thread.
I was just finishing these little compilations. I'm sure some people here are gonna like them, even though pretty much everyone has already seen them. I just thought they'd look better this way.
I'm starting with triple deluxe, and then I'll move on to planet robobot.
>>
>>342672405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L170GdJU8Ak

these orchestral renditions are classic
>>
>>342674716
>one-shot all sub-bosses and spam spin attack on enemies without taking damage yourself
but dedede could do that too
>>
>>342674960
That theme is fucking great especially in the casino setting
>>
>>342674980
Maybe I was just playing D3 differently then. I just remember spamming flame hammer for the damage
>>
File: 1425943366755.jpg (175 KB, 502x1748) Image search: [Google]
1425943366755.jpg
175 KB, 502x1748
>>342673959
I feel like anon so far have made good points but at the end of the day if TD wasn't your cup of tea Robobot probably won't do that much better

Though I have seen some people say Robobot has Triple Deluxe for lunch and shits on its grave, they're more alike than different in my opinion
>>
>>342674330
this
tho kirby fighters>team kirby clash
but i did like the 3d rumble better then drum dash but i hate rhythm games in general
>>
File: Copy Ability Collage.png (2 MB, 1600x1680) Image search: [Google]
Copy Ability Collage.png
2 MB, 1600x1680
>>342674923
Robobot ones were already done, though this one is missing UFO so you could add that.
>>
File: KSSU_Boxart.png (342 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
KSSU_Boxart.png
342 KB, 400x357
>>342658332
I probably wouldn't care for Kirby that much if this wasn't my first game.
>>
>>342664605
Good visuals, good music, great atmosphere, great characters, good level design, fun powers, fun mini games, great bosses, decent pacing. The game is slow, but I don't see why that's a bad thing. The game isn't designed for you to go fast, it feels natural.
>>
>>342675085
Down B and dash spin made him invulnerable. Also, Meta Knight needs to kill things to fill up his super moves while Triple D always has his satisfying fire smack.
>>
File: Robomodes.png (961 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
Robomodes.png
961 KB, 1200x960
>>342674923
>>342675246
And here are the ones for the robobot.
>>
>>342674923
I just can't deal with how much I hate the Bomb and Stone hats. Recolors were lame, but the new ones are just shit.
>>
>>342675601
I don't like the new bomb hat either :(
>>
File: Story + Kirby Fighters Deluxe.png (3 MB, 1600x1440) Image search: [Google]
Story + Kirby Fighters Deluxe.png
3 MB, 1600x1440
>>342674923
Next one on the list is the story drescriptions from triple deluxe, including the descriptions for the boss fights from Kirby fighters deluxe.

>>342675362
>>342675246
Yeah, I also made updated those two lists. They'll come right after this one.
>>
>>342658332
64's my favorite. I'm biased because it's the first kirby game i played but i frankly don't care.
>>
File: p48123305_p0.png (395 KB, 1378x852) Image search: [Google]
p48123305_p0.png
395 KB, 1378x852
>>342674868
Have you tried the xtra modes? a lot of Kirby's challenge and difficulty is reserved towards the end and optional challenged

Dedede tour is not only speedrun focused around Dedede, it also features harder revisions of all bosses, and The Arena and subsequently the True Arena really make you use your abilities to their full extent as dying sends you back to the beginning The Arenas are easy to cheese with certain OP abilities but there's little fun in that and can be slow if you're too defensive with invincible states
>>
File: wishing.jpg (854 KB, 1024x2570) Image search: [Google]
wishing.jpg
854 KB, 1024x2570
>>342663397
The 3DS Kirbies and ALBW are really great.

And Majora's Mask 3D was my first time playing MM and I'm still on a fucking high from that.
>>
>Kracko will never give up the fight!
Now that I think about it. You do fight him a lot. Even in spinoffs.
>>
File: Copy Abilities.png (2 MB, 1600x1680) Image search: [Google]
Copy Abilities.png
2 MB, 1600x1680
>>342675678
Finally, planet robobot.
First, the copy abilities, now including the UFO ability.
>>
File: 1408472165989.jpg (16 KB, 612x566) Image search: [Google]
1408472165989.jpg
16 KB, 612x566
>>342675678
A+ shit, I'm surprised no one made something like this sooner instead of having to post off screen pictures or copy paste from the wiki, it'll be really convenient having it complied this way
>>
>>342676212
Just thought of something, you might want to fit Dedede Tour and Metaknightmare default pause descriptions into some of these
>>
>>342676134
>Kracko spin off game when
>>
File: Robobot Modes.png (2 MB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
Robobot Modes.png
2 MB, 1600x960
>>342676212
It's time for the Robobot Armor abilities, or as the game likes to call them, modes. I decided to include the last drill mode, even though it's not really a complete transformation like the others.

>>342676310
I'm glad you liked them. It was fun playing these games again to get these screens. The only bad part was having to wait all that time for Miiverse to upload the screenshoots to my album.

>>342676479
I didn't know where to put those two, so instead i'll drop them here after I post the other collections
>>
>>342658332
First one I technically played was the original Dreamland. First one I owned was Triple Deluxe. My parents hated video games so I only was able to own them after I left.
>>
>>342675678
Thanks for these, I love the pause screens
>>
File: Story.png (4 MB, 1600x2160) Image search: [Google]
Story.png
4 MB, 1600x2160
>>342676884

And now for the biggest one yet, the Planet Robobot Lore Dump, including pretty much every wall of text found in the game. Enjoy
After this, I'll upload all the other screens I couldn't put in any of these mosaics.
>>
>>342677737
thanks for these anon
based as fuck
>>
>>342667123
How the fuck is he doing that?
>>
File: 1401771668760.jpg (36 KB, 438x254) Image search: [Google]
1401771668760.jpg
36 KB, 438x254
>>342658332
first actual Kirby game (i.e. not Smash) was SSU, I'd say I found a pretty good game to get me into the series
>>
File: 2hu questions you.png (113 KB, 525x550) Image search: [Google]
2hu questions you.png
113 KB, 525x550
>>342677737
>8.6 billion Haltmanns
I wonder how much that would be in conventional currency. Also thanks, this is good stuff.
>>
>>342678152
Meme magic.
>>
File: 1462167806508.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
1462167806508.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>342656919
>100% the game
>that bonus video
>>
File: Other Modes.png (812 KB, 1600x480) Image search: [Google]
Other Modes.png
812 KB, 1600x480
>>342677737
Time for the last two collections. Sorry if I'm taking too much time between each one, I'm still finishing each one before posting.
>>
>>342678202
It's probably based on yen currency.
>>
>>342678710
>All this flavor text in Kumazaki Kirby games
I love it so much
>>
>>342656919
The only Kirby game I've played is Squeak Squad, am I missing out on any good Kirby games?
>>
>>342678741
Ah. Still pretty pricey but less so than if it was CD or US dollars.
>>
>>342678941
yes
>>
>>342678941

SS is generally considered mediocre for a Kirby game.
>>
>>342678941
Yeah.
>>
File: Other Modes.png (392 KB, 1600x240) Image search: [Google]
Other Modes.png
392 KB, 1600x240
>>342678710
Aaaaaaaaand it's done. I hope everyone liked them.
One last thing though, I haven't played Return to Dreamland, so I wanna know if that game also has this type of descriptions, seeing that game was also directed by Kumazaki.
>>
File: Kirby Flowchart 2.2.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2234) Image search: [Google]
Kirby Flowchart 2.2.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2234
>>342678941
Super Star/Super Star Ultra is the fan favorite of the series. Try that one next if you plan to play more of the series. That or Adventure.
>>
>>342677737

>All of Haltmann's memories have been deleted from the OS. Even his soul--the last trace of Haltmann--has vanished.

I know Kirby villains usually get fucked up super hard, but I feel really bad for Haltmann. At least Magalor was evil from the start, and Sectonia was fully corrupted by the mirror.
>>
>>342678941
Squeak Squad is regarded the worst mainline Kirby game by many. I liked it a lot still but there's definitely better games out there.
>>
>>342679323
You are generally considered mediocre for a 4chan poster. But you're right
>>
File: kirby master chief.png (252 KB, 900x676) Image search: [Google]
kirby master chief.png
252 KB, 900x676
>>342679487
>pink demon
>>
>>342679487
I think? It's been awhile. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it does.

But hey I might be wrong here.
>>
File: p.png (119 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
p.png
119 KB, 640x480
>>342679648
>>
>>342679487
Are you the guy who was uploading hi-res sceeencaps? Do you have all the stones?
>>
File: p57501998_p11.png (56 KB, 382x264) Image search: [Google]
p57501998_p11.png
56 KB, 382x264
>>342678710
I realized recently why they dropped the "final 4" motif in the Robobot True Arena description, its because its on a set order instead of randomly until the final ones

It was nice to see them mix up the arena structure though, the set order and how they supply healing items and abilities
>>
>>342679760
They look like Exploud in Doom 4
>>
File: hair.png (248 KB, 577x400) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
248 KB, 577x400
>>342679487
RtDL didn't have as many, IIRC just the the final bosses (regular and EX/Soul), HR-D3 and Galacta Knight, but they where there

There's also magolor's dialogue but the 100% one is the only one relevant to deepest lore
>>
>>342679532
I enjoyed Squeak Squad more than Amazing Mirror. Amazing Mirror had many useless copy abilities and felt more primitive like Nightmare in Dreamland, while Squeak Squad was a step in the direction to bring the series closer to the Super Star standard.
>>
File: 1466806391203.jpg (87 KB, 646x646) Image search: [Google]
1466806391203.jpg
87 KB, 646x646
>>342679806
No, I'm not that anon, but I do have a link he shared on a past thread, full of screenshots of the true arena, up to Star Dream Soul OS.

http://imgur.com/a/FgZcn
Remember that you can include ''/zip'' at the end of any Imgur album to download it in a rar file
>>
>>342675601
New bomb hat is okay but I preferred Poppy Bros hat, pretty sure sword was a rrcolor of that but it's thr more popular hat, so. New stone woukd be good if Kirby turned brown, changing colors with some abilities should have never been dropped. New ninja looks the worst. Awful compared to the one in Super Stat.
>>
>>342679323
for a second i thought you meant super star by SS
>>
>>342680382
>no stones
>>
>>342680531

I don't think I've ever seen someone not abbreviate it as KSS.
>>
>>342667123
>>342678152
The air jitter thing? up-down-up-down-up-down rapidly while descending. Don't know how he does it so fast, though
>>
>>342679806
>>342680697
Right, what do you mean by stones?
>>
>that great music
>that great art
>that weird but interesting atmosphere
>those cute cutscenes
>that great cast
>that good level design
>those great boss fights

>other playable characters were cut
>pretty short, could use more levels
>dark star was only a short section and not a full world
>some puzzles are tedious/obtuse
>concept art makes it look like a lot was cut
I have a real weird relationship with crystal shards, sometimes I say its my favorite kirby game other times I feel like it was wasted potential.
>>
>>342680782
Just based on the pose he takes I don't think its that, the parasol isn't closing and he seems to go down diagonally. He's like rapidly starting and canceling the dive through some dark magic
>>
File: 1514125_p0.png (676 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1514125_p0.png
676 KB, 1024x1024
>>342681284
>dark star was only a short section and not a full world
That was a shame.

>>some puzzles are tedious/obtuse
True,

Seeing 64's beta stuff is interesting.
>>
>>342681284
A lot WAS cut. You were originally going to play as the entire team.
>>
After finishing it today i can say i still like Super Star better. I liked the ride armor, the gurren laggan refferences in the final boss were fine i guess but unnecessary, Kirby dont need to take pages from somewhere else to be great.
>>
File: 1465655475787.png (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465655475787.png
62 KB, 500x500
>>342681284
>75 or so enemy cards to collect
>Only 20 levels

Keychains and stickers didn't feel nearly as tedious as this.
>>
thread better be still up by 5am ET
>>
>>342682072
Been awhile, do enemy cards have any info on them other then a number, name, and the enemy model? I think them being optional and not required to 100% the game is a sign they knew they were bullshit.
>>
>>342663906
>>Smash
now how about them buffs for mr. perfect?
>>
File: best friends.png (48 KB, 204x213) Image search: [Google]
best friends.png
48 KB, 204x213
>>342681989
>the gurren laggan refferences
Gurren Laggan didn't invent robots with drills.
>>
File: p45918313.jpg (97 KB, 823x900) Image search: [Google]
p45918313.jpg
97 KB, 823x900
>>342681284
I feel you, its specially been getting more criticism lately I've criticized it for a while before that but I think its in good heart, I could say as many thing against it as I want but I'd be lying if there isn't something special there that keeps it beloved and in in people's hearts, I can still go back to it and enjoy myself as much as I can with other Kirby titles, any era. I literally don't have any memories of when I hadn't played it, I was that young, so maybe I can't bring myself to ever hate it due to familiarity, but I don't think its that

I think stuff was cut but dammed if I was fooled otherwise most of my life, goes to show how much love HAL and its creators can put into these to make them stand out under any circumstances
>>
>>342682372
All it showed was an random enemy.

What was most bullshit about the cards was the fact you could only get one card at the end of a stage. Period.
>>
>>342682372

I think the only other thing they had was an ability icon if the enemy gave one.
>>
File: NIGGERED.jpg (80 KB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
NIGGERED.jpg
80 KB, 320x362
>>342665802
>period joke
>>
>>342656919
why are kirby games so easy OP? specially robobot
>>
>>342671869
Thanks for sharing! I've been waiting so long to see some of the old Kirby mangas translated.
>>
File: Enemy_cards.jpg (64 KB, 592x438) Image search: [Google]
Enemy_cards.jpg
64 KB, 592x438
>>342682072
Nope.
>having to get one at a time
>repeats possible
>Whispy was the last fucking card I got
>>
You faggots told me Milky Way Wishes was better than Great Cave Offensive.
>>
>>342681980
I hope we get a remake where we play as everyone, or 3ds ar ride with online for the 25th anniversary game
>>
File: knife.png (641 KB, 800x1184) Image search: [Google]
knife.png
641 KB, 800x1184
>>342682516
>Run through a level to the goal game as quick as possible.
>Land on the card.
>it's one i already have
>this happens five times in a row
>>
File: 57053965_p2.png (422 KB, 760x800) Image search: [Google]
57053965_p2.png
422 KB, 760x800
Nesupā is cute! Cute! CUTE!
>>
>>342682671
I feel like Milky Way Wishes is a little overrated. The levels aren't that memorable, the gimmick isn't really utilized, and it's immediately after you did a bunch of crazy shit on the Halberd.
>>
>>342682807
They have pretty cool designs.

I remember awhile back someone posted a piece of beta art for 64 showing kirby on some planet with giant vines and flowers. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Google isn't helping unfortunately.
>>
>>342681341
I bothered digging up my TD to check, you can do the air jitter thing by holding down and up simultaneously with the circle pad and d-pad. It's really fun to do on bosses
>>
>>342682501

I'm honestly just glad that Super Star became the foundation for the rest of the series instead of Dream Land.

I played Dream Land 3 after playing Robobot, and having literally only one attack per ability to make animal companions (or ability combining in 64) useful is such a drag.
>>
File: 1411369370378.jpg (24 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
1411369370378.jpg
24 KB, 420x500
>>342682686
Don't forget the part where Adeleine takes the center stage, in fact just remove everyone else, make it a fully Adeleine centric game, they haven't shoved her in our faces every game so they OWE us to GIVE US ADELEINE REEEEEEEE

And don't forget to make it a dating sim with sex scenes, such a pure loli cannot keep going to waste MAKE IT HAPPEN HAL YOU FRICKS
>>
>>342682982
Milky Way Wishes has the best atmosphere.
>>
>>342683241
I know you're falseflagging, but I do wonder if Adeleinefags are going to become Kirby's equivalent to Ashleyfags at some point.
>>
>>342683159
I don't mind the single attack abilities. The problem I had with Dream Land 3 is that it feels really stiff and clunky if you're just Kirby. It's like you HAVE to get an animal partner so Kirby can MOVE.
Even worse if you compare it to Super Star, which came earlier.
>>
>>342683423
Adeline fans are typically the degenerates of the group. Which is sad.
>>
>>342678614
ikr
>susie will never suck your cock while muffling the "The Noble Haltmann" anthem
>>
It's interesting how you can feel who directed a kirby game by the style of its final boss.
>Shimomura switches to shooter-style gameplay
>Sakurai likes rapid teleporting bosses
>Kumazaki makes as many phases to the boss as physically possible
>>
>>342683034
This? Looks like beta Neo Star
>>
File: Donut.jpg (70 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
Donut.jpg
70 KB, 625x625
>>342682807
>>>/i/475673
he need more lewds
>>
File: 53445.png (345 KB, 781x1117) Image search: [Google]
53445.png
345 KB, 781x1117
>>342683423
She's not even popular anon.
>>
File: p48889642_p6.png (250 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
p48889642_p6.png
250 KB, 800x600
>>342682671
>>342682982
Milky Way Wishes always felt to me like some extra padding until Marx/Nova to finish off the game, less iconic environments and reused bosses, definitely a weaker point of the multiple mode system

GCO's treasure collecting antics will always be the highlight for me, I love the adventuring atmosphere and getting lost, the tower is my best friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oL5QKNDT8g
I mean how could you NOT want to go explore ancient ruins when hearing this shit
>>
>>342683830
Wait, I'm stupid
That's just regular Neo Star
aaaaa
>>
>>342682632
I was never able to get all the keychains in Triple Deluxe because all the game would ever give me were repeats. I don't remember the enemy cards in 64 giving out nearly as many repeats as the keychains,
>>
File: sweating poyo.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sweating poyo.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
>>342683847

I didn't know it was possible to be sexually attracted to a donut.
>>
>>342680842
Stone ability.
>>
>>342683696

I hope Kumazaki gets to stay on for as long as possible, but I'm worried the next game might be just a bit stale if they don't find some way to change it up more from RtDL.
>>
File: 1457065534308.png (141 KB, 469x326) Image search: [Google]
1457065534308.png
141 KB, 469x326
HOLY SHIT

GUYS SOMEONE FOUND OUT THE SECOND PHASE OF THE STAR DREAM BATTLE THEME HAS A 02 REMIX
>>
>>342683830
Nah it was a drawing, thanks though.
>>
File: keke_by_brotoad-d7eps5j.png (142 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
keke_by_brotoad-d7eps5j.png
142 KB, 500x600
>>342683869

They should bring Keke back.
>>
>>342684109
Someone post the leavanny pic
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>342683882
>finally gets into Smash Bros.
>Crystal Area has to hog the 80% of the song because we don't have enough GREEN GREENS FUCK YOU WHY WOULD YOU NOT EVEN HAVE THE ORIGINAL SNES SONG ON THE STAGE IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY SUPER STAR SONGS ON IT BESIDES THAT WHO MADE THIS AWFUL ARRANGEMENT OF BUTTER BUILDING IT SOUNDS LIKE A REJECTED VGMUSIC SUBMISSION
>>
File: 51127510_p0.png (230 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
51127510_p0.png
230 KB, 560x582
>>342684524
Keke should be the popular Kirby girl. She's just so cute.
>>
>>342684303
The stone ability is included in each corresponding mosaic. I could upload them separately of you need thpugh.
>>
>>342684408
Shaddap lunarhalo24, you're really grasping for straws with all those posts
>>
HET
>>
File: kirby ultimate copy.jpg (91 KB, 1211x790) Image search: [Google]
kirby ultimate copy.jpg
91 KB, 1211x790
>>342684408
SOURCE
NOW
>>
File: 46854554_p0.jpg (284 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
46854554_p0.jpg
284 KB, 1024x1024
Ribbon is the best.
>>
File: 1391728470137.jpg (156 KB, 400x592) Image search: [Google]
1391728470137.jpg
156 KB, 400x592
>>342683869
>not even popular
The shitton of Adeleine art I've gotten from browsing Kirby threads over the years would prove otherwise, even if she's not as mentioned nowadays her fans are at least REALLY dedicated, I remember threads dedicated to her with fanart image dumps. Go on pixiv and look her up, she's probably got more art than Meta Knight.

Specially popular if you consider how she's only appeared in one game (arguably two) yet is regarded so highly, some loli magic K64 pulled, BiTF gave her more time with Kirby and co. than the games did.
>>
>>342683241
>make it a fully Adeleine centric game
My imagination is probably too active, but I can see that working well. Sort of how HAL transitioned from Lolo to Kirby, and how Wario got his own series alongside Mario, Adeleine's drawing ability has enough potential for her to be a great protaginist of her own game. It would need to be really inspired, creatove, polished, really different from how any Kirby game would play, and probably in a different yet similar setting, though. It would also need to be treaded like a big new game, not just a spin-off.

I could see it being like a mix of Majora's Mask, Okami, Scribblenauts, Graffiti Kingdom, and Wonderful 101. If you can imagine that.
>>
>>342683696
>Shimomura's games are comfy and somewhat melancholic
>Sakurai's are upbeat and exciting
>Kumazaki's takes aspects of the former two while establishing its own identity, and adds plenty of lore

I wonder if Sakurai and Shimomura ever argued over which direction they wanted the series to go.
>>
>>342683241
>And don't forget to make it a dating sim with sex scenes, such a pure loli cannot keep going to waste
If I had read that beforehand I would not have replied to you.
>>
File: 30146746_p0.png (302 KB, 909x743) Image search: [Google]
30146746_p0.png
302 KB, 909x743
>>
>>342684896
http://lunarhalo24.tumblr.com/post/145984697048/spoilers-for-kirby-planet-robobot-heres-a-fun
>>
File: 7020107_p0.png (119 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
7020107_p0.png
119 KB, 800x800
>>342684975
Admittedly. She does have pretty dedicated fans and I've always kinda liked her.
>>
>>342683620
Adofags are pretty chill from what I've seen, most like her as a character as they do Dedede and Kirby. Loved seeing them come out of the woodwork furing Smash 4's pre-release and ballot period. The worst character fans I've seen recently are Meta Knight's, which is a shame because I love that character too.
>>
File: img_8.jpg (78 KB, 520x675) Image search: [Google]
img_8.jpg
78 KB, 520x675
>>
>>342684762
Each statue? Post it please, I have always missed it I guess, sorry.
>>
File: Stretch_Paic_Japan.jpg (45 KB, 346x500) Image search: [Google]
Stretch_Paic_Japan.jpg
45 KB, 346x500
>>342685024
I was super false flagging but now that you mention it she totally would make for a great protagonist of a paint based game, in fact now she feels like Shimomura wanted to do that but instead had to just fit her into Kirby games.

If she had gotten a game it probably wouldn't have been that high profile, very niche and experimental and not often mentioned, but charming non the less

The thought really reminds me of Stretch Panic, I'm pretty sure I'm the only who has ever played it ignoring gam grumps and I'm Linda's only fan
>>
File: ss (2016-06-25 at 01.55.51).png (370 KB, 1880x462) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-25 at 01.55.51).png
370 KB, 1880x462
>>342684975
>Go on pixiv and look her up, she's probably got more art than Meta Knight.
She has a decent amount of art but no where near as much as the borb.
>>
File: chuchu1_400.png (49 KB, 352x344) Image search: [Google]
chuchu1_400.png
49 KB, 352x344
>>
>>342685370
>>342685581
Adeleine is probably really popular as she is the only human in the series.

Really she's just a cute painter girl and that's why I always liked her.
>>
File: lewd.png (253 KB, 550x700) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
253 KB, 550x700
>>342685581
>5th borb picture
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 189

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.