[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: valve.jpg (41 KB, 1240x826) Image search: [Google]
valve.jpg
41 KB, 1240x826
what went wrong?
>>
Nothing
>>
Pipes got clogged
>>
>>342654423
wew lad
>>
>>342654223
nothing
my penis crashed into your mother's snatch spectacularly
then 9 months later she gave birth to a retarded autistic son
>>
>we want the myspace audience
>>
Broke away from Sierra On-Line
Created Steam
>>
>>342654223
>HL3 dead
>DOTA
>>
Sorry, but Steam is not a place of premium BLACKED.com subscriptors
Smh Tbh Pham
>>
>>342654223
they stopped making games and started focusing on creating f2p/cheap games that practically vomit money out.

If you go back and watch the developer commentary for TF2, you'll see some amazing effort they put into making the game great.

2007 had left 4 dead, tf2, and portal, which are all great games that are really fantastic. However, they started focusing on stuff like making nothing but skins for CSGO and hats for dota2, which are already massively popular. They just have to keep updating the game and removing bugs, and people will feed money into steam like some sort of backwards ATM.

it's been a while since we've seen valve flex their creative muscles, although I attribute that to Robin Walker not working on games anymore.
>>
>>342654223
They made a number of successful game sequels and a successful online game market that generated enough money for them to never have to release another sequel in the near future
>>
>>342654223
GabeN died years ago and they've been animating a left over Boomer model for pubic appearances.
>>
>>342654223
They hired psychologists to make HL2 better, learned some shit about behavioural patterns and how to get teh dopamines, used it to make megabank instead of games. Hats and skins, hats and skins.
>>
OP came out of the closet and his family rejected him.
>>
File: 1324855941161.jpg (88 KB, 1102x1041) Image search: [Google]
1324855941161.jpg
88 KB, 1102x1041
Left 4 Dead was the last Valve game I bought on release. It wasn't horrible, but the magic definitely died there seeing how Orange Box raised the bar so high. Left 4 Dead 2 was a shocking salt on the wound. Team Fortress 2 "updates" was the downward mud slide. CSGO's introduction of gun skins and the whole existence of Dota 2 were the final nail in the coffin. This company is done to me.
>>
>>342656427
One of my steam friends got a couple of skins into CSGO ages ago.
There is no logic behind the selection, besides:
>13 year old kids will like this! Lots of bright colours! Cohesive art style? Fuck that, here's mo money for us!
>>
page 10 save rave

fuck valve
>>
File: i did not pay.jpg (241 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
i did not pay.jpg
241 KB, 650x975
>>342656427
>favorite company became least favorite

I didn't ask for these feels
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.