[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help me decide /v/ should i play this or a FE game, and if FE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 250px-Fftbox.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Fftbox.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
help me decide /v/ should i play this or a FE game, and if FE then which one, I am only looking to play one single game, dont have time to play multiple FEs
>>
IMO FFT is far better and more fun than any FF game I played so I recommend you play FFT instead. The job system is just too much damn fun and the story is pretty great as well.
>>
>>342653725
>FF
FUCK meant FE. Also if you like FFT check out Tactics Ogre.
>>
>>342653820
could you briefly explain the job system, is it like turning from a wizard to a different branch? like dark wizard
>>
>>342654008
Jobs aren't branching.

You can cycle between the ones you've unlocked.

Unlocking new classes requires leveling up vaguely related lesser classes.

So in that sense, yeah, if you're leveling mage style classes, you'll get better ones.
>>
Since I have so much information about your taste in video games, I can definitely make an accurate recommendation for you. What a great way to start a thread, good job.

Now go play Fire Emblem Awakening and don't come back until you finish that trainwreck of a game.
>>
>>342654174
Thanks for getting that part out of the way for me anon. I would just like to say he only scratched the surface on the job system. Basically all jobs have abilities you can "buy" if you have enough job points for that job which you can then use it however you want. So for example if you want want to dual wield you can just change your job to Ninja and farm job points until you have access to their Two Swords ability, allowing you to apply it onto any other job which will allow you dual wield your weapon of choice. There is so much more to it that I'm not going to spoil anymore.
>>342654758
Can you be any more of a crybaby bitch?
>>
>>342654758
i've never really played a game like this, my taste is just normie stuff like witcher and dark souls
>>
>>342655038
that sounds pretty interesting, do you have to grind much in the game?
>>
>>342654758
>thinks he's the only person who played FE prior to Awakening
Nope. Friends and I have been playing since GBA.

And for OP, if you have a PSP or Vita you can get War of the Lions, which is a revamp of the original Tactics at the same price, though personally I enjoy Fire Emblem more because I suck at strategy games.
>>
>>342655332
It's one of those games where you don't have to, but the option is there.

You'll probably have to do some, but not enough to be offputting for most people.

Some people would say not to start with FFT or Tactics Ogre if you're new to srpgs, but I disagree.

They are the games the vast majority of srpg fans started with, and are a good way to measure if you're going to like the genre or not.
>>
>>342655502
unfortunately i dont have any handhelds, is FE easier that tactics then?

>>342655643
i dont mind grinding too much so thats fine then, do you know how long it takes to finish roughly?
>>
>>342655828
FE is easier unless you crank the difficulty up.

If you want a decent, easy FE game to start with, get FE9 (Path of Radiance) or FE4 (Genealogy of the Holy War).
>>
>>342655828
>unfortunately i dont have any handhelds
But don't you have a playstation or a pc you can use to emulate? I don't think it's hard to find a used copy of the game but I could be wrong.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.