[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were the dumbest theories you heard while waiting for this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: The-Phantom-Pain-Screenshots-3.jpg (382 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Phantom-Pain-Screenshots-3.jpg
382 KB, 1920x1080
What were the dumbest theories you heard while waiting for this game?
>>
That it would be good.
>>
>>342652521
That Quiet wasn't Chico.
>>
Chico was Quiet was the dumbest.
>>
That you were actually playing as the Medic.
>>
>>342652597
First post best post as always. Might aswell end the thread.
>>
>>342652597
came here to post this
>>
>>342652754
>>342652693
>not Solid Snake was Chico

Miller is Ocelot was the best one though
>>
>>342653034
I was taking a break from /v/ during this time please expand on Miller is Ocelot
>>
the dumbest theories would have actually been better than what the game turned out to be
>>
That Boss was Grey Fox. Would have been way better than what we got though. What a fucking shame.
>>
Anything Gray Fox related.

Kojima literally said years ago that he won't use the character anymore in Metal Gear.
>>
The head transplant doctor. I mean head transplants? What?
>>
>>342653163
Okay here we go....MILLER IS OCELOT

BOOM

AND THERE YOU GO
>>
The "Venom = Decoy Octopus" was still better than the Medic shit
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 1024x576
It was going to be the greatest game of all time
>>
Something about Boss being Solidus. There was a picture that showed how different GZ Boss was from Medic Snake.
>>
That it would be good
>>
>>342653358
I fucking forgot about that
>>
File: 1447638729639.png (707 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1447638729639.png
707 KB, 1440x810
That Big Boss and Venom were two different people

Oh wait
>>
>>342653163
the idea was during PW and GZ, Miller was never a real person but just a role that Ocelot played. presumably Ocelot and Miller would not be seen together in the entirety of TPP, and any cutscenes shown in trailer were a misdirection.

i think people focused too much on that idea of them never being together though. it'd be way more interesting if Ocelot were still deep undercover as "Miller" but someone stole the Ocelot identity and was trying to convert Snake to his side.
>>
The one where Venom was Gray Fox because they both had a metal arm and walked down a hallway of blood.
>>
>the bloody hallway and Snake turning on his own men was because Skull Face revealed to him the full extent of Cipher's control over him and so together they staged a false flag attack to destroy another one of Cipher's proxies
>naturally Snake blames XOF, goes crying to Zero and rejoins FOXHOUND
>XOF and the men loyal exclusively to Snake band together to form Outer Heaven, which Big Boss runs via proxies of his own while still in the United States as FOXHOUND's CO
>this explains why Miller fucking hates Big Boss so much
>>
>>342654368
forgot to mention Skull Face hates Zero so much he willingly takes the blame and dies for the cause, absolving Big Boss of any suspicion of wrongdoing and basically become Outer Heaven's mascot
>>
>>342652521
That Venom Snake was not the real snake and that he was a new snake. It actually turned out to be true but I was expecting it to be executed well like all the other games but it really wasn't. I expected an actual confrontation with the real big boss and some grandiose reason for you playing as a new snake. There really wasn't anything like that.
>>
File: 1438276291727.jpg (25 KB, 468x423) Image search: [Google]
1438276291727.jpg
25 KB, 468x423
>>342654328
i liked that theory
or that GZ was an old VR training experiment of someone playing as BB (because of it being more action and explosion oriented, weird timelines, and blood on screen effect looking like tape getting burned), and then halfway through TPP it would reveal that it was all mostly a VR exercise
>>
>>342652597
>>342653542
Only autistic Kojimadrones thought that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.