[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about getting this on PS4, but anything over $10 just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: Salt-and-Sanctuary.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Salt-and-Sanctuary.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1080
Thinking about getting this on PS4, but anything over $10 just seems too high without knowing how good it really is.

Thoughts? Is the game decently long? How linear is exploration/how easy is it to overlook stuff? Does the game become too easy with a second person much like Souls games?

Any other similar 2D multiplayer games you guys would suggest for PS4/PC? I just prefer to buy this on PS4 since we can share games instead of both having to pay for it.
>>
No opinions on this game?
>>
>>342651134
Faggots like you are why the industry sucks now. If there is a God, there won't be a next gen because shitheads like you inherit it.
>>
>>342653173
Why, because I'm hesitant on spending money on an indie games when I've had nothing but a bad track record with them so far? If I can find one that was actually worth the cost of the game, I would be more than happy to pay full price for it.

Faggots like you who spend money blindly on something that you can't return or resell are whats killing the industry. You are telling them it is alright to pump out shovelware.
>>
Its pretty good. 10 is a good price if you can find it.

Plenty of level skips and choice in progression, starts out as 2d souls a but slowly grows into metroidvania getting special platforming abilities and finding shortcuts that go all over the world.

Super well designed world btw, the skill tree if fun but you wont be getting ultimate stuff without grinding or going to ng+

lots of build variety with magics and different weapons. Combet is decent and bosses are varied but all over in difficulty.

I played the entire thing co-op and had tons of fun, I was 2hmace/miracle and friend was mage/2hsword. He ended up way OP at the end ha, I was just right with a massive anchor for a weapon and moderate heals.

Only one boss as utter bullshit with rng tier difficulty.

I recommend or just pirate on PC
>>
>>342651134
>I just prefer to buy this on PS4 since we can share games instead of both having to pay for it.
wut?

Its only local co op how would you both have to pay
>>
>>342653173
Dude, he just wants to know whether it's worth it or not
>>342653614
I've enjoyed skaStudios' games often(Dead Samurai, Vampire Smile, etc.), although super edgy, the games control nicely and it feels good to take down enemies
>>342654274
If you have PS Plus you can stream one of your games to your friend's PS4 and play as if you're sitting with them
>>
>>342653614
Forgot to include this; I've never played Salt so I'm not sure how it is, all I know is that it has fall damage, despite it being a platformer
>>
>>342654401
>If you have PS Plus you can stream one of your games to your friend's PS4 and play as if you're sitting with them
If you have an Nvidia card, you can also do this on PC. Just have to opt in to the beta build of Geforce Experience and the other person streaming has to use chrome
>>
>>342654401
>you can stream
Hows that work for high action games?

Because some bosses in this shit require ridiculous good timing on jumps and dodges. One of them is almost like a bullet hell where its all about avoiding tons of projectiles.
>>
>>342654572
>all I know is that it has fall damage, despite it being a platformer

All it means is pitfalls kill you same as mario. Only the whole world is seamless so sometimes you fall for a long ass time before crunching.

Honestly after you get a few abilities this game has some really solid platforming, I;d say it gets that better than most other things.
>>
>>342652984
It shoehorns mechanics that don't work with the perspective to ingratiate itself to Soulsfags while having such a horrendous art direction that it actually surprised me and I dabble with indieshit on the reg.
>>
>>342655257
If you can ignore how the humanoids look its not bad at all. I mean compared to the other idie shit it has some cool bosses and armor sets. Tons of armor sets as well so you hardly have to look at your characters ugly mug for long.
>>
>>342655572
Come on, the palette is atrocious, animations are bad and the HUD is worse.
>>
>>342655680
>palette
Its muddy, the whole world is muddy honestly.

Its an art style that doesnt make it look good but soots the overall mood of the game. The hud is something I can and usually do ignore in games. Animations are fine for what the game tries to be.

Its not some masterpiece or anything but it is a fun 2d metroidvania. Something there are far too few of. Makes me want to replay guacamelee
>>
>>342654196
>metroidvania
Well this is actually making it sound a bit more fun than before. Full price may end up feeling reasonable.

>>342654274
Shit, thought it was online multiplayer. Oh well, maybe we will give it a try when he comes for a visit, or give the streaming option a try. I think his internet setup isn't good enough to handle it, but as long as I'm the one streaming we may be able to pull it off.

>>342654401
>the games control nicely
Good to know. This is one thing I wouldn't expect to be a problem on 2d platformers, but quite a few indies seem to have a problem with it anyway.

>>342655257
>such a horrendous art direction
Looking at the game, nothing about the art direction really bothers me. It's not wonderful, but not bad enough to annoy me.

What mechanics does it shoehorn that you don't agree with?
>>
>>342651134
hey man this game was a lot of fun. solo or with a bro. my only problem would be reliable builds. Definitely worth a full price purchase though. That and Axiom Verge were great.
>>
How has nobody mentioned that it doesn't have a FUCKING MAP?

When the screen is zoomed in by a fixed amount, areas are dark and some sections of levels look repetitive like the red cage halls or whatever the fuck, how the fuck should I remember an entire fucking world map?

Also seconding that the art style is hideous.

Coop requires host to have a second character already created with good enough gear to run with your "main" for your buddy to play, local or streaming only.

Blocking/dodging/rolling does not feel intuitive, and you end up constantly taking damage despite any skill.

Im a soulslike shill- i mean fan, but I regret buying this garbig
>>
>>342656687
>needs a map
Hahaha the worlds not even that big. Just use the wiki if your that bad though.

>cant get good at dodging because he thinks its souls like combat
Thats on you and a lack of skill anon. I finished the game with starting armor, and you cant level up HP either. Glass cannons are the best cannons.

>areas are dark
People like you are why theres no real darkness in souls anymore, get a torch and get fucking good.

>co op is only useful if my friend is as far or farther than me
You mean just like souls? Wow

Once you realize you can teleport the game gets easier but a degree.
Red cages are one of the biggest areas though and are indeed repetitive, its a central core that much of the world goes from so I can accept it since its the most useful area if your doing a no teleport run.
>>
>>342657486
bang on
>>
>>342657486
With the coop I meant the host needs two characters /themselves/. Not "my frend needs 2B my lvl also", but I need to fucking play through twice just for my faggot friends to be able to play with me as an equally strong character?

>read the wiki
no not a fagit, thanx thi. If the game wants me to remember there was a fucking purple transparent platform seven hours ago on the SEVENTH floor of the castle (which is only reached by dropping down from the eighth floor) and not the FIFTH floor even though the tilesets are /exactly the fucking same/ then fuck you too, game
>>
The covenant system is bad and they should feel bad
>>
>>342657956
>but I need to fucking play through twice just for my faggot friends to be able to play with me as an equally strong character?
I dont understand the issue.

If you start together you can play the entire game together over and over without level concerns since you both get each boss and stuff.

>>342657956
>If the game wants me to remember there was a fucking purple transparent platform seven hours ago on the SEVENTH floor of the castle (which is only reached by dropping down from the eighth floor) and not the FIFTH floor even though the tilesets are /exactly the fucking same/ then fuck you too, game
You mean you have to go back and explore old areas after getting new abilities? Its almost like I'm playing a metroid or something like castlevania sotn
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2014-01-15-21h53m08s138.png (611 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2014-01-15-21h53m08s138.png
611 KB, 640x480
>>342658137
This is a legitimate gripe. Its overly convoluted and explains nothing. One part I recommend looking up if you want 100% since a few of the secret ones are insane to find.
>>
Is this game couch co op on the ps4?
if so I think I will buy it...
>>
>>342658278
>Its almost like I'm playing a metroid or something like castlevania sotn
Well there's my problem, I was expecting to play a good game. Thanks for reminding me to lower my standards, anon
>>
>>342658593
Couch co-op on ps4 and PC.

One of the few reasons I like this game so much.
>>
>>342658767
is it actually good and fun couch co op? I've been looking for one for such a long time...
Can each person choose different clases and whatnot?
>>
how can anybody look at those character designs and not think its fucking terrible. It looks like it belongs on funnyjunk or armorgames, I would say newgrounds but newgrounds is honestly higher quality than that.
>>
>>342658938
Each person has their own save file you import when you start the game. Once you both get past the tutorial and to the first checkpoint you need to use stone sellsword to upgrade your checkpoint with an npc to summon for co-op.

Other than that minor inconvience its a really solid plat former with only minor flaws to me.

>>342659172
meh, i dont disagree but I'm not a graffix fag.
>>
>>342659245
i didn't say anything about graphics friendo, I said character design.

The fact that you can't differentiate the two lets me know you're either underage or fucking retarded
>>
>>342659245
I guess that isn't too big of a deal. We just each have to reach a certain point in the game to unlock LOCAL co-op?
I might just buy it!
>>
>>342659360
>character design
Ties into art style, which all falls under the visuals of the game or as I call it graffix.

I bet you think atmosphere is important too.
it is but if the games fun both are irrelevant
>>
Just realized this game is $18 on ps4...
NEVERMIND

How is bannerlord saga?
>>
Who the FUCK thought the Hanged Man faggots were a good idea??

>levitates somewhere unreachable
>charges "attack" too quickly
>swaps locations with you and hangs you, EVEN IF THEY ARENT ON SCREEN ANYMORE so you can't run away
>one swaps, hangs you, you drop and get stunned for a second
>another can swap with you during that second of being stunned
>let's put six of these fuckers in the same room and have then endlessly juggle yoy
>>
>>342660029
Its an optional room best left to cheese alter much like the 6ckellies guarding the ember in das1
>>
So what playstyles are enjoyable, any that should be avoided?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.