[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could you do with Team fortress 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: file.png (133 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
133 KB, 480x360
What could you do with Team fortress 3?
>>
waifus and ultimates
>>
>>342648671
Replace hats with belts.
>>
File: Head_anim.gif (86 KB, 320x242) Image search: [Google]
Head_anim.gif
86 KB, 320x242
>TF3
>implying valve is a game dev

Valve doesn't make games. Valve makes money.
>>
File: 1461202306770.jpg (96 KB, 640x1048) Image search: [Google]
1461202306770.jpg
96 KB, 640x1048
Back to basics, similar artstyle to TF2 but with MUCH better animations.

Redo the whole hats scenario, make them their own skins and only release 1-2 per character every major update. Do NOT let it become TF2 levels of bullshit with hundreds of hats and cosmetics.

MAYBE add a few more characters to cover all the different subclasses that have been created in TF2 (Demoknight, Battle Medic, Mini-Sentry Engie)

Only add new weapons if they drastically change how the character is played (Huntsman, etc.), not just minor stat changes.

Charge money, don't let it go F2P.
>>
>>342648671
>TF3
>guns totally disabled
>no fps elements whatsoever
>you can trade hats directly in game
>you can open loot crates directly in game
>>
>>342649729
I'd make it F2P, but have everything be cosmetics which you can turn off locally. So if you don't wanna see it, you don't have to see it.

I'd try and see if you can't take the nine classes and turn them into 18 - two ways to play each. Battle Engie / Defender Engie. Sniper / Huntsman. Demoman / Demoknight. That sort of thing.
>>
File: 1466346046915.jpg (60 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
1466346046915.jpg
60 KB, 680x453
>>342649351
This guy gets it.
>>
More hats!
>>
They wont do a TF3 any time soon. Doing so would mean giving it better graphics which would lose them 60% of their playerbase.

The other 40% would complain about having lost so much time/money because their meme hats dont carry over.
>>
File: 1456796271465.png (250 KB, 349x750) Image search: [Google]
1456796271465.png
250 KB, 349x750
Retain art style, but leave behind or go into the future of the TF2 timeline to revive the alien invasion concept. The game is still comical and whimsical, if a bit more serious.

RED is the dysfunctional nine-man response team who successfully fought off the invasion some time before the game. The aliens decide that best response is to fight fire with fire, so they make clones of RED with blue skin, herein called, well, BLU, sharing weapons and gear that are aesthetically alien but functionally identical, while also sharing roughly the same dysfunctions as the RED team. The game revolves around their conflicts on Earth and in space.

I would be fine with (don't stop reading) cosmetics but only if handled in a way that doesn't extort users or create a cancerous community out of those who own the "special" cosmetics, which is probably impossible. If Unusuals or Australiums came back, they should be something you could eventually apply to stuff you own as a badge of honor kind of thing. Also, no community cosmetics, let alone any updates that would break the art style. Community maps should definitely stay, though.

Gameplay wise, I wouldn't complain if they just copypasted the TF2 mercs abilities, though I'd appreciate some changes or subversions of weapons they had before, like maybe bring Scout's nail gun back or the grenades. Include matchmaking and try to build a competitive scene from the beginning and handle balance updates from that so that it's hopefully not as much of a wacky roller-coaster ride like TF2 has always been.
>>
Just do tf2 how it originally was again but pull the good stuff from new tf2 into it like the medic crossbow, make demo default with sco res, and make new classes from sub classes.

New characters ofc, maybe one from the original like an older scout or a reference to pyro
>>
>>342649729
>>342650051

Seems like good ideas, I d make it F2P too bc it just won't change the community anyway, I mean if 14yo think it s cool they wil play it regardless

What about if you just switch the class mode the death timer is like half?
>>
>>342652471
halved*
>>
Literally remake Overwatch but with competent artists and writers
>>
ill ask my 12 year old brother
>>
>>342648671
Itll never happen, valve is a hardware company, the only way itll ever happen is if another company makes it
>>
File: classic medic.jpg (62 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
classic medic.jpg
62 KB, 1191x670
>>342649729
>don't let it be tf2's hundreds of hats

dear god this. full skins, with good colors. None of that mix and match bullshit.
>>
TF2 could do a lot more to perfect objective gamemodes.
It's just not fun how you get spawned really far from the objective on BLU, and your respawn takes forever on RED.
And if you try build a teleporter to the front lines on BLU, someone will just go and destroy the entrance.
>>
Stop it from happening.
>>
File: B1_cultist.gif (2 KB, 49x106) Image search: [Google]
B1_cultist.gif
2 KB, 49x106
There will never be a Team Fotress 3 because it'd mean not having the years and years of stuff from Team Fortress 2. People would just stick to TF2 because it would have more content and they'd have invested more time and resources into it all ready.
>>
No point in releasing TF3. People will just be mad that there aren't any females or furries or dykes like in Overwatch.
>>
>>342648671
make everything waifus and excuse it as being progressive.
>>
>>342654587
>literally dissing the essence of payload
>complaining about enemies preventing you from reaching the front and capturing a point
>>
>>342655054
>overwatch
>furries
I assume you're taking about Winston.
I also assume you're joking.
>>
>>342658095
Yeah, it just isn't fun.
It should be about the team fighting, rather than having a total mess because a heavy-medic combo totally breaks up your team since your 3 snipers and 3 spies aren't dealing with it.

>have to play battle engineer to make your team be able to group up enough to push by having a sentry-protected safe zone which a teleporter leads to
>have to play a pushing class because no one else does
>>
>>342648671
Not ruin it with ugly cosmetic items and weapons that completely shit on the unique and comfy late 60s art style of the vanilla game
>>
There's really nothing they couldn't do that can't just be an update, best thing I could think of is having a big single player campaign that goes in deep into the lore of the universe and shit. And even then that can just be paid DLC.
>>
>>342648671
Go the Overwatch route of multiple characters with similar roles, in other words, every weapon is a character, and then school Blizzard's ass on how to write characters and stories decently.

Also no casualized bullshit or ultimates.
>>
>>342654945
>People play TF2 exclusively because of hats
>inb4 yes
>>
They should instead just make an entirely new IP
>>
>>342659232
Some do. Those people are idiots, but also huge cash cows.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67 KB, 900x720
>>342648671
you know what would be great for ANY team fortress? I doubt hardly any of you played it though.

MURDER BALL

god what i would give to play another round of this horribly balanced game mode. i think it could work in several games, too. Team Fortress 2, Overwatch.
>>
>>342654945
Or they could "L4D2" it and transfer all the content from TF2 to TF3.
>>
TF2+
Huge revamp of all the classes, moved over to Source 2, engine fixes, maybe a new class or two

Basically the TF2 equivalent of Maplestory's Big Bang
>>
>>342659762
>transferring all of ten megatrillion hats
>implying valve won't be lazy shits
>>
>>342648671
Cyberpunk
>>
>>342649546
just because they released a game you don't like doesn't mean they're not making games
>>
>>342648671
People can steal your hats at anytime, just go up to you take take your hat. No permission needed, just outright take it.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.