[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /v/, which version of the PS Vita should I get? The 1000 or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: PSVita_screencompare_04.jpg (98 KB, 1250x700) Image search: [Google]
PSVita_screencompare_04.jpg
98 KB, 1250x700
Ok /v/, which version of the PS Vita should I get? The 1000 or the 2000? LCD or OLED? Does the screen make a big difference? Inb4
>the vita sucks dont buy it
>>
>>
>>342638625
OLED has nicer colours
but
It's a very low quality OLED compared to the ones you'll find in a HTC or Samsung phone. The Mura effect is disgusting and you'll see it alot in loading screens.
>>
What about the battery life, is there a difference or not?
>>
File: WP_20160129_23_35_08_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160129_23_35_08_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
Either's fine. I got the 1000 because the screen's neato and everything about the white PCH-1000 is sexy.
>>
If you even have to ask, you don't deserve an oled
>>
I personally prefer the 2000's design.
>>
>>342638625
do you care about slightly better graphics? then get the OLED one.

do you want better battery life and non-proprietary charging port? then get the slim.

that's pretty much the only difference.

for reference i have the slim
>>
>>342639962
oh yah and the slim has 1gb of storage built into it, but it can only be used if there is no memory card in it. so if you are going for pure physical media the slim has that advantage
>>
>>342638625
If you are determined to buy it, get the version with the better screen. Battery life can go fuck itself.
>>
>>342639061
battery life is slightly better on the 2000. it also uses micro usb 2.0 instead of it's own cable like the 1000, a little bit more convenient.
>>
they both look the same (-_-)
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
I have both and it really just comes down to preference.

pros:
>oled screen
>satisfying weight

cons:
>proprietary charger
>slightly shorter battery life
>bigger touchpad in the back(can get annoying if you're playing a game that utilizes this because a regular grip will lead to inputs)

pros:
>slightly longer battery life
>easier to find brand new
>smaller touchpad on the back
>uses standard micro usb to charge

cons:
>screen isnt as vibrant
>it's lighter than the 1000(making it feel a little "cheaper")

Also worth noting, since Vitas are reigon free you can import a special edition if you're a richkid.
>>
>>342638625
Aesthetically the 1000.
For convenience 2000.
>>
>>342639115
>fully charged
Seems like you don't even play on it
>>
>>342638625
I have the 1000 and love it but I've heard the 2000 has better shoulder buttons. The shoulder buttons on the 1000 are aids if you plan on playing certain games like EDF2
>>
>>342638876
I just looked this up, I always thought those black blotches were because of when I took it to the bus stop with me and it started pouring out and water got in the screen or something
>>
>>342638625
the 1000 is kind of heavy
the screen is nice (crazy vibrant, but sucks at accurate, consistent color reproduction like every other OLED screen, color temperature varies wildly based on screen brightness), but so is the 2000's (not as wow, more consistent color reproduction)

mura on the 1000 is only noticeable in dark rooms, but when you see it, you will always fucking see it

1000 needs its own proprietary charge cable, have fun when it shorts out eventually
>>
>>342641638
I usually set the brightness of my devices on low/very low. Does that mean that the colors on the 1000 wont be as vibrant?
>>
>>342638625
LED.

Why would you go for LCD, it's shit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.