[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We post developers who turned to the dark side.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: logo-share-large.png (6 KB, 327x200) Image search: [Google]
logo-share-large.png
6 KB, 327x200
ITT: We post developers who turned to the dark side.
>>
Bethesda
>>
>>342621196
Considering Bungie made the best game in the genre of RPG FPS games I disagree. Destiny did a lot of shit right.
>>
Bioware
>>
File: criterion_logo_lg.jpg (8 KB, 425x185) Image search: [Google]
criterion_logo_lg.jpg
8 KB, 425x185
You want another burnout?

well too bad.
here is a shit starwars game

fuck you.
>>
>>342621843
What's their last game to even be in the light side?
>>
File: valve-logo.jpg (79 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
valve-logo.jpg
79 KB, 1920x1280
Bastards
>>
>>342622563
hl3 when?
>>
>>342621196
>Hyped for Destiny
>Beta was decent but its a beta so i'm sure it gets better afterall bungie is a legendary developer
>Never got an xbox 360 so I missed out on there titles
>Excited as fuck for launch
>Play game to max level and realize its mobile tier trash
>DLC being highly overpriced jew shit

That was the day I realized Activision kills anything it touches
>>
>>342622425
Jesus christ you're right.
>>
>>342621989
Sure it did, anon. It's a "mature" Borderlands. I mean Borderlands 1 and 2 laid out what the game should be as an MMO and they said nah fuck it just throw money at on advertising and voice acting we don't need to know why those games were popular.
>>
>>342622425
Oblivion but I'd say Fallout 3.
>>
File: 781759[1].jpg (24 KB, 800x368) Image search: [Google]
781759[1].jpg
24 KB, 800x368
>>
>>342622425
Fallout 3. People dislike it, which isn't a problem, but at least the DLC wasn't EA tier like Skyrim's and Fallout 4's. Seriously, they raised the price of the season pass to $50 for fallout 4 and then proceeded to release nothing but shitty settlement building DLC
>>
>>342621989
This is what happens when you been shilling for Bungie since 2009, you become delusional.
>>
>>342623452
Thank god I dodged a bullet for that one. I was actually planning on buying fallout 4. Until I heard they upped the price for season pass, then find out they released a bunch of shitty DLC for it. Decided to pirate it instead.

Automaton was disappointing
Far Harbor is somewhat interesting (playing it right now)
The rest of the DLC seems like shit (the workshop ones) and im not even sure if im using a DLC workshop or some Mod I got.
>>
File: i-just-dont-know-anymore.png (36 KB, 872x625) Image search: [Google]
i-just-dont-know-anymore.png
36 KB, 872x625
>Staten, Marty, and Jason jones all gone
>Took the activation dick up the ass right after they clawed their way away from MS
>Bungie used to fight tooth and nail to allow their halo 3 map backs be free after being out for a while with MS, and used to respond to random PM's fans sent them or threads asking them questions on Bungie.net all the time
>they released the entire marathon trilogy for free along with opening up their source code

How can a studio fall so far /v/
>>
>>342621989
>carrot on a stick reward systems
>good

Enjoy watching your numbers get bigger
>>
>>342621196
It was obvious how low Bungie was gonna fall when I heard of their deal with Activision.

It became a lot more obvious when Marty got fired and then the lawsuit that was involved between him and Bungie.

After 10 years (how many years left?) Bungie won't recover.
>>
>>342623878
>oh man, your machinima or halo video was pretty cool
>here, have a recon armor.

I remember players reaction every time they play with someone using the recon armor, or if a bungie employee is playing and showing off his flaming helm.
>>
>>342621196
Id software.

What's worse is now that all their IPs are being raped all of these hipster faggots are coming out the woodwork to support them.

Like half of these niggas haven't even played quake or doom in the last 20 years
>>
File: 1457739758338.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1457739758338.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>342621989
>Game released with no content.
>Added micro transactions on top of three paid dlc
>Has the worst net code I have ever seen in a multiplayer shooter

"best game in the genre of RPG FPS games"
>>
>>342622656
it's been almost 10 years

give up
>>
>>342622768
See your problem was paying for it on release. If you would have waited you could have gotten the entire package a year later at $40 and played it like a single player game. I'm so glad I didn't buy into the hype.
>>
>>342622869
Borderlands is fucking awful though. It looks ugly, the writing is bad, and the whole design is flawed. FPS games are made for constant drop action, running across borderlands ugly empty world constantly was a chore and got old fast as fuck. I'm glad Destiny didn't borrow from that god awful company.

>>342624214
>buying it on release

Only have yourself to blame
>>
Ubisoft

>PS2 era Ubisoft
>Prince of Persia series
>XIII
>Splinter Cell series
>Beyond Good and Evil
>Brothers In Arms (they published but still)
>Far Cry 2
>Various other Tom Clancy games (before the series went to shit)
>Assassin's Creed 1, 2, BroHo, and Rev

Then they went to complete shit, but honestly those few AC games were the last good things they've done. It's a shame, two gens ago they were a powerhouse of good games.
>>
Rocksteady. The fell for the VR meme.
>>
>>342622126
I don't want another Burnout after how they fucked up Need for Speed
>>
>>342625852
Nigga, that was EA, not Criterion Games.
>>
>>342622425
Doom 4 has little bullshit in it.

Dishonored is also very good.
>>
File: oh%20boy.png (13 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
oh%20boy.png
13 KB, 512x512
>>
File: Nintendo%20.png (52 KB, 2000x493) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo%20.png
52 KB, 2000x493
>>
>>342626879
Konami went beyond the dark side and became that one JRPG character who always says "To save the world... you must DESTROY IT!
>>
>>342624107
But DOOM was good
>>
>>342626879
it's barely a developer anymore
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.