[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We share painful memories that made you bury Bethesda games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9
File: todd.png (374 KB, 600x669) Image search: [Google]
todd.png
374 KB, 600x669
ITT: We share painful memories that made you bury Bethesda games once and for all. I know that I'm not the only shattered soul in here; even after all those warnings of our fellow anons of /v/, we went and played these horrific abominations. OP is a fag, so I'll start

>Fallout 4
>trying to get ballistic weave from Railroad
>trying to go and give in the completed quest for P.A.M.
>enter through Old North Church
>the hole in the wall where the secret door once was now has an invicible wall and I can't go there (even though I can see right through it!)
>no problem, I just use the back entrance
>got through the tunnels, this looks good
>enter a door that leads to Railroad HQ
>after the loading screen, I am suddenly in the Institute

So the Railroad is now completely inaccessible for me. Nice...

>Play survival mode
>haven't saved in two hours because of the mission and exploration in the Glowing Sea
>call a vertibird and finally go home
>just before reaching to bed in my settlement, the game freezes

I will NEVER play another Bethesda game again. As much as I'd like to play the remastered Skyrim (I never finished the original because of the constant crashing), I know I would just be disappointed yet again. Share your stories /v/, I know you have one!
>>
>>342618569
paid mods
after making me swallow all their shit games, they even ask me to PAY for me to TRY and fix them
>>
Skyrim's Civil War and guilds and unfinished Thalmor storyline
>>
>>342618794
It hurts, doesn't it breh?
>>
>grew up with morrowind
>It is just as good as I remembered.
>Oblivion when it came out looked amazing. Never saw a game where you could see so far into the distance and actually go there.
>Oblivion main quest was severely underwhelming compared to Morrowind main quest.
>It took me 300+ hours to go through morrowind and I still havent completed all the quests yet.
>I had almost all the major quests finished in 80 hours.
>Was sad there was this gorgeous game with just nothing.
>In come skyrim.
>Skyrim more polished than Oblivion
>Main quest very underwhelming and glitches are more apparent. Now in the belief that bethesda just releases buggy crap.
>They keep releasing buggier and buggier games as time goes on. Quality and content go down the tubes
>Fallout 4 is the biggest offender of this
>Dissapointed in Bethesda's ability to make decent games anymore

Yet I am still a bethesdrone. I will still buy ESVI just because I have this unnerving hope they can rekindle the absolute love and passion I had and still have for Morrowind.
>>
>>342619138
sorry ment for this
>I had almost all the major quests finished in 80 hours.
Mean:
>I had almost all the major quests finished in 80 hours in Oblivion.
>>
None because I never went with the le todd howard is hitler meme.
>>
>>342618569

>Goes two hours without saving in survival

You knew what this was when you signed up Anon.
>>
>>342619138
I will most likely get TESVI as well. Wish their was a rival game series that was also a first person action rpg free roam.
>>
>>342618569
at this point I am buying bethesda games just to experience the nightmarish glitches for myself.
>>
>>342618569
>>342618794
>>342619031
Hi OP.
I know you're new to 4chainz and all, but typing like a gamefaqs faggot is going to make you stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>342619138
i have more hope for fucking Two Worlds 3 than for TES6
>>
File: toddhowardeugenics.png (440 KB, 901x843) Image search: [Google]
toddhowardeugenics.png
440 KB, 901x843
>>342618569
>>
File: Oblivion night sky.png (1007 KB, 1341x754) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion night sky.png
1007 KB, 1341x754
Announcing a Skyrim remaster instead of Oblivion
>>
File: Big Boss feels.jpg (90 KB, 752x960) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss feels.jpg
90 KB, 752x960
>>342619138
You need to let it go. Deep down in your heart, you know that ES VI is just going to be another disappointment. It might seem good at first glance, but the more you get amazed by the game during the first hours (in which the developers really focus on), the harder the knockdown will be...

Pic very fucking related.
>>
>>342619676
oh no not deep down. I know its going to be a massive dissapointment. But thats fine. Really deep down in my heart I hope it could be good as they used to make amazing games.

I basically have no hope, but at the same time this inner desire for them to succeed and meet the very high expectations.
>>
File: Feels O'clock.jpg (107 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
Feels O'clock.jpg
107 KB, 800x900
>that feel when no Morrowind or Oblivion remasters because that'd take actual effort
>>
I pity the entire generation of kids who got tricked into playing Bethesda trash games.
>>
I live 5 minutes away from Bethesda Softworks in Maryland. I pass by their building all the time when I take my walks.

I don't know what to do with this useless information, and I don't know why I'm posting this.
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
I know Fallout 4 is shit. I knew it was going to be shit as soon as I knew there was a voiced protag, and seeing that skills were gone. I played it and it was shit. They took the RP out of RPG and the G part is shit, too. I rented the game from Gamefly and sent it back a week later after beating the main questline.

So why do I still want to play it? I fucking hate the game, I hate Bethesda, but I want to play the game.
>>
>>342620447
picket. do it anon.
>>
>>342620258
I don't think it's the question about effort. After all, they already have the story components and quests ready, and they have hired people whose only purpose is to focus on lore, keeping it consistent and implement it right.

I think it's because the gameplay mechanics are "overly complicated" by today's standards, where players have the attention span as long as Fallout 4's main story.
>>
>>342620258
Skywind, anon. They actually posted an update video for this month. There's still hope.
>>
>>342620258
The cost to build all new assets for a remaster would far exceed the return they would get from selling said remaster. It's not about effort, it doesn't make any sense financially.
>>
I think the part that pissed me off most about Skyrim's simplification was the removal of Mysticism...
>>
>>342619385
dishonored
too bad we bought it :^)
>>
File: Peter-Hines.jpg (36 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Hines.jpg
36 KB, 600x300
>>342620258
Morrowind was an Xbox game, Anon. To completely rebuild it have it be relevant for today? That’s a pretty massive team doing a massive amount of work
>>
>>342620868
My problem with skywind is that its an inherently broken game. One of the main things that made games like Morrowind so good was how much it relied on RPG elements in your stats. Games like Skyrim and Oblivion both dumped most RPG elements in the game and simplified it into "if its not this number you don't pass" versus a complicated roll that required stats from both user and enemy along with resistances and tons of other variables.

Even with skywind releasing it would just feel like Skyrim in the end even if they did it perfect. You cannot improve on morrowind by changing the mechanics to skyrim mechanics.
>>
File: 1363624345796.jpg (54 KB, 388x380) Image search: [Google]
1363624345796.jpg
54 KB, 388x380
>>342620449
>I fucking hate the game, I hate Bethesda, but I want to play the game.
I know that feel, you just keep digging deeper and deeper into this shit puddle to find a spark remaining of the older Fallout that you grew up with.

I am actually amazed that they even mentioned NCR and San Francisco in Fallout 4.
>>
A couple days ago, I randomly thought about Fallout 4's facial animations for characters, and how shitty and unexpressive they are, but then I thought

>"Well, it's a massive game, I guess it makes sense they don't have the time to individually animate all of those faces"

...then I remembered The Witcher 3, a game which I'd say is almost equally as huge, and how even a character in a small unimportant sidequest still had really well done facial animations.

So what the fuck is the difference? An easy answer is CD Projekt is just more talented, but is it really that simple? I assume Bethesda is a much bigger studio than CD, so did they ultimately just not give a shit about animating characters in a realistic way?
>>
>>342621409
Why bother? People will buy it anyway. Might as well put in as little effort as possible.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.