[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT : Sequels that fucked it up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: shit.png (3 MB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
3 MB, 2000x1125
Post sequels that missed the target on every single aspect their previous games hit. Those games so shit you really wonder if the original devs got abducted and brainwashed by Peter Molyneux

I'll start with an obvious one
>>
KOTOR 2, not a terrible game but such a disappointing followup to the first one, I don't even think I finished it back in the day.
>>
>KF2
>Fucked it up

Nice nostalgia goggles, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
Unfortunately
>>
>>342613994
KF2 and Tripwire are trash
>>
>>342613994
KF2 isn't that fun

Can't explain why, but i don't have the urge to play it again anymore. 50 hours clocked.

Maybe its the lack of banter? i don't know.
>>
>>342613861
but kotor 2 was better than the first one in almost every aspect
>>
File: image.png (71 KB, 353x332) Image search: [Google]
image.png
71 KB, 353x332
>>342613994
>welding now useless
>item shop
>teleporting Zeds
>>
>>342613994
It's not that it's just shit, in which I guess it's fun for retarded casuals like you

It's not even fun. It fails on every aspect
>>
>>342613575
KF1 has more personality. I like both the games, but if KF2 is gonna set off it needs to have events. Not just that, Tripwire needs to drop PVP entirely. Nobody likes it.
>>
>>342613575
>gore system better
>animations and hit responses are better
>lighting is better
>graphics generally better
>difficulty scales better (different animations and actions per difficulty rather than just higher hp/damage)
Though I agree KF2 is a piece of shit at the moment, there are things that it did far better than KF1.
>>
Sly 4
>>
>>342614235
welding as demo is the greatest thing in the world

>caring about cosmetics
>>
>>342614443
I fucking love the idea of door traps. If only doors weren't super useful against the bosses I would use it all the time.
>>
Good:
>Graphics
>Gameplay
>Zed diversity
>Class customization
>Optional PvP mode

Bad:
>Uncertain balance changes and weapon impact
>Lack of weapons currently
>Incredibly slow pace of updating to receive the full game's classes
>Terrible characters and actors compared to KF1
>>
They had nothing better to do and decided to throw shit and see what sticks. I feel bad for falling for the early access meme.
>>
Sims 4. Yes, the series lost most of its soul by the time III rolled around, but it was at least a very great game from technical standpoint and amount of shit you could do. S4 flushed ALL OF IT down the toilet

Mass Effect 3. Not much to add, except that if it came out today, I'd personally hate it much less, because average quality of games dropped even further since 2012

Starcraft II
>>
Can I put WoW expansions here? Started going downhill after TBC in my opinion.
>>
Probably the most telling aspect is GFP's longest dungeon being 200 floors, while AFU only hits 30, but given what they did to the equipment and dungeon crawling, it was for the best.
The only thing that could make this glorified VN forgivable would be getting a proper GFP follow up that included the angel/devil forms.
>>
File: 1465693409454.jpg (33 KB, 600x683) Image search: [Google]
1465693409454.jpg
33 KB, 600x683
>>342613994
>only one guy names a reason KF2 is bad
KF2 is a step up in alot of ways but it's missteps like the early release, sprint too win, making scrakes and flesh pounds unstoppable with their crazy head shaking and blocking and never giving anyone their counter clasd. And worse of all the new banter. Makes it harder to love then the original
>>
>>342614298
KF2 is much much harder than KF1
>>
>>342614992
Parrying as a berserker with the explosive sledgehammer guy used to counter FPs and Scrakes when I played a month ago. I haven't played since before the resistances were changed so idk what it's like now.
>>
>>342615210
No. It's duller
>>
>>342614725

Why stop at TBC? Surely you can whine that Black Temple ruined it all or even that Beta WoW was better the WoW
>>
>tripwire will never fix KF1
>>
File: Crysis_2_cover.png (202 KB, 256x358) Image search: [Google]
Crysis_2_cover.png
202 KB, 256x358
I loved playing a stealthy ninja with an overpowered nanosuit delivering FREEDOMS to those commie Koreans in Crysis. Crysis 2 was such a watered down wannabe COD turd.

Also worth mentioning Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Dragon Age 2, and a lot more EA sequels I forgot.
>>
>>342616426
C2 felt like such a fucking downgrade I would have swore it was made years before the first one
>>
>>342613575
[Prototype]

The first was an enjoyable hot mess, the second was just a mess.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.