[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So have Zelda Cyclefags (Skyward Sword apologists) been btfo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (230 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
230 KB, 800x600
So have Zelda Cyclefags (Skyward Sword apologists) been btfo?
>>
Only retards think the Zelda cycle was real. SS was worse than TP and it's no doubt BotW will be better than SS.
>>
>>342595812
>Only retards think the Zelda cycle was real.

This

Although TP was way better than WW
>>
>>342595812
>>342595919
Your naivety just shows that you haven't been around very long
>>
>>342596676

Windwaker: WOW ITS FUCKING NOTHING the video game.
>>
>>342595660
The Zelda cycle is more of a result of Zelda games releasing every 5 years or so. That means each Zelda game is coming at a huge turning point of a new gamers life.

10 for first Zelda. 15 for next Zelda. 20 for the one after that. Each Zelda brings in an influx of completely new gamers, who wont experience a new Zelda until they are well into their teenage years. And then not again until they are an adult near drinking age. The next Zelda after that they may be married with children.

This generational gap from game to game, combined with nostalgia and evolving mindsets over pivitol growth periods of a person's life is what creates the Zelda Cycle.
>>
>>342596676
Hello SS apologist
>>
File: 1464203173512.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1464203173512.png
55 KB, 217x190
>liked and enjoyed every zelda except the 2 horrible DS games
Feels good man, don't get caught in this stupid cycle and just enjoy the games
>>
The image you posted isn't even a cycle you retard. A cycle needs to go back to the beginning to be a fucking cycle. It can't just end.
>>
>>342596920
MM was only two years after OoT and WW was only two years after Mm and TP was only three years after WW
>>
>>342597070
Doesn't stop people from screaming there is a cycle.
>>
ive had the same opinions since they were released... Majoras Mask = OOT > WW > Rest
>>
>>342595660
There are no skyward sword apologists. Only trolls and 12 year old kids.
>>
>>342597051

Dude the DS games are very good. Not the best, but good games in their own right.

Just enjoy the games anon.
>>
>>342595660
Skyward Sword, Majora's Mask and original Zelda are still shit.
Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past are still GOAT
>>
>>342595660
Cycle exists in every franchise.
>Halo CE is an outdated classic halo 2 is goat, 3 is overrated, reach is almost goat, 4 is literally cancer, 5 is the second coming of 2.
Can't wait to see what the no-cyclefags say when Halo 6: Microshill comes out.
>>
File: 1466635386527.png (404 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466635386527.png
404 KB, 1280x720
>>342595919
I remember people hating TP and loving WW.
Now they love TP and hate WW, although the latter might stem from it getting a re-release for Wii U and the newer generation expecting more than what they got.
>>
>>342598276
For the last fucking time, the Zelda cycle isn't about how you personally feel, it's about the overall reception of the games

When MMs was first released, the predominant opinion was that the 3 day mechanic, with the time limit it imposed and the repeating of busy work that it required, was shit
Ask about MM now, and it's a dark storytelling masterpiece.

When WW was first released the, the predominate opinion was that the game was kiddy shit due to the visual style and that it was far too short on dungeon content
Ask about it now and it's a comfy adventure

When TP was released the predominate opinion was that it was a heartless OoT clone with shitty wolf sections and items that had no use outside of their respective dungeon environments.
Now it's know for at least trying on the combat system and being at least better than SS

The zelda cycle is probably broke now though because SS is just that bad and BotW has gotten nothing but positive reviews from people who played it on the e3 floor.
>>
>>342599242
>Now they love TP and hate WW,

?
>>
>>342599604
Just what I've seen on /v/. I've been seeing more and more people say they liked Twilight Princess and less people shitting on them for it. On the other hand, I've only been seeing more and more complaints about Wind Waker ever since pic-related happened.
>>
>>342599875
I have only seen people shit on the GCN games in any context other than comparing specific aspects (i.e. TP has the best dungeons or TWW has the best art style)
>>
No such thing as the Zelda Cycle, each new 3D Zelda game is just worse than the last and makes the previous one look better.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.