[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me to buy pic related, /v/. I'm considering picking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
243 KB, 1920x1080
Convince me to buy pic related, /v/. I'm considering picking up a copy, and I've heard that it's really good minus backtracking in one section that is apparently funsucking as hell.
>>
File: Fuck (you).gif (97 KB, 234x200) Image search: [Google]
Fuck (you).gif
97 KB, 234x200
No, fuck you.
>>
It's only funsucking on a subsequent playthrough. The first time through you're to caught up in the atmosphere of the place to really notice the backtracking (or at least I was). How much detail should I go into?
>>
>>342589098
This is very accurate, the chapter everyone complains about I remembering loving just for the theme of the chapter. That being said, Paper Mario isn't THAT good but it has a surprising amount of depth with badges and viable builds/play styles
>>
>>342589098
As long as it's not terribly spoilerrific, I'm cool with anything. My one bud who has the game mentioned a questline later on where you have to hunt down some fucker who jumps around the map and you don't catch him for a good 1/2 hour.
>>
>>342589340
That part didn't bother me too much just because of how ridiculous it gets and it really only takes like 10 minutes if you've unlocked all the shortcuts. Still annoying though.
>>
The backtracking is over exaggerated as fuck and really isn't that bad.
>>
Have you played any other Mario RPG games before anon?
>>
>>342588950
It's pretty great, unless you just don't like Mario RPGs. Any complaints are minor are barely noticeable on the first playthrough.
>>
The thing about the biggest backtracking section is immediately before one of the best levels so it hardly matters.

Talking about the Moon here. Twilight Town wasn't too bad as long as you're not brainless like me and have to take repeat trips between the manor and the town
>>
>>342588950
there's more than one section of backtracking
>>
>>342588950
Just emulate it with the HD texture pack Anon. There's no point playing things at 480p anymore.
>>
I've started it recently, I'm at chapter 3.
It's fun but there is indeed some backtracking already.
Since the first paper mario was a little on the easy side most of the time, I've decided to try this run with as few life upgrade as possible.
So far I put it all on badges and I think once or twice on flowers points. The fights can get pretty tense so it makes for an interesting playthrough.
>>
>>342591202
>Since the first paper mario was a little on the easy side most of the time, I've decided to try this run with as few life upgrade as possible.
that makes it easier though
>>
This is actually one of my favorite VR games.

I played through the entire thing on DolphinVR, the 3d and platforming translates PERFECTLY, it's almost like it was made for it. Highly recommend trying it.
>>
>>342593285
only if you're doing the danger mario strategy, if you just use the extra badge points to equip useless stuff it's harder
>>
File: fuck this.jpg (56 KB, 715x560) Image search: [Google]
fuck this.jpg
56 KB, 715x560
>>342588950
It's fun and I couldn't beat the Shadow Queen
>>
>>342588950
Its my fav game
>>
>>342588950
Seems to be highly polarizing. I always loved it but a lot of people have said it's boring. Try it for yourself, there's a lot of talking and a few areas are more boring than others, but overall I think it's a great game.
>>
don't buy it. Pirate it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.