[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Loved base game >HoS was even better Just purchased BaW,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
>Loved base game
>HoS was even better

Just purchased BaW, will I like it?
>>
>>342588615
You are going to make love to it
>>
>>342588615
Nah, it's worse than HoS. The graphics are pretty impressive tho.
>>
>>342588615
HoS is wayy better so its enjoyable but nowhere near as good
>>
>>342588710

/v/ being positive? I feel like this must be some sort of troll post.
>>
the general consensus is
witcher 8/10
HOS 10/10
BAW 9/10

graphically BAW is great, writing is almost as good as hos but it falls a bit short in gameplay since you're already level 40 and pretty much invincible to the enemies they throw at you

also a lot of people were mad about the ending, they promised you could invite your friends over to your house but it turns out that only /one/ of your four friends will show up based on some arbitrary bullshit you did in witcher 3, even though theres literally no reason why all of them cant show up, and zoltan isn't even a fucking option
>>
>>342588752

I play it on ps4, does this still stand?
>>
>>342588615
I for one was sick and tired of the game when BaW came out and couldn't get farther than maybe hour and half till I was bored out of my mind.
>>
>>342588828
Better than the base game, yeah. Performance is also pretty decent.
>>
>>342588828
no
it runs at 20fps and the settings are considerably lower than the base game, the biggest improvement was extreme vegetation density and thats completely cut on consoles lmfao
good job being a fucking retard who owns a meme console
kill yourself
>>
>>342588878
Same here
Magic's gone
>>
>>342588879
>Better than the base game, yeah.
That's objectively and verifiably false, you realize art direction and graphics are not the same thing, right?

Pretty colors doesn't change the fact that the texture resolution on everything looks like muddy plastic from 2007.
>>
Did mods ever fix the consolized downgrade for Witcher 3?
>>
>>342588817
>pretty much invincible to the enemies they throw at you
Thank god for level scaling. It's so damn easy to out level everything.
>>
>>342588905

>Meme console

Listen here fuckwad, I could afford about 1000 top end PC's, but I don't buy one, you know why?

I like the experience ps4 offers
I like the fact that most of my friends have a ps4
I like the fact that I can hook it up to my TV with no fucking around buying extra peripherals.
>>
>>342589008
The graphics in the main game look like ass, it's definitely true. Look at the grass, for example, hugely improved in HoS.
>>
>>342588615
Boss fights were disappointing compared to HoS.
>>
>>342589138

>i like the experience of a game looking and running like shit
>i choose to play single player games at 20fps because my friends also choose to play single player games at 20fps
ok enjoy ur severe aspergers to be 2bh
>>
>>342589138
>I LIKE the inferior graphical fidelity
>I LIKE not having access to mods
>I LIKE supporting companies that hold back games.

Thats cool man, but maybe kill yourself?
>>
The new region is really neat.

The main quest isn't as good as HoS since they, well, focused on the region. The only bad thing about it is that the main questline has a few great and important choices that don't really change anything. To be honest it feels a little rushed. So don't you rush it, take your time with the side quests and exploration and shit.
>>
>>342589138
>he doesn't have all his consoles plugged into the same monitor on his desk switching between them and PC

what a scrub

But couch gaming sucks tho, cant compare to a nice office chair
>>
>>342589062
nope
>>
>>342589304
The twist is also really fucking predictable. 30 minutes into the expansion and I had already figured out what was going on. I normally really enjoy mysteries but this one was just way too easy to solve.
>>
>>342589348
How will you cuddle your gf and suck her cock in an office chair? Couch gaming is a must.
>>
The story and characters in HoS are better but, everything else is better in BaW.

>Huge new comfy region
>New soundtrack
>Shit loads of great quests
>Tons of new equipment
>Generally much more content than HoS

It's really good. Probably the best expansion I've played in I don't even know how long.
>>
>>342589401
>>Generally much more content than HoS
Considering it's twice the fucking price this is not particularly surprising. BaW went quantity over quality and HoS went quality over quantity.
>>
>>342589395
>having people near you when you play games

Couch gamers everyone
>>
>>342589282
Come here and do it yourself ya lazy bum
>>
>>342588615
main story is not as good as hos

but side quests, atmosphere, music, setting, are all top notch.
>>
File: 1362902358078.jpg (29 KB, 358x338) Image search: [Google]
1362902358078.jpg
29 KB, 358x338
>ywn live in Toussaint
>>
>>342588757
>>342588752
Shit taste

B&W is perfection. Witcher simply can't get any better than this.
>>
>>342589502
>but side quests [...] are all top notch.
uh
pretty sure its the exact same as witcher 3 where 99% of them are copy pasted bullshit with nothing redeeming or memorable except this time you get to clear out a couple wine cellars instead of the copy pasted quests using regular caves
>>
>>342589382
WTF are you talking about?
>>
>>342589640
About the twist. Did you forget already? You know, the queen's sister being behind everything.
>>
>>342588615
how does Witcher play with a gamepad? I used mouse for Witcher 2 and it felt weird playing something like that without a controller
>>
>>342589603
>99% of them are copy pasted bullshit
Confirmed not played

Name me a single RPG with overall better side quests. You can't.
>>
>>342589690
You don't even know the queen has a sister in 30 minutes, and after that they pretty much tell you it's her
>>
>>342589456
I don't agree at all. HoS was excellent, and the story is definitely better, but that doesn't meant that BaW suffers from "quantity". The region is filled to the brim with detail and good side quests.
Also most people will likely get 8-10 hours out of HoS without exploring the new areas and side content too much, where in BaW you can easily get 3-40 hours, IE way more than twice the length of HoS, just doing the most obvious quests.
>>
>>342588615
are you the guy who plays this game on Low graphics just to false flag?
>>
>>342589791
Yes, you do. Literally the first inn you enter has a letter lying in the barn spelling out what is going on. ''The queen's elder sister has been banished, we need to fight to reclaim the rightful heir's position''. Something along those lines, I'll see if I can find it.
>>
HoS
>great story
>great characters
>lacking in terms of additional content
B&W
>great map
>loads of content
>shit characters
>shit main quest that just drags on far too long
>>
>>342589260
I agree, mainly because HoS bosses set the bar so damn high. I was under leveled on death march and the first thing you fight is that god damned toad prince asshole that barely takes any damage. Ofieri mage and Caretaker were pretty easy to figure out but still cool and memorable. Then you have iris's ghost that regenerates off paintings, and her worst nightmare which took me 5 tries to even understand how not to get my ass destroyed (and there's that fucking red nightmare goggle filter).

BUT I was actually amazed and had a giant smile when I saw detlaff transform into his second form. At least until his bats kicked my ass
>>
>>342589740
why the fuck are witcher drones so fucking delusional
i'd honestly rate witcher a 9/10, im not even shitting on the game but its bordering on the line of schizophrenia when you aspies deny that the sidequests are fucking boring and copypasted

just like in witcher 3, the ? markers are a couple of drowners or ghouls around a body, a note, key and chest 10 feet away
the contracts are still the exact same
> go to village elder
> a monster killed my son when he was out hunting
>batmanvision into the woods for a minute
>kill monster
>btw i cant pay you the full reward
just because 1% of the sidequests actually have dialogue beyond what you'd expect from oblivion doesn't change the fact that 99% of the side content is fucking bad
>>
>>342589931
Wow, I missed that entirely even though I was being very thorough. Now that I think about it, there's a guy at a Beuclair tavern talking about annarietta's sister
>>
can't decide if I want to buy this since it's on sale.
>>
>Want BaW
>Know that it is the last of the Witcher we'll get
>Don't want to get it so I can live in ignorance

What do?
>>
>>342590034
Yes i find it pretty weird how witcher fans react to ANY kind of criticism. Not only online but irl as well. A friend of mine recently just walked away mad when me and harry talked about tw2's faults and Low quality aspects like the invisible walls and what couldve been done better. Why is that?
>>
File: syanna.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
syanna.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1080
>>342590072
There you have it, the plot of the entire expansion. Considering I figured out really quickly that the people being killed were old retainers of the king, I thought Syanna wanted to either conquer the kingdom, or enact revengeance. Of course at the time I didn't know her name and her exact motivations.

usually I'm pretty slow to figure out mysteries, but this one was just too obvious.
>>
>>342588615
It's not as good at HoS, but it's still pretty good.

Have fun, Anon.
>>
>>342590292
Uh, duchy, not kingdom. Semantics.
>>
Ideally you'd want the map & content from BaW with the characters and story from HoS, with Regis thrown in somewhere too.

I loved them both but HoS certainly felt a lot better, even if it was shorter. All the women in BaW were annoying cunts.
>>
>>342589075
Is this fixed now?
When I played BaW almost everything was in the green area, but human enemies I had to box against where in the fucking ?? levels, killing me in two blows and taking 30 themselves.
>>
The whole region of Toussaint is glorious. It's refreshing compared to the grimness of Velen and Skellige.
>>
>>342589837
>3-40 hours
Nigger, you're retarded.
I did almost everything and it took me like 20 hours. And I didn't rush it at all.
>>
>>342590797
Yeah, that's normal for boxing enemies. The only disadvantage to level scaling + death march is that boxing matches or areas where you cant use your signs and weapons are going to be way harder.

I could barely take a single hit in a boxing match, puts me at 20% HP or something.
>>
>>342589837
>>342590919
He's counting the lower hours for HoS while rushing through it (8 hrs) and the absolute maximum playtime you can get out of BaW (40 hrs)

The reality for me was 15 hrs HoS and 30 hrs BaW, didn't rush through it either and did all ??s
>>
>>342590034
>> go to village elder
>> a monster killed my son when he was out hunting
>>batmanvision into the woods for a minute
>>kill monster
>>btw i cant pay you the full reward
Those are monster hunts, not side quests. The quests marked as side quests have always a lot of other things going on. And EVEN the monster hunts always have a backstory and some kind of little twist so they're not mere fetch quests. What else do you think killing a random monster would include?
>>
>>342588615

>tfw the game is 50gb now and I only have a 120gb SSD

Gotta buy a new one next week I guess
>>
>>342589395

Why wouldn't I be able to suck my gfs cock in an office chair?
>>
It's better than the base game, but it isn't as good as Hearts of Stone.

HoS is the pinnacle of their ability as story tellers and they back slide mostly for the development of Toussaint as an area.
>>
>>342589943
B&W has great characters though, maybe not as good as the 3 in HoS but tthey're farr from shit.
>>
File: vercingetofeel.jpg (178 KB, 1143x805) Image search: [Google]
vercingetofeel.jpg
178 KB, 1143x805
>>342588817
nobody came to visit me
>>
>>342591668
Dettlaff and Regis are the only 'good' ones
>>
>>342590034
while your criticism is valid, I can't help but feel that was a necessary compromise for the scale of the game, filling up everything with unique quests would have been a massive undertaking
I agree that it's kinda bumming when the mark turns out to be just some loot or monster stuff, but I can't say I dislike the approach of "quantity and a few quality peaks"
the problem is (this is not even limited to witcher 3, it's more of a general consideration if you will humor me) that the time and money costs to develop open world games and actually do it like it feels alive are getting more and more steep. Inquisition, Skyrim, Witcher 3 all try to go for the same thing, all have huge budget and companies behind them, and still it feels like they can do it better. Open world games must be a development nightmare
>>
why the fuck isn't the expansion pack on sale
>>
>>342588817
TW3 9.5/10
HOS 9.7/10
B&W 9.9/10

About the ending party, that would be kinda dumb in a way. The whole witcher world isn't centered about Geralt so why would everybody stop their businesses to show up to celebrate Geralt supposedly stopping witchering?
>>
i didnt care about yen, triss, ciri, et al. showing up to a party i just wanted some post game quests where i could make some awesome wine and throw some huge parties like master bolius did.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.