[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is GoW: Ascension? I just ordered it for like 7 bucks. Going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 10605045-1361451029-167694.jpg (79 KB, 516x600) Image search: [Google]
10605045-1361451029-167694.jpg
79 KB, 516x600
How is GoW: Ascension? I just ordered it for like 7 bucks. Going to replay the series in anticipation for the new one, but never got around to this one. Worth a quick look or no?
>>
Its great. Also the longest in the series
>>
>>342584735
It's he only game in the series that I didn't get 100%. For whatever reason it just didn't grab me like the rest. I don't even think I finished a playthrough. Maybe you will enjoy it if you marathon the rest before playing ascension, but I had probably 2 years between getting plats on the PSP remake on PS3 and playing Ascension.

Hope you enjoy it though, Kratos is bad ass as ever in it.
>>
>>342584735
>includes demo of The Last of Us
>God of War is The Last of us now
>mfw
>>
>>342584984
Yeah, I've been on a kick for my older titles. I just rebeat Onimusha 1-3, I'm on 2 of 3 in Prince of Persia then I was going to do GoW 1-3 + Gos/CoO and now Ascension before Shadow of the Colossus. Needless to say I'm hoping it's good.
>>
It is a LOT more demanding than previus God of War games. You REALLY need to make sure you use everything at your disposal at every turn or you won't make it. It is oddly satisfying.

It has a multiplayer mode which you will probably like if you can stomach multiplayer in Dark Souls.

And you know how the devs said they would cut back on violence against women? It was all bullshit, the three furies, the villains in the game are all women and Kratos chokes his own wife (figuratively) at one point. It's incredible stuff.

And it is THE most beautiful game on Playstation 3, technically rivaled only by games like the Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V and Bioshock Infinite, and artistically only by the likes of Prince of Persia, El Shaddai and Kane & Lynch 2.

You're in for a ton of fun, is what I'm sayin'.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 1152x864
>>342585101
Holy shit, it was an omen.
>>
>>342586105
fuck off dumb spongeposter
>>
Not the op but I hear my weaponfu Artemis Blade is in this game, is it true? I want to go Gutsmode like you could in the first game, that sword was the best subweapon in the entire series until Nemean Cestus showed up
>>
>>342584735
>Going to replay the series
you will get bored halfway of the second game
>>
>play the last of us demo
WHAT
>>
>>342586426
Unlikely, the second is my favorite. I had a hard time making it through 3.
>>
>>342584735
3 > 1 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>ASCENSION

It was painful to play tbqh, the fixed camera angles and volume of QTE events annoyed me a lot more than previous games, and it was severely lacking in any story to keep me hooked
>>
>>342586720
Hmm, I see. Well someone says its the best and someone says it's the worst. Gonna have to try it out it seems.
>>
It just have a lot of bullshit but for 7 bucks is fine.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.