[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overwatch is a sad joke, and poor hitboxes are low on the list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1080
Overwatch is a sad joke, and poor hitboxes are low on the list of serious problems the game has if it wants to be taken seriously.

I don't really understand how there can possibly be heated discussion about a shooting game with stuns, wallhacks, and aimbot as core mechanics built in.

It is a casual game for casual players, meant to make them feel special and powerful because they never feel special or powerful in games like CS:GO which require a huge time investment and talent to be good at.

The balance crying will amount to very little in hitbox department. Blizzard will engage in a buff/nerf cycle for heroes to appease whiny masses, but the game will stay 20 tick, and projectiles will still be the size of beach balls.
>>
>>342583638

You'll get the standard Blizzcuck response, with adhoms and shitposting, but I agree with you.

Overwatch is fucking garbage and if it wasn't made by Blizzard it wouldn't have any following whatsoever, just like Battleborn and that kike shit Evolve.
>>
>>342583638
Fuck off shill!

So much anti shilling.
>>
>>342583864

>le anti-boogieman may may

Kill yourself, famicom.
>>
File: 1463478988430 (1).jpg (698 KB, 3508x2480) Image search: [Google]
1463478988430 (1).jpg
698 KB, 3508x2480
>>342583638
>It is a casual game for casual players, meant to make them feel special and powerful because they never feel special or powerful in games like CS:GO which require a huge time investment and talent to be good at.

Reread that sentence until you understand what's wrong with it.
>>
File: snow laughing.gif (997 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
snow laughing.gif
997 KB, 245x245
>>342583638
>Urgh, how I hate this game.
>Better make another thread about.
>>
>>342583638
i wish i could refund this game
>>
Your complaints are nothing when it made $269 million. It's a successful game and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>342583638

I never thought of it that way. Uninstalling now.
>>
>>342584826
fuckin hell that d.va booty
>>
Too bad people are having fun with it and nothing you can do will stop them. What a shame.
>>
Seems like a pretty good game to me.
>>
I enjoy it. I mean obviously not everyone out there is going to enjoy it. You can't please everyone.
>>
>>342585169
>Too bad people are having fun with it
They're wrong.
>nothing you can do will stop them.
we'll see about that.

>>342585225
You're wrong.

>>342585340
>I enjoy it.
You're probably entertained by car keys dangling in your face.
>>
>>342583638
>CS:GO
>not casual

That it's slightly better than the """MOBAS""" doesn't mean that it actually takes skill.
>>
How much you wanna bet OP is salty as fuck because overwatch stole a bunch of players from CS:GO or TF2 and he's too much of a poorfag to buy the game?
>>
>>342585476
CS:GO requires far more skill than Shitwatch, even tho CS:GO is also shit game, but Shitwatch is nothing except brainless "I pick chars that define my personality" to have fun. I mean, they could've at least added sprint/some movement utility to all heroes so that it requires a bit more skill
>>
It's extremely mediocre to be honest but the real shocking thing is how many people on /v/ and /v/ only (compared to other boards) praise it. I mean it's a real eye-opener, to know that these are the kinds of people posting here.

>pandering with le wifus is perfectly OK when blizzard does it

mmhm.
>>
overwatch is solid and it's far better than the load of shit that is tf2 and csgo

I honestly wish destiny came to pc at this point. Bungee is still the king of comfy shooters.
>>
>CS:GO which require a huge time investment and talent to be good at.

but i have a job and life stuff with what time i have to play games i don't want to spend it getting good at csgo so i can asspull to all my friends how good i am
>>
File: 1465271901289.png (759 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465271901289.png
759 KB, 1280x720
>CSGO
>Talent
>RNG bullet spread

I'm going to bed.
>>
>>342585581
I didn't even mention overwatch.

I was just pointing out that the opinion of a guy that uses CS:GO as an example for a game that "require(s) a huge time investment and talent to be good" at cannot be considered valid.
>>
>>342585736
new to fps? every fps game has RNG bullet spread
>>
>valvedrones are THIS desperate
What's up, did everyone abandon your shitty game and there's noone to play with?
Maybe if you get a job you'll be able to afford Overwatch (or ask your mommy to buy it)
>>
>>342583638
Wow OP... You showed me the righteous path...
I'm a #CruzMissile now...
>>
>>342583638
It's mostly team based. I'll admit that at it's core it has a lower skill ceiling than other games, but it really doesn't matter when everyone else is on the same page.

>CS:GO which require a huge time investment and talent to be good at.
Why does this make a game more competitive? Why does this make a game fun? Not to mention this is flawed thinking. If players who invest a lot of time into the game and lose to low skill players, they really aren't that skilled at all in the first place. If you lose, you simply lose. Previous experience doesn't matter, skill does.

>Blizzard will engage in a buff/nerf cycle for heroes to appease whiny masses
I would rather blizzard focus on character balance first before they tweak mechanics. I like what they have done so far in regards to character balance. 20 tick sucks, but at least we are all on equal grounds.
>>
>>342583638
lel we got a CSGO fag here boys

What's wrong? Mad about wasting over 1000 hours gettin gud and now suck dick flaps at Overwatch? Overcucked by Overwatch kekarino, sorry bae there's a new chief in town CSGO is dead lel
>>
Blizztards really only go for blizzard games. You could shove any other shooter in their face but only blizzard wins them over with their cartoony low effort models and simple minded gameplay. And they'll all bunch together and shout you down if you dare speak against their stupid cult following of a washed up company that's been robbed of any slight hint of originality for fucking years.
>>
>>342586121
Valvetards really only go for Valve games. You could shove any other shooter in their face but onlyValve wins them over with their cartoony low effort models and simple minded gameplay. And they'll all bunch together and shout you down if you dare speak against their stupid cult following of a washed up company that's been robbed of any slight hint of originality for fucking years.
>>
>>342585530
he's probably that kid at school that got his brand new Battleborn video gaem from mommy and got shamed by everyone kek
>>
>>342586402
"But moooommmm this is the wrong game!"
>>
>>342586213
Amazing rebuttal my friend, just assume I'm a fan boy of x and not y and try to turn the tables. Maybe you should just kill yourself.
>>
>>342586696
kek someone's jammies got flustered
>>
>>342583638
i like it
i had a mild stroke a few years ago during a major surgery and it damaged my eyesight to the point where i cant see with my central vision but still have my peripheral, i can barely read unless the font is big enough
this games hitboxes lets me feel like i can actually play against people without hoping my crosshair is actually on the enemy
although with that in mind i guess the game is a joke
>>
File: 1463938316665.jpg (1 MB, 1616x2880) Image search: [Google]
1463938316665.jpg
1 MB, 1616x2880
>tfw Blizzard accepted my refund request
Feels good man.
>>
>>342585467
>people having fun are wrong
sasuga v, never change
>>
File: roadhog hook through wall.webm (3 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
roadhog hook through wall.webm
3 MB, 1280x800
>csgo: 128 tick
>BF: 60 tick
>CoD: 30 tick
>overwatch: 20 tick
>>
>>342585736
CSGO doesn't have that retard
>>
>>342587662
OHBOYHEREWEGO

cue the webm.
>>
>>342587903
no...
>>
>>342587212
This is more likely a problem with the size of the hook's cone and player hitboxes than it is related to the tickrate
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.