[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9d gvSUg3KI >4 MIRRION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9dgvSUg3KI

>4 MIRRION DORRARS

THANK YOU CON MAN
>>
>>342577191
>backed for 15 dollars
>sold the key I got for 17.50
>still have the DRM free download

I feel a bit better.
>>
>>342577191
They should make a PS3/360/WiiU

Also the X1 version is better than the PS4 in the same way the 360 is better than the PS3
>>
File: gddr5.jpg (307 KB, 1158x1178) Image search: [Google]
gddr5.jpg
307 KB, 1158x1178
the power of gddr5
>>
>I'm going to make a megaman successor
>Please help me acheive this and fund it
>Was already working a on a megaman like game called azure gunvolt and it releases shortly after kickstarter ends, along with other games.
>no one cares to notice this
>>
File: It's better than nothing.png (109 KB, 356x1445) Image search: [Google]
It's better than nothing.png
109 KB, 356x1445
>>
Just a reminder that the credit sequence is actually 4 hours long. Anybody have their names on this wall of shame?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfU6zXvVcQ
>>
So...
Are we not going to talk about how they did actually put everything they promised they would in the game, or are we going to spout the same unfunny, untrue memes for another month?
>>
>vsync doesn't even turn off or on
thank you con man
>>
Remember - if you have the debug PC build, steam will detect it as the retail copy regardless of where you run it from

You can cheat achievements without even trying
>>
>>342580026
How much did you back?
>>
>>342578207
Inafune involvement with ASG development was saying that it needed to be flashier.
>>
>>342577637
>he didnt lock in that $15 into a long term investment and made $6

AAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHA
>>
>>342580331
Nothing, actually.
I was fully assuming that nothing from the KickStarter was actually put in, but every single bit of it was. The only thing they haven't done is port it to Linux/Mac and the portables.

Not that anyone on /v/ would actually put any effort into looking into what they hate.
>>
>>342577191
Going with unreal 3 seems to have been a pretty catastrophic mistake
>>
>>342580590
Welcome to 3 years ago. There was outcry about this not being sprite-based from the very beginning and it's only gotten worse.
>>
>>342580510
$0.02 has been added to your account for this post.

Just kidding, even I can tell Inafune won't pay you for advertising.
>>
>>342580675
You know, the real funny thing is that I know that most people really won't actually try to see who's telling the truth.

There are people, right now on this board, who literally believe that Inafune personally ran off with the entire budget in a burlap sack,
>>
>>342580510
I've played indie shit developed in unity during a game jam that looks and plays better than this $4m atrocity with "industry veterans." 90% of the money spent on this game went toward other projects or straight into Inafune's pocket, and they spent the last year shitting out a half-baked game to satisfy their "obligations" DNF style.

You got fucking scammed. How's that post-purchase rationalization working for you?
>>
File: anon pls.jpg (66 KB, 1050x591) Image search: [Google]
anon pls.jpg
66 KB, 1050x591
BASED CON MAN
>>
>>342580843
Technically speaking, that would have been a more worthwhile fate for a sum of that amount than the thing we got that looks like an engine example that shipped with the libraries.
>>
>>342580884
Ah. So you DON'T have any idea what you're talking about.

Its good to know that /v/ still only listens to only hearsay. You know, I heard that, while Inafune was cumming inside of Anita, they personally made sure to make all the to its trans in the game, just to spite you personally.
>>
>>342577191
b-but it's better than nothing
>>
>>342581024
Sadly, for all the people who literally beloved that games look 100% like the concept art, people would have been pissed at anything less than hand painted animation.

To be honest, this game would have bombed even if everything had gone right, because they'd be pissed that it wasn't e tough like Megaman or that it was too hard.
>>
>Finally redeemed my code
>Playing the intro
Why'd they say America has 52 states?
>>
>>342580843

Tell me shill, where did the money go?

Don't give me that "4million is not alot" meme shit either, I want you to tell me where the money went.

The graphics are shit yet still cannot maintain a steady framerate, the VA'ing is grating on most of the cast, the gameplay doesn't know whether it wants to be Megaman classic or Megaman X, the story is forgettable, and even the bullshit they added as stretch goals ended up either being poorly implemented or poorly executed.

Considering we live in an age where a dude can develop a fully realized game with no budget, it's infuriating to see how little Inafune actually utilized his funds, especially when you stop to consider how he was a veteran of the industry yet failed harder than Scott Cawthon in creating a franchise.
>>
What amazes me most about MN9 is the fact that the devs some how made the unreal 3 engine run like shit despite the fact its over a decade old. That actually takes talent.
>>
>>342581395
They managed Bloodstained to look like pile of shit on UE4, that also takes talent.
>>
>>342581763

So, how much did you donate to MN9?

I'm guessing $40?
>>
>>342581370
Turning it into a 3D game
Porting it to literally every console
Having to release it worldwide in physical copies
Adding in all the content that they were beholden to do
Paying for all the extra work
Paying for all of the backer goodies (which includes physical merch, like books and plushies)
Paying for VAs in at least two languages. plus localization
Marketing
Wooing companies for franchising purposes.

They spent the money on all that shit, which costs quite a lot. They offered way more than they realized they could afford and the game had to suffer because of it.

No one was conned; everyone gave that money freely, because they wanted revenge on Capcom for not making Legends 3.
>>
>>342581971
Blood stained does look like shit, though. Just because the first boss has huge tits doesn't excuse it from looking like a fucking DS game.
>>
>>342581995

>They offered way more than they realized they could afford and the game had to suffer because of it.

That's not a fucking excuse.

The guy has been managing projects for at least a decade, he should've known how much all of this shit would cost, especially when he himself has worked on 3D games that had VA'ing, ports to multiple consoles, and translations to boot.

People gave MN9 money because they trusted Inafune to put that talent and experience into producing a new Megaman esque game without having Capcom's bullshit weighing him down.

Inafune is a hack and rather than proving Capcom wrong, he just vindicated them and also probably set back the possibility for a new official megaman game by years due to how badly the game is bombing ATM.

He played to the megaman fanbase's hopes and scammed them out of money. If it was a amateur then I would give them a benefit of a doubt but not someone who tauts themselves as the "father of Megaman."
>>
>>342582460

I'm guessing $60 then?
>>
>>342581280
Something about Puerto Rico and another random Island some Americans meme about being part of the country.

Its weird
>>
>>342582460

What's your mighty number chief, I want to see if I can find your name in the credits.
>>
WOW THAT'S 10 FPS PER MILLION DOLLARS
>>
>>342582608
>>342582710
Bloodstained will also be as unremarkable as MN9 but with be remembered better because waifu faggotry and Castlevania clones aren't as easy to fuck up as Megamna.

Neo Shanoa and Neo Megaman are doomed
>>
>>342582863
Megaman*
>>
I feel like they were retarded learning UE4 and spent way too much time jerking off to create this abomination.
>>
>climbing walls in this game
>dodging in this game

What a fucking mess.
>>
>>342582863

Holy shit man, I know you backed the wrong horse but goddamn.

Bloodstained looks way better, as an alpha that's still in development, than MN9 did during its entire development up to its release.

I know you're salty about this fact but let's be honest here, you should've refunded your money as soon as the Dina disaster went critical and saved yourself the heartbreak.
>>
>>342582530
You do realize that Inafune wasn't in charge of anything other than directing at Capcom, right?

When he was working there, other people worried about the costs of getting dev kits, scheduling VAs, arranging talks with other companies, and handling merchandise. You aren't conning people when you don't accurately know how much these things will cost for a no-name company whose only bankablility is that Inafune is the boss.

The only thing he's guilty of is thinking that he knew what people wanted and that he could appease them. No backer is willing to take any sort of blame for the fact that they're mad about not getting the world's most perfect game. You know those indie dev's you're talking about? They don't have a fucking company to manage, a fanbase to placate, or any real restrictions on what they do.

I seriously believe that the only people who are throwing these huge vitriolic shitfests at this point are the babies who backed this game out of revenge.
>>
>>342583219
>Dina Disaster
Thanks to the influx of waifu faggorty since that happened, Beck being a girl would have save the game at this point.
>>
ITT Salty Backers crying over a mediocre game like it killed their mothers.
>>
Knew this shit was going to happen after the shit Inafune green lighted when he was in Capcom.

Remember DmC and Lost Planet 3? Yeah fuck that guy.
>>
>>342583586
I'm still mad that we never got EX-Troopers.

DESU, I think I understand why he and Capcom didnt see eye to eye: they'd watch their company crumble before releasing a game that was actually complete so they could upcharge for DLC, while Inafune is willing to burn through money to jam everything into a franchise to be ready for Christmas. They were both idiots, just for different reasons.
>>
>>342583229

>You aren't conning people when you don't accurately know how much these things will cost for a no-name company whose only bankablility is that Inafune is the boss.

Telling people to trust you with their money because of accolades that you didn't earn.
is the definition of a con, are you serious?

>The only thing he's guilty of is thinking that he knew what people wanted and that he could appease them.

All he had to do was give us a Megaman game.

You run to the right, jump, shoot, beat a boss, take their powers, use their powers to beat more bosses and potentially reach more areas, wash, rinse, repeat.

Instead, we have a game where the levels are built like it's Megaman Classic with gameplay that would be more suited towards Megaman X, which ended up satisfying nobody since the two play on opposite ends of the spectrum.

That and the game being delayed for online features that nobody asked for in their megaman game.

>They don't have a fucking company to manage, a fanbase to placate, or any real restrictions on what they do.

Yet a guy like Notch is sitting on billions and a multimedia empire while a guy who was the "father of Megaman" couldn't shit out one (good) game before he started franchising MN9.
>>
>>342583327

Is "waifu faggotry" all you can spout against Bloodstained?

Because it is, in fact, possible to have great games where the females don't resemble waxy goblins or trannies with man-jaws.

Just let it go, you're not getting your money back and Inafune played you like a fiddle.
>>
>bloodstained is shit
>you backed mn9
>bloodstained is shit
>you backed mn9
you fags are both wrong
>>
>>342583920
For Inafune to have conned people, he would have done what YogCast would have done and not actually made a game. You weren't conned; no one promised you that that game would be the best Megaman game ever made. No matter how much you cry and scream about it, you were not conned. You believed what you wanted to believe about this game and are mad that your dreams didn't come true. You must got a low tier MegaMan game. That's all this game was ever going to be. I'm sorry that this wasn't the game we all dreamed it would be; hell, Inafune is totally owning up to its failure and wants people to rail him for it. But don't act like this was his plan all along and act like this is the first time a games development went wrong. At least be mad at the real things wrong and not the memes.

Also, Notch is a poor choice, because Minecraft was the ultimate slow build up indie game. It stayed in open development for 3 years, was officially released to a fanbases that had been playing it for that long, took the following three years to actually build up those multimedia ties, and then promptly sold it because he was done with it. Inafune's true blunder was trying to do that all at once.
>>
>>342584634

>Also, Notch is a poor choice, because Minecraft was the ultimate slow build up indie game.

Okay, what about Scott Cawthon, who made an entire series in less than a year?
>>
>Looks like a Dreamcast game but still runs like complete dogshit on modern systems

How do you even manage to fuck up that bad?
>>
>>342585048
Of all the big bit indie games, FNaF is the one that's literally just a fad. Unless Sister Location does some amazing shit, it will be the !last game.
>>
I wonder if Inafune is aware that he'll forever be known as the con man, much like Geoff Keighley Dorito Pope status. I hope the word will eventually reach him. I truly do.
>>
>>342581370
>VA is intentionally bad as a reference to old Mega Man and MMX games
>this is somehow a bad thing
>>
>>342585205

Doesn't fucking matter.

Even though I don't really like FNaF personally, I'm still going to give him props for how successful his series became just because how much he was able to accomplish in less than a year in comparison to games with years of development under their belt.
>>
>Bobby Kotick was right about Tim Shafer
>Kamiya was right about Inafune

Has anyone important been openly critical of Iga and Bloodstained yet?
>>
>>342585601
I have
>>
>>342581370
But FNAF is getting a spin-off and a feature length movie release all across the world.
>>
>>342585583

>I_was_just_pretending_to_be_retarded.jpg
>>
>>342580026
>they did actually put everything they promised they would in the game
No they didn't.
>>
Is it just me, or game is not difficult at all, just slightly annoying.
>>
>people defend Bloodstained because it has fap material
>it doesn't look any better than MN9
I bet if MN9 had Call with tits they wouldn't have a problem with MN9.
>>
If MN9 would look like shit but the MC would be Shantae tier fap bait all autists would price it as the best Megaman game.
>>
>>342586559
>price
*praise
>>
>>342585852
Call as a playable character, for one.
>>
>>342585918
90% of the difficulty is just getting hit into some instant death hazard because you have practically no iframes in this game.

The final boss is literally the only point where I had to care about my health bar.
>>
File: tumblr_noev9uvywy1rgcw9go2_1280.png (912 KB, 1280x1110) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noev9uvywy1rgcw9go2_1280.png
912 KB, 1280x1110
>>342586665
They promised normal enemy transformations. That was the game's main schtick. Where is it now? They asked for 1 million for this, they got basically four times what they asked for.

>tight budget
>>
>>342586954
Instead you got what MegaMan's transformations where originally suppose to look like. Isn't the Call Solo stage the only one of those goals they didn't do?
>>
>>342587236
So, that means
>they did actually put everything they promised they would in the game
is bullshit.

Also, there are still no 3DS and Vita versions. With how crappy the game runs on everything else, do you seriously think they'll deliver this too?
>>
I can't help but wonder what the 3ds version is like.
>>
>Playing Infernos stage
>Get to the end without too much trouble
>Time for the first boss
>"This seems easy"
>FUCKING
>INSTANT
>KILL
>MOVE
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>342587368
Not him but they're outsourcing the two version of the game. Hopefully the company given the job would be confident enough to fix the bugs in the normal version, but all things considered it would probably be worst.
>>
>>342580505
>implying people would pay more than that for this garbage ass game
>implying people wouldn't just pirate it instead
>>
>>342581280
They delayed the game several times and couldn't even bother doing a quick google search in order to fact check
>>
The talking would be fine if the mouth would be closed all the time and not half opened so they look like retards.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
PEW PEW PEW PE- PEW PEW PE- PEW

The voice acting is next level

Also keep in mind people willingly gave Inafune their neetbux to have this added to the game
>>
File: Untitled.png (551 KB, 950x522) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
551 KB, 950x522
>>342577191
>>
File: 1391975256156.jpg (38 KB, 442x442) Image search: [Google]
1391975256156.jpg
38 KB, 442x442
>>342579969
>19:06
>Kamiya was right
>>
Wasn't there supposed to be some "turbo mode" or something that doubles the game speed? The game is such an unoptimized piece of shit that I wouldn't be surprised if it was cut, but I'd love to hear comcept/inafune's excuse if it was.
>>
>>342579969
>You can't skip it
>There is a scene after the credits

What do you do?
>>
>steam reviews suggest to buy the ugly piece of shit that is 20XX
>>
>>342577191
ANIME
FAN
ON
A
PROM
NIGHT
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.