[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when "The screen" was indicative to how hard/awesome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1398348885lavos.png (280 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1398348885lavos.png
280 KB, 500x374
Remember when "The screen" was indicative to how hard/awesome a boss was going to be?

"Dude, the last boss in Chrono Trigger is this huge monster thats even BIGGER THAN THE SCREEN!"

"Oh yea, well theres a boss in Metroid thats like 3 screens tall."

"The boss almost takes up the entire screen!"
>>
>>342569787
No. I don't remember that.
>>
>>342569882
Exactly. Thread
>>
Akiman (main artist behind Capcom's 90s fighters) talked in a recent video about how in the old days big sprites were so impressive.
>>
>>342569787
I do brotha... I remember that.

Remember as kids, describing whole movies and video game plots, scene for scene. And embellishing like hell.

As I kid you'd just listen to it. to be young and simple minded.
>>
Pls fuck off to reddit where this shit belongs
>>
>>342571856
the entire existence of the SNK company was based around sprite size dickwaving in the early-mid 90s
>>
no matter what anyone says, it is my genuine belief that we are currently experiencing a golden age of video games
>>
>>342573973
>no matter what anyone says, it is my genuine belief

hint: you don't need one part of this
>>
>>342569787
post 2000 games still do this

shadow of the colossus, bayonnetta, monster hunter, wow cataclysm, god of war and a shitload of shmups
>>
Tower Knight on Demon's Souls is the most recent example of big boss dine right. The satisfaction of beating that motherfucker. Chills.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.