[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone even play this game? I didn't even know it existed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 1415414812881.gif (3 MB, 250x258) Image search: [Google]
1415414812881.gif
3 MB, 250x258
Yeah, there was this really hard part near the end. Last boss sucked but looked cool. I was expecting more story then what we got. Good game, but it was a squeal and no god of war 2 and or 3.
>>
It was trash. Worst game in the series by far.
>>
I like to compare this game with the other GoW spin-off everybody forgot.
>>
>two brother
>one named Deimos
>one named Kratos
Real fucking clever, Santa Monica.
>>
>>342567278
?
>>
>>342567492
The word "democracy" is derived from the words "deimos", meaning people, and "kratos," meaning power.
>>
>>342564956
Got it for free a year ago, still haven't played it.
>>
>>342564956
Cook clown Sessler had a SJW fit when you got a achievement for killing a evil woman god.
He also gave it a low score because it was too hard.
>>
>>342567932
Coke*
Someone dig up the review. This was before all that gamergatebullshit.
>>
>>342564956
Currently going through it.
It's not bad but it feels kinda ho hum after the craziness that was 3

You can't really top that one.
>>
>>342564956
its not bad, just feels too casual compared to the others
>>
>>342567932
>>342568051
The trophy(PS3) was titled Bros Before Hos. Sessler and some other internet "celebrities" bitched about it being degrading so SM changed it to Bros Before Foes.
>>
>>342564956
its better than the new shitty one
>>
>>342568385
Yeah, like the combat is fine I guess, but 3 was fucking nuts. God of war 3 didn't need a sequel.
>>342568668
Thanks, how fuck stupid is that anyways.
>>342569050
Niggah it's not even out yet. as a fan of 2 > 3 > 1 and this one
>psp ones
This is what i wanted in terms of story, I wanted a chill Kratos (I was expeting one in this game.) But lack of character and over all drive behind kratos was boring. (he forgo what he did and there for didn't have revenge to drive him.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aDhfTGkLTg
Anyways I get the feeling the main character of this game is that kid. The crazy combat seems to be missing from what we saw, but we have yet to see real gameplay, as in not story cinematic combat, that even 3 had.
>>
File: Dante's_Inferno.jpg (79 KB, 256x317) Image search: [Google]
Dante's_Inferno.jpg
79 KB, 256x317

Just kidding, is it good?
>>
Its mediocre at best, certainly the weakest of the series. My personal gripes was the magic, combos locked out until reaching a certain number of hits, and the fact that the camera kept zooming out. But the sad bit is that it still looks better than 4 at the moment
>>
>>342569748
Havent played it myself, been meaning to, but I hear its worth a look. Though the 8th circle is also considered to be the worst level
>>
>>342566004
>this really hard part near the end
>The Gauntlet

Fuck that part. Such bullshit. No checkpoints either so if you die, you start the whole part at square 1. You literally waste over 30 minutes if you die near the end. I don't even want to try that part on the hardest difficulty.
>>
I liked the multiplayer, it was pretty fun
>>
>>342569975
So it's accurate
>>
>>342569748
Its fun, quick to finish. Not the best but if you like the GoW gameplay the lore is decent.
>>
>>342570028
Yeah it was rough, old man coke sniffer really hated and bitched about that part.
>>
A GUT PUNCH OF MISOGYNY!
>>
File: kratos laments.jpg (143 KB, 622x697) Image search: [Google]
kratos laments.jpg
143 KB, 622x697
>advertised as WE'RE GOING TO TAKE YOU BACK TO A TIME BEFORE KRATOS PLEDGED HIMSELF TO THE GODS!
>trailer footage shows Kratos still with his family
>actual game takes place after he kills his family and occurs in a brief pocket of time where he has PTSD or some dumb shit so Troy Baker has to kill himself in order for Kratos to remember killing his family and setting the events of GoW1 in motion
Fucking retarded. Also the aesthetic was weird, the Manticore and the weird serpent temple looked more Persian or Tibetan or idk what the fuck.

I liked that Kratos wasn't a belligerent sack of shit (well, as much as he was in III) but at least Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta did something for the character. They also minimalized QTEs so that was a good start
>>
>>342569748
its a really decent god of war clone, and the environments are really unique and creative
>>
Will they be making another GOW collection before NU-GOW comes out? Or am I better off just buying the other collections and then Ascension?
>>
>>342571462
The 5 in 1 collection for PS3 is probably the best option, although I think it only comes with vouchers for the PSP ports so you might wanna make sure you get an unsealed copy and that the vouchers are still usable.

I don't really think it's viable for them to release all the games on PS4, Bluray sizes are getting too bloated.
>>
>>342568509
Huh its way harder
>>
>>342569748
You know how Lords of Shadow copied GoW and did it well? Well Dante's Inferno did the opposite.
>>
>>342571601
>Huh its way harder
Second this. It has less QTEs and that Trial of Archimedes is a total bitch I actually beat it before the patch, I think it's perfectly fair. Not to mention that there's no Golden Fleece which makes II and especially III piss easy.
>>
>>342571081
Yeah I was hoping the game would be more about Kratos as a general, then finally getting the Blades towards the end of the game and going through the motions of becoming who he was in GoW 1.
>>
>>342571562
Couldn't a bluray hold all the games though?

Think I'm just going to get the two seperate collections instead because I prefer the discs.
>>
I heard the multiplayer for Ascension was actually pretty sweet. Heard it was kind of like Smash
>>
>>342572709
>Couldn't a bluray hold all the games though?
Maybe without GoWIII and Ascension.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.