[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got around to grabbing Thief 2. I heard it's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Finally got around to grabbing Thief 2. I heard it's the best of the series and I do enjoy a good stealth game. What should I go in expecting?

also general thoughts on the game.
>>
eh good but its shitty graphics and dishonored is much better.
>>
>>342561090
much better in what exactly
>>
>>342559732

My personal top game of all time, but I played it on release, so I might have some nostalgia.

If you get into it, check out that fan missions. Pirates Ahoy is GOAT.
>>
>>342562328
thief 2: clunky shitty mechaanics, horrible audio compression, no powers to use, walk speed is god awful

dishonored: blink, story, multiple endings, likeable main character, looks amazing, swift movement, anything else need be said?
>>
>>342562782
The whole premise of Thief is that your character is just a human who is as much skilled as the player. Also

>dishonored
>likeable main character

You mean that one, who has no voice and doesn't say anything ever? You are genuinely mentally challenged if you weren't baiting
>>
>>342563056
Corvo has a reason, a motive. Garrett is just le edgy thief XD who "can steal because he pleases and he can"

not baiting, legitimately think Looking Glass waas terrible at creating story and focused solely on clunky mechanics..
>>
>>342563339
>not baiting, legitimately think Looking Glass waas terrible at creating story and
sorry ,not buying it. This is baiting
>>
There's something magical about the graphics. Yeah on the surface they're hilariously shit but they nail the atmosphere and somehow make it better than if the graphics were more detailed. Stylistically it looks like a stain glass window I guess.
>>
>>342559732
>I heard it's the best of the series
Nah, that's Thief Gold. Thief 2 is excellent but Thief Gold is god-tier.

>What should I go in expecting?
Large, non-linear and interconnected levels full of guards to dodge and loot to plunder, plus an excellent art direction and still unmatched sound design and tech.
>>
>>342561090
t. 12 year old
>>
>>342563456
I'm sorry you aren;t buying my opinion of a game? How come everyone on this board just assumes an opinion oppoite theirs is just false and bait?
>>
>LGS never got to finish Thief 2 Gold

Why even live
>>
File: trickster.jpg (119 KB, 924x1000) Image search: [Google]
trickster.jpg
119 KB, 924x1000
>>342559732
A refreshment mister garret?
Im in the posesion of a superior vidya tha has the most fun.... effect.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.