[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Star Sector the definitive space trucker experience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: ships.jpg (532 KB, 2086x1200) Image search: [Google]
ships.jpg
532 KB, 2086x1200
Is Star Sector the definitive space trucker experience?
>>
>>342555702
When the fuck is this shit getting finished?
Ive had it for 4 years now, but havent played in the last 9 months or so.
>>
Who blackrock driveyard here?
>>
File: Legionary 2.png (376 KB, 1047x850) Image search: [Google]
Legionary 2.png
376 KB, 1047x850
>>342556376
>BRDY
Good ships but I serve his Majesty Caesar Justinian IV of the Interstellar Imperium

pic related best shipfu

Hope they release the Industry stuff soon, kinda boring just trading and doing missions at this point
>>
>>342555994
This has development updates
http://fractalsoftworks.com/blog/
>>
>>342555702
No. That was Elite 2.
>>
>>342557696
so never
>>
It's breddy fun for a while, gets kinda dull when you have a giant fleet and the AI can't do shit against you though.
For anyone who doesn't know what this is it's basically mount & blade the spaceships version, you pilot a ship and can amass an armada which you can order on the battlefield tactically (or just don't use a fleet and do it all yourself if you're an edgy ~~~lone wolf~~~)

Mods help a lot and add tons of new stuff to do
>>
File: hammertime.webm (3 MB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
hammertime.webm
3 MB, 980x551
>>342558338
You can also do this
>>
>>342558767
>Hammerfight: the star sector version
vev
>>
>>342558767
holy fuck i always though that was just a massive cannon and never actually tried it out.

Hadron accelerators are where its at. That chargeup and the burst dmg is so satisfying
>>
This game is pretty fun, but the ships are just so baroque and overdesigned. They are ugly as shit.
>>
>>342559374
You're looking at them with their hardpoints empty, ie. no turrets equipped. They look way better and less visually noise when weapons are on them instead of gaping equipment holes.
>>
>>342559374
mods nigga mods.

There is some gorgeous shit there given its only 2d sprites.
>>
>>342559565
Nope, even with turrets they all look like cauliflower. I mean I'm not saying they are objectively ugly, I just don't like it. It is just a style, but it kind of turns me off the game. Not entirely, I did play it for a while. But that was after a couple months of ignoring it because it was ugly.
>>
>>342559741
I'm not sure if it is possible to cut out all of the default ships, but even if it was that would feel wrong. Like it wasn't balanced at all the way it was intended.
>>
>>342559959
Are you really so autistic you can't even handle enemy fleets having industrial looking ships?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.