[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we stop it with the Spagetti-O shitposting and talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 250x228
Can we stop it with the Spagetti-O shitposting and talk about how they are actually improving the formula this time?

>Solve the issue of waiting for your turn

>While also moving individually

If they push this concept better for NX, Mario Party 11 will be the best Mario Party in years
>>
It's basically Smash Tour with Mii's replaced with Toads
>>
>>342549749
At least in Star Rush as soon as you recruit a Mario character, you can switch to playing as them on the next turn, you're not locked to Toad
>>
It's another attempt at solving a problem that doesn't exist, all for the sake of 'innovation'. Hopefully it flops like Island Tour, and they finally go back to traditional Mario Party
>>
>No Online
Fucking Nintendo
>>
>>342550075
>solving a problem that doesn't exist

The car was a problem. The "car" was like the "stickers" of Mario Party.
>>
>>342550159
How do you know there's no online?

The amiibo icon will always take priority over the Nintendo Network icon if amiibo support exists no matter what game it is, even if the game still has online.
>>
File: 1464472839890.png (416 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1464472839890.png
416 KB, 576x432
>>342550159
>online in mario party
>people immediately quitting out after the first lost mini game or after a star is stolen

mario party online would never work and would be a disaster and you know it
>>
>>342548892
What's wrong with waiting for your turn?
>>
>>342550616
"Waiting for your turn" is the argument the developers made for the existence of the car. 75% the time you were just waiting for your turn to come, you didn't really care what the hell your opponents were doing (inb4 muh strategy) you were either fucking around or on your phone or some shit.

The car made it so that every player's action affected the group because they moved as one. But obviously it was shit so they gutted it and went back to the drawing board, now we have this new so far superior-looking mode.
>>
>>342548892

It's funny cause 10 made the car tolerable with Bowser party but it had the most garbage content I have ever seen
>>
File: 1466654592614.gif (443 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
1466654592614.gif
443 KB, 400x296
>Mario party
>handheld system
>
>>
>>342550936
there was nothing wrong with the original formula. watching your freidns take their turn was part of the fun.

>you were either fucking around or on your phone or some shit.
anyone with a phone (minus the kids with retarded parents who buy them phones at like 8) probablly isnt the intended audience for mario party
>>
>>342551542
>there was nothing wrong with the original formula

Would you honestly be saying this if it were 2007 and Mario Party 8 just released?
>>
>>342550368
WHAT IF I WANT TO PLAY WITH FRIENDS THAT WON'T DO THAT
>>
>>342551542
>minus the kids with retarded parents who buy them phones at 8 or something

So like 99% of kids these days?
>>
File: bleh.jpg (63 KB, 381x321) Image search: [Google]
bleh.jpg
63 KB, 381x321
>>342548892
>talk about how they are actually improving the formula this time?
>No Online still

zzzz
>>
>>342551734
the formula never got old, the quality of the games did though. mario party 4 in literally every aspect has more quality then mario party 8. 4 has nice graphics and smooth movements and actually looks like a first party nintendo game. 8 looked like shovelware
>>
>>342552039
What the fuck why are you using 4 as an example of good mario party? thank god for copypasta

>lazily reused N64 voice clips because the new GC era ones werent recorded yet
>everyone moves slow as fuck
>no new characters
>the boards are extremely fake and connected by a dull, grey, drab path (compare to other GC parties)
>boards themselves have bland designs and rely on gimmicks and mega/mini mushrooms to get anywhere
>also mega/mini mushrooms practically dominate item play
>hudson went overboard with the ""realistic"" graphics to show off the gamecube's potential that ultimately did not fit with the Mario style

if youre gonna shill a GC party at least say 6
>>
>>342548892
>>Solve the issue of waiting for your turn
>>While also moving individually

these were never issues
>>
>>342548892
Island tour was bretty good, i just don't see what's wrong with the everyone goes their own turn than mini game formula
>>
>>342552149
i only ever played 2 3 4 5 and 8 but even so 8 was shovel ware tier
>>
>>342552149
>hudson went overboard with the ""realistic"" graphics to show off the gamecube's potential that ultimately did not fit with the Mario style

They were fine. What are you going on about?
>>
>>342550159
>you found a hidden block!
>there was a star inside!
>you have been disconnected, returning to the main menu.
>>
>>342551542
>anyone with a phone (minus the kids with retarded parents who buy them phones at like 8) probablly isnt the intended audience for mario party

Do you still live in the early 2000's or some shit grandpa?
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 736x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 736x420
I was cautious at first because it looked like they jammed toads in it

But the fact that you can switch between the characters you collected makes it sound like an overall nice addition

Mario Party fits his system a lot better than Smash did with tour

Though I feel this is only working because of the handheld sticking to one player per device

If they tried on console,the map would be too zoomed out for anyone to see what the fuck they are doing

Then again I could be wrong and they could properly format it
>>
>>342552470
phones became popular right as i was leaving highschool, so yeah seeing kids with them is pretty jarring and cringey.

you had a phone at 8 didnt you?
>>
File: 1466017898569.gif (3 MB, 294x227) Image search: [Google]
1466017898569.gif
3 MB, 294x227
>>342552328
>1, 2 ,3
quintessential god tier Mario Party, 1 may be too dated but it depends on taste

>4
its S H I T t.b.h

>5, 6
great tier, though 6 is arguably just "5 but better" except for maybe minigames

>7
"6 but worse"

>DS
its good m8 give it a try, the last "Mario Party" with the original formula

>8
its getting stale as fuck, minigames are janky motion control shit, board ideas rehashed from 7

>9, GBA, Island Tour
STRAYING FURTHER FROM GOD'S LIGHT

>10
"9 but better" and that's a low fucking bar

>Star Rush
return to form?? DS-tier at least?

Have fun disputing these, faggots.
>>
>>342552693
Doesn't 2 just make 1 redundant?
>>
>>342552875
In some aspects, maybe, but I'd argue that it still has its own charm, there are some people that dislike 1 though which is why I said it might not be for everybody.
>>
>>342552693
I agree with 1-6 because those are the only ones I played

Loved 4 as a kid when it came out, but 5 completely eclipsed it in my mind as soon as it came out, and I agree that 6 is the same as 5 but just slightly more gimmicky and improved in some ways. 3'll also be one of my favorites.
>>
How were they able to pump out seven Mario Parties consecutively year after year from 1999-2005 each filled to the brim with their own content? Just think about it.

Was Hudson full of madmen?
>>
>>342552693
2 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > 8 > 9&10 (<which i didn't play because they look fucking awful)

I never played the portable ones so i don't know how they hold up
>>
>>342553268
It's not the hardest thing when you have a bunch of premade stuff to reuse.
>>
>>342550159
This desu. I was legit happy when I saw the announcement then realize about the no online shit.
>>
File: 182827387.jpg (75 KB, 420x561) Image search: [Google]
182827387.jpg
75 KB, 420x561
Is true that Hudson have the rights of the classic gameplay of Mario Party (search the star, collect coins, etc) and that's why the last games of the series are really bad?
>>
>>342553687
They had a year between 3 and 4 to make gamecube models and new assets for fucking everything though, which every gamecube Mario spin-off afterward immediately reused to death
>>
>>342552693
2>1>3>5>6>Island tour>4>7>DS>8>10>9
fuck you island tour was alright, the mini games sucked but it was an interesting gimmick of a race
>>
>>342553521
DS is good if you can get a hold of it. Classic Mario Party.
>>
island tour was pretty good so im hopeful
>>
>>342549749
The Toad shit is just an alternate mode
>>
>>342551296
Mario Party DS wasn't horrible, it was probably the best one since 6.
>>
>>342551206
except that the entire Bowser Party Win/Loss boiled down to a few rolls at the end. The entire first half of the game basically had no meaning.
>>
>>342551749
Then you play in person like you should.
>>
>>342551749
I used to run mario party lobbies on dolphin netplay with friends, you can do that.
>>
>>342554691
you can't copyright a game mechanic, else 'moving an on-screen character using a joystick' would have killed all video games 40 years ago.
>>
>>342550368
Fuck your shit nigger i don't even care stop apologizing for Nintendo it's like you want to save them work.

Nobody will buy this garbage anyway, it screams rehashed filler even in the facd of normies.

Two fucking mario party games on the 3ds give me a break, Nintendo raped the corpse of this shit franchise 2 gens ago, it's fucking necrophilia at this point.
>>
>>342557380
>OH MY GOD THREE MARIO PARTIES ON THE NINTENDO 64 FUCKING GIVE ME A B R E A K NINTENDO T H R E E WHOLE MARIO PARTIES AND THEY'RE ALL THE FUCKING SAME
>>
>>342557598
But they where actually good.

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>342558275
>four (4) mario parties for gamecube

give me a break nintendo seriously wooooooooooow
>>
>>342557380
im not apologizing for nintendo. calm down you autistic shitbag
>>
>>342551542

You had 8 fucking games with the same shit anon

You don't need the original formula

We need a new formula that isn't trash like the car
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 717x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 717x1024
Don't be a fucking sperg

Star Rush has the right idea to innovate the series without killing off what made be originals fun

Now we just have to see if they execute it properly

We are possibly looking at a new fresh Age of Mario Party after 2 gens of garbage
>>
>>342559106

I agree that it will do the series good

My only issue is that I don't give a shit about handheld games

Do the same concept on console and I'm in
>>
>>342558882
what was bad about the car?
never played 9
>>
so we are getting /v/ Party weekends with this or what?
>>
>>342558275

There's your bias

This game is actually redoing the formula properly to be a good game

Don't be a cynical bitch

We all noticed the problem with the car mechanics the day we first saw it

This time there's nothing wrong with the new mechanics people are just catious because 9,10 and Island Tour were trash
>>
>>342557010

>What is Sega copyrighting guiding arrows in driving games.
>What is Namco copyrighting loading screen video games.
>>
>>342560010

The problem is that you moved all together in a linear path with the car

They were trying to set up a system where you have to work together but also be competitive

But the routes being one path and the general design getting rid of individual choice and freedom caused negativity

People wanted to be able to move on their own and make choices for themselves to affect others

It wouldbe been more accepted as a side mode rather than the main mode

Atleast with Star Rush you have your freedom again
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.