[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video games are a thing that are pretty new to me, I used to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
Video games are a thing that are pretty new to me, I used to be interested in gaming when I was a child, but gradually stopped playing them. This is the game that ignited my interest in them, the title of "my favourite game" could change at any moment and it could change several times, but I'd be surprised if something were to better this. Because for the first time ever when playing a video game, I become emotionally invested in the story and most people agree video game stories are often the weakest aspect of them. The dark, post-apocalyptic world it creates is wonderfully realised and visually spectacular as it tells an emotionally devastating, scary and exhilarating story where absolutely everything is just flawless to me - from the story, to the graphics, to the fluid gameplay, to the sound design, to the interesting characters, to the variation in the missions you have to do, it has a great combination of combat and stealth that's immensely satisfying, to how poignant and powerful it is. It's honestly one of the greatest games I have ever played.
>>
Don't get me wrong, I loved TLOU (preordered the special edition in fact), but you yourself admitted you haven't played many games.

Not giving yourself a lot of credibility there.
>>
File: 1442293829270.jpg (96 KB, 830x950) Image search: [Google]
1442293829270.jpg
96 KB, 830x950
shit taste, kill yourself pleb.
>>
>>342542598
Michael? Is that you?
>>
>>342542598
I own both versions of TLOU (PS4 version was only $14, fuck off) and while I like it a lot it's not even close to being one of my favorite games. It was a great PS3 release and a nice sendoff for the 7th gen consoles but it's definitely not one of the greatest games I've played.
>>
Now play witcher 3 faggot
>>
The gameplay is really clumsy though
>>
>>342542598
>video games are a new thing to me
>greatest game i ever played

i thought jet force gemini was the shit as a child because i hadn't played anything better either.

thats a trick statement, because jet force gemini is the shit, fuck the haters
>>
>>342542598
Cool story bro
This is copypasta right?
>>
>>342543294
Oh yeah and the sound design too, you can be crouching behind a box and suddenly enemy voices become super muffled like they're three rooms away
>>
>>342543443
Ear wax immersion
>>
File: 1466644529506.jpg (104 KB, 581x668) Image search: [Google]
1466644529506.jpg
104 KB, 581x668
Is this shit game the new Half Life 2 for newfags to claim BEST GAME EVER, when they know nothing about vidya?
>>
File: MP team wipe.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
MP team wipe.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>342543294
>The gameplay is really clumsy though
how so?
>>
>>342542598
>Video games are a thing that are pretty new to me
and thats why. TLoU is a game you show to people who never or rarely game and they can get impressed by its presentation and show how far gameplay as come from the old days.

for those who game a lot TLoU really isnt anything special. nothing about it is bad, but its just bare bones compared to other stealth games, compared to other survival games with crafting, compared to many other shooters and compared to other horror games. it mishmashes many things without putting its own spin on things and throws in repetitive scenarios and encounter designs. its polished and it works, but thats about all it is.

even its presentation isnt exactly amazing. its a generic story with good writing, things that pretty much anyone can replicate to a degree with enough money. Hell Bioshock Infinite and GTA5 which came out in the same year were high up there in that regard as well.
>>
>>342543054
who is this?
>>
>>342543593
Ear wax naturally exits the ear canal though
>>
File: image.png (927 KB, 638x718) Image search: [Google]
image.png
927 KB, 638x718
>>342542598
there's a reason it got over 250+ awards, op

this and The Witcher 3 are two of the greatest games of all time, I recommend you give that a try as well
>>
>3 years after release
>all these peoples still mad that TLoU is GOAT
Kek
>>
>sneaking around clickers
>Bill comes stomping behind me with his big noisy boots
>characters yelling to each other
>"I GOTS A KEY I'LL OPEN THAT DOOR"
>meanwhile I must be perfectly quiet or a clicker does an instakill on me

How am I supposed to feel immersed
>>
>>342543801
Witcher 3 is garbo though you turbo pleb. Bloodborne is where it's at.

>>342543850
it's not even the best game of its year
>>
>>342542598
So you're admitting you love TLOU because you don't play video games?

Do you see what you're doing?
>>
>>342543764
This sums up my experience with this game. It's functional I guess but totally unremarkable
>>
>>342544398
to be fair the pleb said it's one of the greatest games he played but didn't speak in absolutes.
>>
>>342542598
Yeah TLoU is the pinnacle of story driven "cinematic games" in my mind, and the gameplay is basic, but rock solid. That being said there are a lot of different things people value in a game so that's why some people think TLoU was somewhat overrated.
>>
>>342543764
Bioshock Infinite was definitely a lot worse than GTA V and The Last of Us. Graphics weren't really any better than the original Bioshock, the narrative and the way it was presented was worse, and the actual gameplay mechanics were dumbed down. (and Bioshock was already dumbed down)
>>
>>342544131
I don't think that any game could've beaten GTA5 for GOTY that year.
>>
File: 1466414251530.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1466414251530.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>342544813
I've played a ton of games and I still think it's one of the best games I've ever played
>>
>>342545392
blasting niggas with the pump shotgun is ungodly satisfying in MP
>>
That's cool man, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself so much. I thought it was pretty good too. The multiplayer is (was) pretty fun as well.
>>
>>342543774
It's Michael
>>
how alive is the ps3 multiplayer?
>>
>>342543774
it's Trevor
I thought you were dead you asshole
>>
File: c43.jpg (29 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
c43.jpg
29 KB, 450x450
>>342545829
found the autist

https://rateyourmusic.com/~TheCunningStunt

It's a difficult choice. RateYourMusic is obviously up there, Wikipedia too, a few years ago Facebook would have been a contender until misanthropy took me over and I realised that 98% of the people I know are awful, horrible, shallow narcissists and Facebook made me realise I am too but at least I'm a little more self aware about it. 4Chan would be rated 0.5 on RateYourWebsites, Twitter maybe slightly higher... But ultimately, having a search engine that has an infinite wealth of knowledge and wisdom just by typing in website names, phrases, questions, key words is just amazing.

wow this guy is a huge turbo pleb
>>
File: Joel.jpg (146 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Joel.jpg
146 KB, 1280x720
Today on 'Between the Lines,' a FIRST EVER for our series when we explore the philosophy of an award winning videogame with Neil Druckmann.

Welcome. I'm Barry Kibrick. Neil is the creative director of the acclaimed videogame 'The Last of Us.' Along with director Bruce Straley, they created a game that set a new standard for the genre. From its cinematic beauty, to its moral philosophical content, it rivals many works of literature and film. Whether you've ever played a videogame or only heard about the negative aspects portrayed in the media, prepare to be enlightened as we explore the deep issues which have plagued mankind since the beginning of time.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKovsNkPntI
>>
>>342545829
Trevor...Trevor...Trevor....do you have a Last.FM?

>>342547050

Not joking man, but can you delete this post? I try to keep my endeavors on 4Chan and the rest of my internet life separate because for some reason things tend to turn out bad when they collide.
>>
>>342548001

You're fucked now, faggot.
>>
File: le cat.jpg (227 KB, 737x727) Image search: [Google]
le cat.jpg
227 KB, 737x727
>>342547805
>it rivals many works of literature and film
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.