[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking to expand my PS1 Library, Is pic related any good? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg (44 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Dragoon.jpg
44 KB, 256x245
Looking to expand my PS1 Library, Is pic related any good? What are some other good PS1 RPGs aside from Final Fantasy?
>>
Quite literally my favorite game growing up as a wee lad. Fucking do it!

>Meru/Haschel master race your first time through, OP

You'll thank me later.
>>
File: fyGhWHR.webm (386 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fyGhWHR.webm
386 KB, 480x360
Suikoden II is the best JRPG of all time.

However, you must play the first Suikoden.

So play those two. Don't worry, you'll find lots of reasons to replay them.

Also Breath of Fire III and IV. Pic related is gameplay from 4.
>>
No. It's terrible, just awful. Star Ocean-tier shit. It's unbelievable that a game this shitty could come out 2 full years after FF7.
>>
>>342526639
I just got done with Suikoden.
Should I get the second game on PSN or jump to BoFIII?
>>
i loved it but apparently it's only because it was my first jrpg
>>
File: BoFIII_Rei_Artwork.png (476 KB, 614x981) Image search: [Google]
BoFIII_Rei_Artwork.png
476 KB, 614x981
>>342526803

Definitely play Suikoden 2 then. It's a sequel to the first. You will come to appreciate a lot of II if the first game is fresh in your mind.

After that I'd say play BoF3 and 4.
>>
>>342526019
I enjoyed it, but I have really thick nostalgia goggles for it.

Legend of Dragoon was my introduction to a lot of classic fantasy tropes.
>>
>>342526019
Valkyrie profile
>>
VALCANO
>>
>>342526019
It's shit, so is suikoden 2 though
>>
File: Xenogears_box.jpg (86 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears_box.jpg
86 KB, 256x240
>>342526019
Yes it's good.

Don't forget to get Xenogears as well.
>>
>>342526019
It's pretty good. The OST is amazing and the story is cliche and all but the lore is pretty interesting
>>
If you like the Mario RPG battle system you'll like it. Only big downside in my opinion is that they remove your healer from the party several times leaving her continually under leveled. Nothing you can do about that either since your entire party shares XP except for her the chapters she isn't there.
>>
LoD is as generic and mediocre as jrpgs get.

Well, ok, it's not Secret of the Stars/Beyond the Beyond level. But it's only one step above.

It's fanbase is mostly just the type of turboweeb who will praise anything Japanese no matter how subpar it is.
>>
>>342526019
It's a shit meme game

There are much better JRPGS, especially on the Playstation.
>>
>>342526019
>Alundra
>Azure Dreams
>Brigandine
>Jade Cocoon
>Kartia
>Koudelka
>Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
>Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
>Star Ocean: The Second Story
>Vandal Hearts
>Wild Arms

There. That's a complete list of the best stuff on the PS1 not already mentioned here.
>>
>>342528868
>no
>Tactics Ogre
>FFT
>Grandia
>Vandal Hearts 2
>Arc the Lad II

Your "complete" list is pretty shit.
>>
Grandia
>>
>>342526019
life is suffering that this isnt on the euro psn i just want to play this game on my vita
>>
>>342528560
>Only big downside in my opinion is that they remove your healer from the party several times leaving her continually under leveled. Nothing you can do about that either since your entire party shares XP except for her the chapters she isn't there.

I just did a playthrough using Shana/Miranda and she was never underleveled. She may have been 1 level below the others for a short while but that's it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.