[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning on playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. But, I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1466286887369.png (504 KB, 620x638) Image search: [Google]
1466286887369.png
504 KB, 620x638
I'm planning on playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. But, I don't know which one to start on? Would anyone care to help out? Some hints and tips would be great too.
>>
>>342512623
1.Shadow of Chernobyl
2. Clear Sky (optional)
3. Call of Pripyat
>>
>>342512623
Start with Shadow of Chernobyl, then go to Call of Pripyat. Clear Sky should be modded and it's the weakest in the series so save it for later.

Don't use any mods first playthrough and it's fine just with official patches, though Zone Reclamation Project (bugfixes) is acceptable.
>>
>>342512623
Shadow of Chernobyl and download the Zone Reclamation project and unofficial patch. There are a bunch of overhaul mods too, but you can save those for a second run.
>>
File: Stalker starter guide.jpg (645 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
Stalker starter guide.jpg
645 KB, 1536x1152
>>342512852
>>342512924

Retarded and KYS.

>>342512623

Release order. SoC, CS then CoP.

Get the starter pack mods in my pic though I think my version is outdated. Clear Sky is not optional.
>>
>>342512852
>>342512924
>>342513409
>>342515225
Thanks guys.
>>
>>342515225
>>342512924
Do guns start to feel btter as you get further into the game? Or should I look for a mod?

Because fuck. The gunplay a the start of SoC kills me, even though I really like everything else the game is doing.
>>
>>342515225
>KYS
kill yourself
>>
>>342516646

Yes. In Stalker you start out in Hobo mode, progress to Stalker mod and end up as a God of the Wasteland.

The first guns you have are fucking pea shooters that can't hit shit, but eventually you will be one shotting people from a mile away.
>>
>>342515225
>Clear Sky is not optional.
Your mom is not optional, it's buggy shit with teleporting grenades everywhere.

>>342516646
Yes, starting guns in Stalker are notoriously horrible as they make already weak 9x18 round even weaker and ballistics are exaggerated by default. It gets way better once you get your hands on an AK.
>>
>>342518870

>CNPP is the entire game

Nope only the ending of CS is shit, the rest is well worth playing.

>not liking that Swamp level in the beginning
>not liking that much better and improved Red Forest level
>not liking some faction wars
>>
>>342519478
Faction wars are honestly a great concept but no, enemies aimbot and teleport grenades under your feet in all locations. Also bloodsuckers are completely invincible while invisible, dice rolls are horrible and bullets outright disappear after a certain distance.
>>
>>342519692
>Also bloodsuckers are completely invincible while invisible,

Never noticed this even.

>dice rolls are horrible and bullets outright disappear after a certain distance.

This is only a big problem at the end.
>>
>>342515225
>Retarded and KYS.
Fuck you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.