[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post examples of good quick time events
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: glass him.jpg (100 KB, 440x498) Image search: [Google]
glass him.jpg
100 KB, 440x498
Although QTE as a whole are shit, some of them can be pretty rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndrmYdilL9o

QTE in video from 0:58 to 2:03 is one of my favorites visually.
>>
File: 118842main.jpg (59 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
118842main.jpg
59 KB, 320x320
RE4's when you had to desperately cut the rope that was dragging Leon into the lake gave a little bit of extra tension.
>>
>>342500839
I feel like I've seen the same joke before.
>>
Sorry OP but QTEs are always bad
>>
>>342502513
Damn, wish that it was intentional.
>>
>>342497906
I remember the ones on the first God of War bing cool, my favourite was when you fight that hydra thing inside the ship and you have to slam it againts the sides.
>>
File: Legend_of_Dragoon[1].jpg (44 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_Dragoon[1].jpg
44 KB, 256x245
>>
File: The Stranger.jpg (480 KB, 1366x1536) Image search: [Google]
The Stranger.jpg
480 KB, 1366x1536
>>342497906
I never really minded Telltales's QTE's as a substitute for combat.

Though my favorite example is probably during the confrontation at the end Walking Dead's first season. Where they subvert the usual mechanics of it.

Like how the option to strangle the stranger slowly fades when you start to see that he's dying, and you can either let go of him or just keep pressing

Or when every QTE is suddenly unwinnable, to drive home the futility of the situation
>>
>>342497906

Shenmue invented the QTE and it fit the game, but if people tried that now they'd be annoyed.
>>
>>342504237
It was nice twist to turn-based combat. Bit frustrating on the Dragoon combos though.
>>
>>342504237

..I don't remember QTE's in that game..
>>
File: dragoon.png (2 MB, 864x922) Image search: [Google]
dragoon.png
2 MB, 864x922
>>342506265
Legend of Dragoon was probably my introduction to QTEs as a lad. I remember being stuck for hours on a cutscene where you had to hide from a guard in order to progress, but didn't know that the exclamation mark that popped up meant that a button prompt was required to continue.

Also all of the attacks required a timed button prompt.
>>
>>342506265
Everytime you did a special attack you also had to do a qte to cause more damage
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.