[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody here love evolution studios more than polyphony digital?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 0a1.jpg (36 KB, 600x565) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
36 KB, 600x565
>>
i must be stupid for posting this in the title
>>
>>342489948
Evo Studios makes casual as shit games (Motorstorm and DriveClub), while Polyphony makes consumer level simulators.
They appeal to two different target audiences, comparing them is retarded.
>>
>>342490291
but they're both under the same parent company and one of them got shutdown (guess which??)
>>
>>342490547
>Shut down
Wrong, Sony sold it to Codemasters.
>>
>>342490610
well fuck me, guess i'm retarded for believing my brother
>>
>>342491093
They wanted to shut it down, initially they fired half the employees, said half went to Codemasters and Codemasters said "we're gonna bail you out guys and set you up as you were before, just under our brand".
Then Sony after said employee cuts wanted to fire the second half, then Codemasters came in and said "we'll be taking the studio, here have the cash, kthxbai".
And thus Evolution Studios lived to tell the tale.
They're still intact, just working for Codemasters instead of Sony now. Naturally they don't have the rights to MotorStorm but hey, at least they're alive.
>>
I wanted a new Motorstorm bad. Go back to more of the 1st and Pacific Rift. The mud physics and destruction could have been amazing on PS4.

Fucking DriveClub had to ruin everything.
>>
File: Omega_Boost_Coverart.png (124 KB, 256x247) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Boost_Coverart.png
124 KB, 256x247
the only good polyphony game
>>
>>342493114
>shitposting this hard

>>342492718
Blame Sony
>>
>>342489948
Fuck that game. I got epsxe to play Symphony of the night, and by accident I also downloaded gt2. God damn, it's almost as bad a time sink as gt4 was, and I enjoy every minute of bullshit rubber band AI, but now I have to split my timesink between dark souls and that game
>>
File: pcsx2 2016-06-17 21-55-05-96.png (740 KB, 1364x704) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2016-06-17 21-55-05-96.png
740 KB, 1364x704
>>342495180
>tfw GT4 turned me into a weeb
>>
>>342496258
>pcsx2
Does that work at all? Because I tried to emu tourist trophy back wjen I had a gt8600gt and it didn't work at all. Now I still have an i3-550 but also a gtx950, but I've seen someone with an i7 and they couldn't run the game at good fps either
>>
File: pcsx2 2016-06-17 21-54-47-95.png (611 KB, 1364x704) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2016-06-17 21-54-47-95.png
611 KB, 1364x704
>>342497635
some other games runs fine but GT4 is fucking awful to emulate, same thing with Tourist Trophy
If you have an AMD CPU then you'll basically have to deal with the game dropping to 80~90% speed some times
>>
>>342498181
Yeah I have an ancient i3

Gotta give props to polyphony, they squeezed out everything the ps2 had to offer and the end result was awesome. Even now it looks significantly better than any other ps2 game. Shame that while the graphics and driving model are stellar the game still suffers from the typical Japanese game problems, still here in 2016

That is, why the fuck am I able to change where the sound comes from independently of the viewcam, but I can't get a dash when in a standard car while keeping it off in premium cars.
Why is there no matchmaking with randomized settings and literally only three races available for pub every day if anyone plays online at all
And why can't I modify car's settings while driving?
you're listening to tangent hour
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.